Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Help with Displaying Japanese Text in Lua Player Plus

Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
Post Reply
User avatar
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:11 am

Help with Displaying Japanese Text in Lua Player Plus

Post by ponpon » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:14 am

Hello amateur coder here. I was wondering if I could get some help. I'm using LPP R. 148 (LUA Player Plus r148 (Beta Version) from here: ... /downloads

I want to use this version mainly for the MP4 playback. In the past I've created a Learn Japanese homebrew for the PSP, my last release was Ver 0.9 in 2013 and I would like to work on a new release.

In other LuaPlayer builds such as LuaPlayer Euphoria, I was able to display Japanese text by encoding the text in UTF-8, then loading intraFont like this:
font = IntraFont.load("jpn0.pgf", IntraFont.STRING_UTF8)

However in LPP r163, the code I use is
font = intraFont.load("jpn0.pgf")

And if I add the IntraFont.STRING_UTF8 at the end, it'll give me a error saying "intraFont.load(filename) takes 1 argument."

I spent some time learning how to use Minimalist PSPSDK to see if I could compile the LPP r163 source code but I was unable to. I was going to see if it's possible to modify it but I'm not very good with this stuff.

In my previous release, a workaround I did was to include two different Luaplayer builds, LuaPlayer Plus and LuaPlayer Euphoria. And the user was able to switch versions in the Options menu. And one build would enable MP4 playback while the other would enable Japanese Text input.

I attached a screenshot and here's my luaplayer project if anybody want to try running it.
intrafont.jpg (57.54 KiB) Viewed 1911 times

Post Reply

Return to “Programming and Security”