Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Pokemon? :P

Discuss about your favorite (gaming...or not) devices here. The most popular ones will end up getting their own categories
Discuss (Official) Games for your favorite platforms
poop station

Re: Pokemon? :P

Post by poop station »

lets start with this: yes, you can come up with strategies but this is never needed unless you are playing against real people. when you just use only one pokemon for battling you can just tackle (or in my case most times cut) you way trought the whole game.

also, gamefreak is even worse than sony with their actions. they are so cheap: they say gotta catch them all, well to do this (without cheat devices) you need to have:
1. all the nintendo console after the snes.
2. all the pokemon games ever made.
3. you need to live in japan and go to all the events.
4. need an e-reader or other device to link to the gameboy to activate events.

and even then it is impossible to get all of those f*ckers in black and white (how can you get the first generation pokemon?)

it just started with a nice little game, an rpg everybody can pickup and play. the 2nd generation was also great but they had to stop here. after the 2nd generation it just changed from a game to a money make project. they are really running out of ideas.

i also hate how you get the whole time those stupid long movies when you encounter a pokemon just to press run.

are there any good things? yes:

the glitches are awesome. this is the only reason i am playing them. it is so much fun to let the whole game glitch up in the firest pokemon games :twisted:

did you ever dare to perform the zzazz glitch and then saved the game :lol: ?

this i a nice tip if you want to hear a *** load of glitchy sounds:
1. preform the mew glitch with any special stats (if you don't know where i am talking about. just google for mew glitch)
2. before you go to the area where the start menu pops up go to a house with a map of kanto
3. talk to the map and exit from the map screen and go to the area where you should get the start menu
4. enjoy the missingno music hit :shock:

it will end after about 5min and then the fight just comes up like normal.
Advertising
ps=poop station
ps2=poop station 2 (this one can flush)
ps3=poop station 3 (this one has 2 flush modes)
psp=poop station portable
psn=playboy station nowork
msn=microsoft stupid network :lol:
Nymphaea
Retired Mod

Post by Nymphaea »

It's possible to finish your pokedex, event pokemon aren't counted towards a complete pokedex in the games. They are just a nice extra. I personally have Arceus, Celebi, and Deoxys. Though only Celebi is in White right now, other two are in Platinum and staying there for now. It would be nice to get all of the event Pokemon though.

Though I have to admit, Gamefreak are annoying. There's tons of "anticheating" measures in the game, but I've had them set on me at times when I haven't ever cheated. Things like bad eggs, etc.

Another fun part of the game though that I recently started learning is RNGing, or abusing the Random Number Generator, letting you get the stats/abilities/shininess/etc that you want. I'm using it for competitive Pokemon, which it is very useful for. Must say though, it is quite challenging and takes a lot of learning to get it working.

I'm curious, anyone here using the Dreamworld, and if so, what's your opinion of it? I played it daily for a while, but it gets boring quick when you're doing the same thing over and over. I do like the idea of it, but being confined to a continuous hour is a bit overkill, I wish I could play for a few minutes throughout a day when bored to fill up my hour, have a pause button or something. That and it lags badly on my computer, they need to add quality choices.
Advertising
There are 10 types of people in the world:
jocks,
nerds,
preps,
emos,
punks,
crazies,
losers,
ghosts,
individuals
and people who don't give a dang about the stupid binary joke.
poop station

Post by poop station »

well i don't know what dreamworld is and i am not planning to google it cuz i stopped playing their games after the 3rd generation.

oh yeah, the bad egg. wonder why they put it into the game. if you could get it by cheating you could removing it with cheating too so why is it there? just to make the game even more annoying than it already is?

i should like to see a pokemon game with a more action based battling system. like controlling you pokemon (could be awesome with the wii) to avoid attacks or use them against your enemy. cuz the *** we have right now is far away from the anime series. i mean, why buying game for the wii where you do noting more then selecting an attack and then just hoping you win?
ps=poop station
Nymphaea
Retired Mod

Post by Nymphaea »

It's not just selecting an attack and hoping you'll win o.0 there is a lot of strategy to it, it's just turn based.

