Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PS3 to PS Vita

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
theguynextdoor

PS3 to PS Vita

Post by theguynextdoor » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:22 pm

Would the PS Vita be able to play ps3 games? I saw somewhere (like wikipedia or something like that) where it said something about it. Can anyone tell me if its true? Thanks 8-)
Advertising

Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Re: PS3 to PS Vita

Post by Xian Nox » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:36 pm

theguynextdoor wrote: I saw somewhere (like wikipedia or something like that) where it said something about it.
Could you give something like a link to what you read, mayhaps?
Advertising

rafael707

Post by rafael707 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:45 pm

theguynextdoor wrote:Would the PS Vita be able to play ps3 games? I saw somewhere (like wikipedia or something like that) where it said something about it. Can anyone tell me if its true? Thanks 8-)
when ps vita comes out, there will be some compatability amongst each other, but if your asking if ps3 games will work on the vita, then no..
Add me, I got a ps4 ;)

IRC
#pspcommunity
#vitadev

PS4/PS VITA IGN: raff_da_don

waratte

Post by waratte » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:58 pm

theguynextdoor wrote:Would the PS Vita be able to play ps3 games? I saw somewhere (like wikipedia or something like that) where it said something about it. Can anyone tell me if its true? Thanks 8-)
No, not necessarily. You'll be able to play the same game on the PSVita while, continuing progress of a save file from the PS3, I suppose.

So, you have the PS3 version of a game and the PSVita version of it. You'll be able to play a savefile from the PS3 on the PSVita, the PSVita version of the game will play just like the PS3 version.

wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:48 pm

At the initial presentation of the PS Vita, some development studios claimed that PS3 games ran "as is" on the Vita, without any kind of optimization, except the size of textures.
Which seemed to imply that games programmed for the PS3 could be ported to the Vita with minimal work (and was actually almost implying that PS3 games could run on the Vita, although I'm thinking this was mostly marketing lies...)
PCWorld even claimed Sony would add an "export to PSVita" functionality for PS3 devs.
The company's including an "export" feature in its game development kit, one that's designed to aid developers who want to quickly migrate PS3 games to the handheld with minimal rendering changes.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/217919-2 ... games.html
But I can't actually find any real official statement about this, and it could be that people are misinterpreting the initial presentation of MGS4 on the PSVita, when they said:
Hideo caveats that the clip was actually pulled straight from the PS3 version and rendered on the NGP, which is rendering it at 20 fps.
http://www.engadget.com/liveblog/live-f ... kyo-event/
Which, really, could mean anything, especially it could mean: "we took the PS3 code for this 30 seconds cutscene, ported it without any optimization - which took us 6 months - and are now rendering it on the PS Vita".
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!

theguynextdoor

Post by theguynextdoor » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:18 pm

Thanks guys, but WOW! I SPOKE TO THE OFFICIAL WOLOLO GUY! IM YOUR FAN! WOOOOOH! lol :D :lol:

rafael707

Post by rafael707 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:30 pm

theguynextdoor wrote:Thanks guys, but WOW! I SPOKE TO THE OFFICIAL WOLOLO GUY! IM YOUR FAN! WOOOOOH! lol :D :lol:

lol noob
Add me, I got a ps4 ;)

IRC
#pspcommunity
#vitadev

PS4/PS VITA IGN: raff_da_don

AlbertWard

Post by AlbertWard » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:18 am

I got too much interesting stuff on your blog. I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the good work.

Return to “General”