Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Half-Minute Hero exploit

VHBL (Vita Half Byte Loader) is an open source tool to load PSP homebrews on the Playstation Vita.
VHBL can be downloaded at http://wololo.net/vhbl
wth
HBL Developer

Half-Minute Hero exploit

Post by wth » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:30 pm

Hey guys,
with PSVita 3.00 firmware update were apparently quite several exploits (include private ones too) patched, including the private exploit of mine I've been using since Everybody's Tennis was published and fixed.
Indeed Zer01ne used his Uno exploit until it got public, and lately decided to use mine too but unfortunately for him especially, he told me it's been patched on 3.00 !
dang Sony, they probably watched my crash logs / PSN game purchases who knows lol.

The game is Half-Minute Hero, available in EU / US / JPN PSNs, with exploit working until firmware 2.61, and vhbl too.
However I didn't update my VHBL for it since a long time, indeed I'm only using it to load eCFW since then.
To make this VHBL usable someone would need to merge it with the official VHBL latest changes, so that files respect the 8.3 CMA name convention and have uppercase file names. I have no time for this ;)
jigsaw also found this exploit himself after me, and we also had an agreement to keep it private, but since Zer01ne verified it's not usable anymore on 3.00 it's no use not publishing it anymore.

VHBL info :
This VHBL uses a special GPU unlocking method using sceGeListUpdateStallAddr on the game's main qid, indeed without it the GPU won't draw on the screen somehow, making VRAM direct write working only (without this "fix" sceGeListSync and sceGeDrawSync never end to be precise).

Files :
- Binary loaders for EU / US / JPN games : they will load & execute the H.BIN file you put in their save folder
- VHBL r147 for EU game (to make compatible with new CMA 8.3 file format)

Coldbird is to thank for crafting the US / JPN exploit payloads though :)
Have fun ;)

yosh

Nb :
- Provided European VHBL can't be transfered on >=1.80 fws via CMA unless someone updates it for 8.3 CMA compatibility, that's why only VHBL source code is provided
- US / JPN VHBL should be "easily" doable by basing on r147 EU version, but won't appear unless someone works on it
- According to hasu90 on wololo.net, there is also an NPJH50104 Japanese game in addition to the ULJS00195 one. NPJH50104's certainly compatible with the exploit but would require for someone to craft its exploit savedata
It seems the ULJS00195 Japanese game is the umd passport version and the NPJH50104 is the actual psn one imho, I'm not much aware of Japanese specificities
- The exploit itself is a bit tricky but mainly annoying to reproduce : SGDeemer doesn't work, so you always need to reencrypt saves
- Advantage : the game lets you have 5 different savefiles, so you can have for instance 4 different eCFW / VHBL (no eCFW provided here) and keep one for playing (that's what I do)

How to trigger the exploit : after loading the save, go to the Options menu.
Advertising
Attachments
Half-Minute_Hero.7z
(184.7 KiB) Downloaded 1742 times
Last edited by wth on Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:37 pm, edited 8 times in total.

The Z
VIP

Re: Half Minute Hero exploit

Post by The Z » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:33 pm

It cant be a coincidence that so many user mode exploits got fixed.

Frosty himself lost like 3 games, including fieldrunners, I lost a game, you guys lost (a) game(s)...

I am pretty sure that it has something to do with the crashlog, or someone leaked a lot of ****, but that cant be, because one person cant know EVERY private exploit.

FW 3.00 kinda f#cked us :(

At least we still have some spare ones, dont we ;)
Advertising
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.60 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞

Kankertje

Post by Kankertje » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:37 pm

The Z wrote:It cant be a coincidence that so many user mode exploits got fixed.

Frosty himself lost like 3 games, including fieldrunners, I lost a game, you guys lost (a) game(s)...

I am pretty sure that it has something to do with the crashlog, or someone leaked a lot of ****, but that cant be, because one person cant know EVERY private exploit.

We probably wont find out what really happened. Looking at the blacklist they revisited some already exploited pusblishers , but who knows.. also sony indirectly damaged vhbl compatiblity by ton by trying to block TN-V4 loader that is here. But lets not go offtopic ..

Thanks for the release Yosh, so this was the game with sceGe thingy :lol: , thanks for release.

wth
HBL Developer

Post by wth » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:28 pm

Kankertje wrote:

We probably wont find out what really happened. Looking at the blacklist they revisited some already exploited pusblishers , but who knows.. also sony indirectly damaged vhbl compatiblity by ton by trying to block TN-V4 loader that is here. But lets not go offtopic ..

Thanks for the release Yosh, so this was the game with sceGe thingy :lol: , thanks for release.
@The Z
Yeah I had just this one left, then others too but not from me then lol
Probably, didn't check anything though. Keeping 2.61 for now ^^
I indeed wonder if it has anything to do with crashlogs / psn purchase list, doubt sony started hunting exploits like us by themselves yes.
--> Which brings a Big question : can sony block all exploits that we'll use on PSVita or such now ?
Did they effectively block all exploits used on PSVita previously ?
This would mean we may need to use hidden psn accounts to buy exploit games and use them in 100% internet isolated PSVita.
Nothing good if that's the case.

It's kinda "war" declaration from them I guess lol

@Kankertje
yeah it's no wonder they wouldn't care breaking vhbl compat anyway ^^
lol yup I'll put a link here in my sceGe bug thread xD

RenegadeKid

Re: Half-Minute Hero exploit

Post by RenegadeKid » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:48 am

Thanks for your work Yosh, appreciate it. That's very nice of you to share this exploit, even if it's been blocked by the firmware 3.00.

I'll stick to fieldrunners exploit though.

(Sorry for my bad english, I'm not a native speaker).

I_r_v_e_s

Post by I_r_v_e_s » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:53 am

Is the Half-Minute Hero exploit better than the Filedrunners exploit? Faster?

The Z
VIP

Post by The Z » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:05 am

I_r_v_e_s wrote:Is the Half-Minute Hero exploit better than the Filedrunners exploit? Faster?
No exploit will ever be faster than FieldRunners, except maybe for the "signed" homebrews for the PSP.
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.60 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞

I_r_v_e_s

Post by I_r_v_e_s » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:16 am

The Z wrote:No exploit will ever be faster than FieldRunners, except maybe for the "signed" homebrews for the PSP.
Than I haven't to buy this exploit, when I use Fieldrunners?

fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:34 am

I_r_v_e_s wrote:Than I haven't to buy this exploit, when I use Fieldrunners?
Yep if you already have Fieldrunners then you are all set
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?

Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:11 am

we can confirm that around 12 exploits got patched. Still I don't think it was a leak, nor the psn purchase or crashlogs, they just revisited publishers with past exploits, probably due to the Icon Games thing where the same exploit existed in almost all of the publisher's games. But fear not, they harmed us, but they didn't kill us.

Return to “Vita Half Byte Loader”