And no, the bad eggs and such were designed to be nearly impossible to remove, and would slowly corrupt your file the longer you had one. Happened to my Leafgreen :/

Dreamworld is an online website where you can send a Pokemon to catch others and collect items. It's somewhat neopets like, you have a berry garden, a house you can decorate/customize, etc. To catch Pokemon to have to play little minigames and win after encountering them. You can only play an hour a day, and only bring back 1 Pokemon a day.

And you should continue, the fourth gen games are better than the third gen, and fifth is the best by far.
There are 10 types of people in the world:
jocks,
nerds,
preps,
emos,
punks,
crazies,
losers,
ghosts,
individuals
and people who don't give a dang about the stupid binary joke.
ultimakillz
Retired Mod

Post by ultimakillz »

idk if any of you guys saw this, so i thought id post it here :D ign held a poll a few weeks ago to determine the best 100 pokemon according to people's votes. according to them there were over 14 million votes during the poll. its pretty interesting if you're a pokemon fan:
http://www.ign.com/top/pokemon

tbh i dont agree with it 100%, but for the most part i think it was pretty well done.
poop station

Post by poop station »

ehn, no you cant really use stratagie. in a good rpg you have more party members that can fight at the same time, instead of just 1 (with the exeption of the 1 or 2 times in the game you can fight with 2 pokemon).

and where is missingno in the top 100 pokemon?
ps=poop station
kodex

Post by kodex »

poop station wrote:ehn, no you cant really use stratagie. in a good rpg you have more party members that can fight at the same time, instead of just 1 (with the exeption of the 1 or 2 times in the game you can fight with 2 pokemon).

Getting to switch pokemon and having different fight options, i think its enough to create a strategy.
waratte

Post by waratte »

poop station wrote:ehn, no you cant really use stratagie. in a good rpg you have more party members that can fight at the same time, instead of just 1 (with the exeption of the 1 or 2 times in the game you can fight with 2 pokemon).

When there is a limit, there can be strategy.

1 pokemon at a time is very strategic.
poop station

Post by poop station »

i found it pretty stupid that when you switch pokemon you take damage this makes it useless to switch. also, why can a pokemon only learn 4 attacks? how stupid are they? even mewtwo ,which is supposed to be a very strong and smart pokemon, can only learn 4 attacks. dont forget the hm's, they all suck (exept surf), and by using them on a pokemon you waste an important attack slot. of course you can catch pokemon just to use the hm's but now you waste you pokemon slot.

the only strategie you need to know is what the weakness of you oppenent is. this way you can just fight trought the whole game without even having attacks like double team or sleep powder. and most times i don't feel like using strategie if you where able to use them. this makes a fight just takes too long. specialy when you get a stupid trainer every second you walk.

i should like to have a switch to change the dificulty from easy to normal to hard. because now the computer doesnt even try to use strategie. they use attacks like thunder wave at the moment you have already the PAR status. the computer just uses attacks at random. the only strategie they use is using full restores at the moment you almost won. which is just cheap and annoying. we are right now in the 5th generation and it is still the same. come on gamefreak at least try it :x

btw: why is missingno not in the top 100? this is racism againt the glitch pokemon!!!!! :lol:
ps=poop station
kodex

Post by kodex »

poop station wrote:i found it pretty stupid that when you switch pokemon you take damage this makes it useless to switch. also, why can a pokemon only learn 4 attacks? how stupid are they?
dont forget the hm's, they all suck (exept surf), and by using them on a pokemon you waste an important attack slot. of course you can catch pokemon just to use the hm's but now you waste you pokemon slot.
I dont like it that much either but i realize the game would be easier and boring without those limitations.

Return to “Games”