What is it?
Vita Half-Byte Loader is a homebrew loader HBL for the Playstation Vita, running through the PSP emulator on the Playstation Vita.
For the latest news about Vita Half Byte Loader, check the VHBL Category on this blog.
Half-Byte Loader (HBL) is an open source Homebrew Loader for the Sony PSP and the PS Vita. It allows to play fan-made games on any PSP and PS Vita. HBL allows to run emulators for the Game Boy, Nintendo 64, Sega Megadrive, NES, Super NES… and many other applications.
- VHBL does not technically allow you to play any pirated PSP or Vita games.
- Although VHBL is free and open source, the current version relies on vulnerabilities in specific PSP games that you need to buy from the PSN. VHBL comes with no guarantee, especially I cannot guarantee it will work on your Vita, so remember that you pay for a PSP game, and not for anything else. I do not do refunds for the money you gave to Sony
- It is super easy for Sony to patch the vulnerabilities used by this tool, given the amount of control they have on the PS Vita. VHBL runs fine and is extensively tested, but for all I know it is possible for Sony to patch the game’s vulnerability without a firmware update. So, once again, before buying the game and downloading VHBL, you need to understand that you pay for the game, and VHBL is a bonus that might or might not work
- Jikkyu Powerful Pro Yakyu 2012 Ketteiban (up to firmware 2.61)
- Arcade Darts, Arcade Air Hockey, Arcade Pool, and World of Pool (up to firmware 2.60)
- Gamocracy One: Legend of Robot (up to firmware 2.12)
- Apache Overkill (up to firmware 2.06)
- Monster Hunter (up to firmware 1.80)
- Super Collapse 3 (up to firmware 1.67)
- Motorstorm Arctic Edge (Motorstorm Raging Ice) (up to firmware 1.61)
- Everybody’s Tennis (Minna No Tennis) (up to firmware 1.61)
Sony’s strategy so far has been to remove these games from their store, and put them back once the Vita firmware is patched. Most likely, if you didn’t buy the vulnerable game(s) in time, you will not be able to run VHBL. But we are regularly bringing more exploits to VHBL, so stay tuned on this page for further updates.