Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Release] Higurashi: When They Cry Vita Port

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
BurntToast

Re: [Release] Higurashi: When They Cry Vita Port

Post by BurntToast » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:24 am

Works like a charm with the version of Onikakushi I already owned from GOG, fantastic work! Would you ever consider porting Mangagamer's release of Umineko as well? I'm aware you can already run the VNDS conversion, but that's only compatible with the outdated Umitweak translation.
Advertising

theswweet

Post by theswweet » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:40 am

Sorry for the bump, but a question - and I apologize if it's already been answered.

Is it possible to use the new MG tls for 1-6 and then use the old tls for 7-8? Or is that out of the scope of the project.
Advertising

Holiday_Ougi

Post by Holiday_Ougi » Sat May 18, 2019 3:05 pm

Hey man, thanks for your work!

I was wondering, do you plan to update the converter in order to support Tsumihoroboshi?

Bakson

Post by Bakson » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:28 am

What online converters do you use to convert images? I found this tool https://onlineconvertfree.com/converter/images/ How effective is it?

FitBoyAwe

Post by FitBoyAwe » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:19 pm

resistallyouwant wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:13 pm
dmaskell92 wrote:rofl Russian screenshots are spoiler free for me, anyway I tested some fonts and I'm having a hard time finding the perfect font. I'm probably going to worry about it later.
That's really funny :D but I wouldn't upload spoiler images.
As for me, the standart font is very good.
The game materials (scripts and images) need to be converted to function and the VPK enabled afterwards. The thread/wololo linked below contains comprehensive videos about how to get the Vita card. You should read it properly as it is a bit long. It is recommended. Copy the assets and install Higurashi-Vita VPK, which is attached below, into "ux0:data / HIGURSHI / StreamingAsets"
https://fontvilla.com Not only does it work as a special font changer by changing your boring

theswweet

Post by theswweet » Mon May 18, 2020 5:16 am

Does the converter work for the episodes released since the converter has last been updated? Also - does anyone have any preset files for ep 6 and 7? Clearly a bit too soon for 8...

theswweet

Post by theswweet » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:40 am

Bumping because I've been playing this on my Vita using the current port. I've diagnosed a few errors with the port right now, and posted them on the github. Here's what's the current situation for anyone that wants to stick to this thread:
I'm not sure how interested you are in fixing the port to be able to run stock, but here's the first crash point for ch5 if you don't use the PS3 patch.

https://imgur.com/a/DTzjXaM

Line it crashes right after on Meakashi Day 1, plus the error it spits out. FWIW I skipped through ch6 up to Day 2-2 and ran into the same error - maybe fixing this will help the rest of the game be playable?
Quick update - I found out what seems to be causing these crashes, as well as a potential workaround. It happens whenever the game calls CallScript(), and if you simply copy the script contents from the called text file and replace this function with that, the game will work normally - unpatched.

I have no idea why this works with the PS3 patch, but not here normally.

In this case, the crash occurs because the game tries to load the eyecatch from a separate file, which doesn't work as loading a separate file while the engine is already within a file seems broken.

I'm not sure, but is it possible that you can code something into the converter to do this manually?
Separate from #17, but I discovered the discrepancy during further testing. For whatever reason, the usage of the FadeOutBGM() function is flipped in ch5 onwards. In, say, Onikakushi - it would be called like FadeOutBGM( 1, 1000, TRUE ) - with the initial number denoting one of the 4 audio tracks, 0-3 - while in Meakashi onwards it is called as FadeOutBGM( 1, 0, FALSE ). This won't crash the game or anything, but instead of the intended behavior of the function, well, fading out audio - it'll leave audio tracks looping. This leads to inappropriate music for certain situations, and tracks that were meant to be cleared overshadowing other ones (such as the music for the opening credits at the end of Meakashi Day 1)

There is a workaround - if you find+replace to set the functions to be called as they would've been in Hou, everything works on Vita as it would on PC. Maybe this can also be handled during conversion? I don't know if this is an issue with the PS3 patch, but it certainly is if you don't have it installed.
With these workarounds, using the current preset, Meakashi is working with stock conversions - no PS3 patch required. It requires a little bit of tweaking manually now, but hopefully the converter can at the very least be updated to account for these quirks.

There are also some inconsistent crashes that I've confirmed with a friend that's also reading, that happens to be near the end of both Onikakushi and Watanagashi. Still playable, but annoying since it crashes at specific spots a good portion of the time. Ch3/Ch4 are fine, no crashes.

After I'm done with Meakashi I'll be moving on to testing ch6/7, as I have presets for both and I have already used FNR to replace the problem functions I found in ch5. With any luck they'll both be playable, and I'll be able to share those files with OP and they can be added to the converter releases. Ch8 will require some special attention since the way that preset files currently work is not congruent with some of its quirks.

Return to “HENkaku”