Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

When I post a comment, I always have to wait for my comment to be approved. Why?

Things that don't go in any other category
Forum rules
Inactive threads in this section are removed after 2 weeks
TheWhiteTyger

When I post a comment, I always have to wait for my comment to be approved. Why?

Post by TheWhiteTyger » Thu May 24, 2018 10:51 am

As the title states, each time I post a comment on an article of the front page of Wololo.net, my comments always have to await moderation and usually takes 24hrs or longer to be approved (if at all). I don't want to hear that each person goes through this because I know that is not true, I have seen comments for new articles appear quickly after they are posted.

I understand the last time I posted a comment, I requested that all of my comments be removed since I posted the same thing three times since upon returning to the page, it doesn't show that my comment was still awaiting moderation. Many people post comment and theirs practically go up immediately. (Could never declare 'First" even if I wanted to...)

I would really like an answer and an REAL explanation and not some bullcrap excuse since I'm not real sure how to get in touch with anyone directly here. (with good reason I'm sure, and I understand.)
Advertising
Thank you homebrew community and "hackers" alike! Without you and your valuable contributions, the people wouldn't be able to stick it to greedy corporations who try to 'prevent' us from using our hardware the way it should be.

wololo
Site Admin

Re: When I post a comment, I always have to wait for my comment to be approved. Why?

Post by wololo » Mon May 28, 2018 2:19 am

Hi there.
Posts on the blog use a different moderation system, a combination of akismet and "bad words" list, which includes insults, etc...
Sometimes, your messages get caught in the net for no good reason*.
Comments that fall in the "moderation queue" are approved 100% by me (nobody else), and sometimes I don't go through the queue for months because of real life stuff. Right now there are about 700 comments lost in the moderation queue, and yours might be in there. It will take me a full day to go through 700 comments, and in general I don't have that kind of time.

I'm very easy to reach on twitter or on gmail, but that's not a good excuse: for people who have contacted me about their posts being stuck in moderation, depending on my time at the moment they email me, I'll have a look, sometimes it will just get lost in the flow of messages.

So, yeah, the only excuse is real life.

* Another thing that confuses people a lot is that we have very heavy caching on the site. This means your comment might take 24h to appear on the site even when it's not moderated!
Advertising
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!

TheWhiteTyger

Re: When I post a comment, I always have to wait for my comment to be approved. Why?

Post by TheWhiteTyger » Tue May 29, 2018 9:21 am

Thank you for a real answer. I completely understand real life situations, and I do believe that I said some four letter word in the first initial comment that I made recently. I appreciate you taking the time to respond to this query, and will make more efforts to not make those mistakes anymore.

Also, total my bad for re-posting over and again the same thing. I think this has happened before as well... (My memory is junk and therefore it's harder for me to recall situations that have happened a while ago.)

Again, thanks for taking time to reply to this and I really appreciate your candor. Take care, and have a good one!

P.S. cap with an 'R' in it is also blocked? will make note of that and will say 'Junk' instead.

P.P.S. Won't EVER contact you about a stupid comment being moderated, so you have no worries about that. 700 is no joke and a lot to go through, so I'm in no hurry. Thanks again for your time!
Thank you homebrew community and "hackers" alike! Without you and your valuable contributions, the people wouldn't be able to stick it to greedy corporations who try to 'prevent' us from using our hardware the way it should be.

Return to “Off-Topic”