Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSP Genesis Competition 2011 Winners

The biggest PSP Homebrew competition ever.
More info at http://wololo.net/genesis
npt
VIP

PSP Genesis Competition 2011 Winners

Post by npt »

Hello Ladies and Gentleman,
I have just left the official judging irc channel where I have watched Hellcat, Lampworker, Davee, and Wololo fight it out. It was a tough decision, really tough, I am dang glad I got to watch though. Wow. These guys really went to the end of the earth to make sure that judging was done as fairly as possible, and trust me, you wish you could read the transcript.

I would personally like to thank EVERYONE who had ANYTHING to do with this contest! Without ALL OF YOU, people posting on the forums, entrants, judges, lurkers, people testing out all the kick **** new homebrew we are getting out of this, *all of you* make this scene what it is today! Let's keep the PSP scene going it has the potential to keep going for a long time and become one of the loved platforms that peaks post it's commercial success. This competition has only shown me that there are A LOT of talented developers out there, and in the spirit of competition but at the same timing working together you ALL have done so much for the scene. Thank you all!

Also, just to make sure all is clear, let's remember the compo as a whole is not over! We still have the http://www.pspgen.com prizes totaling another $1000, the http://www.psp-hacks.com audience vote for a PSP Go plus $50 by psp-hacks forum member Jish, http://www.wololo.net/talk audience vote for $100, Wololo's special open source $100 prize, http://daxhordes.org/ audience vote for another $100 prize, as well as http://xtreamlua.com/ with another audience vote for $100! So stick with the compo *scene wide* for more results, and of course we will report everything back here as well... PSP Genesis Compo keeps it coming!

Now, to get to the point, and not spout off much further:

In an unexpected move, with things being SO CLOSE both for 1st/2nd and 3rd/4th, the judges were especially creative and came up with a special award for 4th place. In fourth place, with a special recognition by the judges, it has been decided to create a special award, the "Most Ambitious Project" award goes to SHELL by ArnoldBronson! [ viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5794 ] Congrats Arnold! (More to come on this, trust me... just you wait, surprises keep on coming as I picked the right judges..I'd explain but I can't yet. Arnold, congrats! SHELL is heading in the direction of a truly customizable firmware / ui!)

In third place, with a special recognition for open sourcing his *kernel exploit for 6.39*, being a good sport and helping out the scene in general by doing so, we have some1 with his 6.39/6.38/6.35/6.31 downgrader/FFFFFFFFailspoit! Congratulations some1! [ viewtopic.php?f=26&t=6403 ] $400 + a PSP-hacks t-shirt are headed his way!

In second place, the firmware that keeps on going and going (ie model to model, release to release) we have 6.39 Pro B-6. [ viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5152 ] Congratulations to the Pro team! Coldbird and Virtuous Flame, et al, keep it up! And open sourced at that!!! These guys are shaping the future of the PSP scene, and with their recent open sourcing things are only going to get more interesting! $750 + a PSP-hacks t-shirt are headed to Coldbird, Virtuous Flame, and Pro Team!

In first place, and again this was a TOUGH fight, both for 1st/2nd and 3rd/4th, we have Lamecraft! [ viewtopic.php?f=26&t=6151 ] Congratulatons to Drakon! $1900 + a PSP-hacks t-shirt are headed his way!

This has been an INCREDIBLE competition and I would like to thank EVERYONE, Wololo, Hellcat, Davee, Lampworker, Wololo's wife for putting up with us, ALL OF THE 111 accepted entries!, ALL of the incredible sponsors!, EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTED THIS COMPETITION, by coming here to /talk and discussing things, everyone who hung out / is hanging out on the irc channel, and to ALL who spend time hacking on their psps, running homebrew, and keeping the scene alive!

I have been brought to tears by this competition, such teamwork, so many entries.... the scene is ALIVE! Keep it up, all!

Regards,

npt

:ugeek:
Advertising
Last edited by wololo on Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
wololo
Site Admin

Re: PSP Genesis Competition 2011 Winners

Post by wololo »

Congrats to the winners!
So many good entries, the choice was really tough.

Npt and myself will be in touch in the days to come with the 3 winners to send them the prizes :)
Advertising
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
bennyweny1

Post by bennyweny1 »

I voted for lamecraft but well done to the runners up
Console¦ Ps Vita and Ps3
Firmware¦ 2.60
Vhbl or Cfw¦ Nope ;(
Draggy

Post by Draggy »

Congratulation to all the winners! I don't know much about some1's exploit, but I'm sure it's great. PRO CFW is a great firmware, I'm using it since the first version was released. Lamecraft is the best homebrew game I've ever played. Well done everyone, both developers working on homebrews and people organising Genesis. Great job.
Null

Post by Null »

PRO got the most votes here though, unless the guys in the other forums voted more for Lamecraft.
Well, nonetheless, congratulations to the winners, and I guess the other 107 entries.

Was disappointed how some of them didn't even get a vote, and most got under 10 votes.
TiPi
Retired Mod

Post by TiPi »

Congratz!

Lamecraft surely deserved the first place. However, I didn't expect the PRO-CFW would get another big prize, again *_* (Since they mentioned before entries with the highest amount of votes wouldn't get one of the big prizes).
Problems or questions? Feel free to contact me.
-My Blog-
Bou

Post by Bou »

Congratz! Drakon :D

Lamecraft was my favorite homebrew of the competition :)
My Devices:
Black PS Vita Wifi - 32 GB - 2.60
Black PS Vita 3G - 8/32 GB - 2.60 Private VHBL
Black PSP Fat 1000 - TA-079 - 6.60 ME-1.8
White PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.60 ME-1.8
Black PSP Go N1000 - TA-091 - 6.60 PRO-C2
ASKidwai

Post by ASKidwai »

Yay!

Congratulations to everyone who particated and won! And aslo to those who didn't win :P

It's rather strange the LameCraft got the first prize, I expected PRO but congratulations still.

Whoever participated, YOU WERE A PART OF A WINNING TEAM. These prizes are material things, but we won the war against Big Sony and his cronies. That s why we were part of a winning team.

Congratulation to all of you :D

@TiPi, PRO won't get the audience prize because is got the big prize :o
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

TiPi wrote: I didn't expect the PRO-CFW would get another big prize, again *_* (Since they mentioned before entries with the highest amount of votes wouldn't get one of the big prizes).
It's the other way around! It means CFW Pro, Lamecraft, and Failsploit are now officially disqualified from the Audience vote (which ends in a week).
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

Congratulations for the winners! :D
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
"just not into this RA stuffz"

Return to “PSP Genesis Competition 2011”