Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[WIP]: PSP Bios (RM)

The biggest PSP Homebrew competition ever.
More info at http://wololo.net/genesis
legendmythe

[WIP]: PSP Bios (RM)

Post by legendmythe »

Hi, today I reached my 1500 line of code :D so I decided to post a little work in progress.

This homebrew is basically a simple recovery manager, but with more functions and faster, for instants whenever you change the iso driver it takes +- 1 second, but on my RM it only takes +- 0,5 second :D. Other fucntions that I've added are: Dumpers( flash1-3 and ipl) also I've added hardware information (like in the pandora menu) also I've added PSP stats, this just gives some info, not very useful unless you're a developer of this RM.

If you wan't you can download a Developer version of psp Bios, but remember some functions are buggy and boot time is not super fast. Also for the moment it works best on 5.50 Gen-d3, it might work on other CFWs.

!!! IMPORTANT: THIS MIGHT/WILL BRICK an Unhackable PSP !!!

Known bugs:
Might brick un-hackable psps
The 0mHz bug=> When cpu speed is set on default it will show 0mHz
Memory dumper => just won't work :c
Exit doesn't work in Eboot form, but that just because it's not made for that.
No Plugin support (it just a pain in the *ss to program that...
Launch Eboot.PBP at Recovery doesn't work either...

Also quick note for debugging purposes the RM is in EBOOT form later , with the full alpha release, it'll be in prx form to store on flash0.

Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2HJANROP

Please tell me what you think, or if you'd like to see something added.
Advertising
Mega_Waca

Re: [WIP]: PSP Bios (RM)

Post by Mega_Waca »

This will work on 6.35 PRO B4 ? I have PSP 3004.
Advertising
legendmythe

Post by legendmythe »

Mega_Waca wrote:This will work on 6.35 PRO B4 ? I have PSP 3004.
No your psp has to be Hackable a 300x psp is Not hackable So Don't try this on your psp!
C4TurD4Y

Post by C4TurD4Y »

Nice, but your RM still needs some... ekhm... improvements. First, some options won't work (ie. "registry"), and in psp stats should be "Total 32MB ram" on Fatties). Oh, and you mustn't divide battery temperature by 10.

Here are some screenshots, what I think will inspire you a lot:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Have a nice work :)

PS. What are doing options "dump lower/higher 16mb of flash rom"?

//EDIT:
@MegaWaca - I think you can try it on your PSP safely, there is no flash0 messing functions.
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/C4TurD4Y
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

And you did program this one by yourself?
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
"just not into this RA stuffz"
legendmythe

Post by legendmythe »

C4TurD4Y wrote:Nice, but your RM still needs some... ekhm... improvements. First, some options won't work (ie. "registry"), and in psp stats should be "Total 32MB ram" on Fatties). Oh, and you mustn't divide battery temperature by 10.

Here are some screenshots, what I think will inspire you a lot:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Have a nice work :)

PS. What are doing options "dump lower/higher 16mb of flash rom"?

//EDIT:
@MegaWaca - I think you can try it on your PSP safely, there is no flash0 messing functions.
No! It does some stuff to the Flash0 and writes to Flash1 so don't try this! Later I might make one for HEN/LCFW but this one is only for Hackable PSP
The Dump higher and Lower 16Mb, just copies the first 32 Mb of Lflash in 2 a *.bin files, it's not super useful though...
m0skit0 wrote:And you did program this one by yourself?
Yes.
C4TurD4Y

Post by C4TurD4Y »

legendmythe wrote:No! It does some stuff to the Flash0 and writes to Flash1 so don't try this! Later I might make one for HEN/LCFW but this one is only for Hackable PSP
I've done reverse-engineering (yeah, it sounds proudly :D) and you are using NO FLASH WRITING FUNCTIONS (all sceNand imports are about READING flash). And I didn't found "flash0:" string in data section of your RM. I know you are using example code from other programs (there is nothing to be shamed, especially on the beginning), but it will be nice if you read pasted code and understand what it is doing.

So it's 99% safe to launch your RM on 3k/GO. What about this missing 1%? In Poland we used to say: If you have bad luck, brick will smash your head even in wooden church.
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/C4TurD4Y
Yoti
VIP

Post by Yoti »

legendmythe wrote:it just a pain in the *ss to program that
Not so hard as you think.
IF SOMEONE HAS AN 07G PSP-3000 PLZ CONTACT ME VIA PM.

Do not forget about adb kill-server. Really.
legendmythe

Post by legendmythe »

Yoti wrote:
legendmythe wrote:it just a pain in the *ss to program that
Not so hard as you think.
No I'm doing some "research" on my pc right now, you just gotta be focused all time, I already found 80% of my code but then I have to take that and put it in psp form and make it work nicely in my menu...
And ATM I'm getting a little sick of software... Hopefully I'll finish it up in 1-2 weeks.
kingidba

Post by kingidba »

C4TurD4Y wrote:
legendmythe wrote:No! It does some stuff to the Flash0 and writes to Flash1 so don't try this! Later I might make one for HEN/LCFW but this one is only for Hackable PSP
I've done reverse-engineering (yeah, it sounds proudly :D) and you are using NO FLASH WRITING FUNCTIONS (all sceNand imports are about READING flash). And I didn't found "flash0:" string in data section of your RM. I know you are using example code from other programs (there is nothing to be shamed, especially on the beginning), but it will be nice if you read pasted code and understand what it is doing.

So it's 99% safe to launch your RM on 3k/GO. What about this missing 1%? In Poland we used to say: If you have bad luck, brick will smash your head even in wooden church.
Can you give me link for the new one^^
I wanna test it on my 3003 09g!:)
EDIT:
I'm too scared to test it so just leave it!
[youtube][/youtube]

Return to “PSP Genesis Competition 2011”