Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Official PRO CFW Topic

Unleash the full power of your PSP with a Custom Firmware.
Download and installation tutorial at http://wololo.net/wagic/cfw4dummies
OeilDeVerre

Re: Official PRO CFW Topic

Post by OeilDeVerre »

Coldbird wrote: GAME XMB Mount Feature (No UMD required, allows for Game Updates)
That significate that we can run ISOs like UMD ?
Advertising
Committee
Location: Second star to the right, straight on 'till morning...

Post by Committee »

I'm excited about the iso cache feature, will test after work if there is a significant improvement in loading speed
Advertising
djbevan

Post by djbevan »

Improved PRO-B Pics
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZPF9YWWM
smaler file size but looks the same

and an idea for look of installer of Pro-b with source code
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HDP36TYZ

i hope its ok to post it here
Dorakz 1.5L
The folder creator, iso cache remover, web browser cache remover, SAVEDATA folder cleaner and 6.60 version.txt writer for PSP
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7172
xist

Post by xist »

There needs to be some clarification on the Update of these PRO firmwares as there's no documentation with the packages and the wiki is somewhat lacking info. What exactly is best practice for an Update? Whilst we know that the Permanent patch for 6.20 PRO needs to be undone is it better to Uninstall whichever version of the temp PRO firmware you're running to remove the f0 files or should the next iteration of PRO be installed right on top of an old one? Does the PRO installer erase or overwrite the old flash0 files such that uninstalling the temp firmwares first is pointless?

Is there going to be a more detailed readme covering the various features?
HeroKing

Post by HeroKing »

Mario wrote:So can we now play online or not yet?
so far, it seems to still support GEB, so it's a maybe on that. at least we no longer have the bug of the psp crashing when trying to close out of a game
codestation
Big Beholder

Post by codestation »

xist wrote:There needs to be some clarification on the Update of these PRO firmwares as there's no documentation with the packages and the wiki is somewhat lacking info. What exactly is best practice for an Update? Whilst we know that the Permanent patch for 6.20 PRO needs to be undone is it better to Uninstall whichever version of the temp PRO firmware you're running to remove the f0 files or should the next iteration of PRO be installed right on top of an old one? Does the PRO installer erase or overwrite the old flash0 files such that uninstalling the temp firmwares first is pointless?

Is there going to be a more detailed readme covering the various features?
Yeah, there is a need for that, but the problem is that nobody want to write documentation (it happens to the best projects :lol: ). I would be happy to add some info to the wiki/docs but my english isn't very fluent when it applies to large docs.
xist wrote:Whilst we know that the Permanent patch for 6.20 PRO needs to be undone
Not sure how much of it is false but i have reinstalled 6.20 Pro a lot of times without removing the permanent patch without a problem (also i saw some lines in the installer source related to the perma patch checking) so i think that uninstalling the old one is pointless.
Plugin list
Working on: QPSNProxy, QCMA - Open source content manager for the PS Vita
Playing: Error: ENOTIME
Repositories: github, google code
Just feel the code..
xist

Post by xist »

Thanks codestation, i'm not trying to be picky but since so many users have unrecoverable consoles should something go wrong, it'd be good to have a full set of best practices for installation, update and uninstallation up on the Wiki and in a text file with every release.

I appreciate it's a pain but as you note there's a great deal of theory and not much established fact.

Edit - Also, how did Dark Alex produce all those speed benchmarks that he included with the 5.00M33-6 release to show his improved driver performance?
Committee
Location: Second star to the right, straight on 'till morning...

Post by Committee »

questions

1. about the cache size, is it safe to push it to 23?
2. what does the cache number stand option do?
3. would it affect the setting is the XMB option to use UMD Cache is turned off?
4. is It just me or is anyone else having problems loading using the inferno driver?
MJZ.503

Post by MJZ.503 »

the hide cfw files from game feature does not work on my pspgo g5
maric110884

Post by maric110884 »

i found a bug on xmb, i set the speed of vsh to 333 but when i exit a game or reset my psp it always back at 222.
it goes back to 333 when i press select and go to vsh menu. anyone experiencing this problem?

my only solution now is to use psp hud and set the xmb speed on hud menu.
im using 6.20 pro-b7 perma
sorry for my bad english
psp 3000 4g OFW6.20 -> 6.20TN-A-D -> 6.35 pro-b3 -> 6.20 pro-b4p -> 6.20 pro-b5p ->
6.20 pro-b6p -> 6.20 pro-b7p -> 6.20 pro-b8->6.60 pro- nightly

Return to “Custom Firmwares (HEN/CFW/LCFW)”