Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

How to install and dual boot both LME 1.8 and PRO C 6.60

All the Help you need is here
Hutchy

How to install and dual boot both LME 1.8 and PRO C 6.60

Post by Hutchy »

Cant decide on which CFW to use? Well this is the answer to your problems, as well as speeding up the process of starting your desired CFW after a reboot.

What you need:
A Charged PSP running 6.60 OFW AND NO CFW installed
A computer with Winzip, 7Zip, WinRAR, jzip, ect...
A USB cable
To have downloaded to files included in this link

IF the above link did not work use THIS ONE. When the link is open navigate to the top left of the page, select file and then download.

Step 1
Make sure your PSP is charged and has no CFW installed. Next you must verify you PSP is running 6.60 OFW
To check your version you need to navigate to settings (furthest Left) Then System Setting (Five from the top) and then System Information (2nd from the bottom). You should now be able to see the System Software Version which should be 6.60. If The version is less than 6.60 go back to the very top of setting and use System Update to acquire and install version 6.60 (Latest).

Step 2
Now that you are running 6.60 OFW connect Your PSP to your computer via USB if your PSP does not connect automatically select USB Connection in settings. If the connection is successful a window with pop up if it does not then look in My Computer in the start menu of your computer. Click Browse Files or the folder icon. Now you are in the ROOT of the PSP. You will need to drag and drop the files included in the ZIP I have provided. Do not change and file names unless they are named differently on you PSP, chances are you will not need to change a thing. When you drag and drop the files you will be prompted to merge folders which basically means it will add the new files to the existing folders. If you are also prompted to overwrite anything you probably have CFW installed. To continue you will need to use the installer for your CFW to un-install it.

Step 3
Now that you have all the necessary files on your PSP you will now commence installing both ME 1.8 and PRO 6.60. Disconnect you PSP from your computer. Now navigate to the game tab in your XMB (PSP menu). Now look for the PRO UPDATE icon, it has a blue background that says PRO PSP Firmware. Select this icon. Now you will see a black screen with different options. One of the options is Press X to launch CFW, it will install the CFW. When it is done installing press 'X' to start the CFW

Now you will need to press select. This is the VHS menu. Scroll down to the third last option and press 'X'. This will restart your PSP. When your PSP has fully rebooted go back to the games tab in your XMB and find the LME 1.8 Installer. It is a grey icon that says Light Minimum Edition. Launch it and wait for it to load. When its fully loaded you will see a back screen that says press X to install modules. Press X. Your PSP will restart automatically after the CFW has been installed. Now your PSP should not have any CFW currently running to test this press select. If no menu shows up then you can continue to the next step. If a menu does show up select the option that says RESET DEVICE and continue to the next step.

Step 4
Now that you have two CFWs installed and not running now you will be doing to step that makes all of this convenient. Go to the game tab and find the PRO icon that says fast recovery and launch it. Your PSP will restart and now you will be running 6.60 pro c. Now go back into game and find the DARKSPEED icon. It is black and has a Moon on it. When you have launched it you will see the option to 'install SenseMe XMB mod ' Select that option to keep it simple. Now you are back in the XMB. Using the VHS menu(press Select) Reset your device. Now go to the music tab. Where the SenseMe channels used to be you will now see Launch 6.60 PRO. Do NOT launch it. Now go back to the Game tab on you XMB, find the LME Launcher and launch it. Your PSP will restart running 6.60 LME. Now go back into games and find the LightSpeed launcher and launch it. This is important so pay attention. This time you MUST select 'install comic XMB Mod' or your PSP will catch on fire. Well no it wont but only select the option to 'install comic XMB mod'. Install it then press X to exit. Now Restart your device using the VHS menu.

Step 5
Now look under the EXTRAS tab. You will see the option to launch 6.60 LME. DONT launch it. Now look under the music tab. You may be thinking "Where did the option to launch PRO go?!?!!111" Its still there. The SenseMe channels WILL launch 6.60 PRO, there can only be one icon. NOW when your PSP crashes or shuts off completely you can either use the comics or SenseMe icons to launch your desired CFW. It save me lots of time because I have nearly 300 Homebrew titles. Now you may use comics or SenseMe(probably not SenseMe) to read comics or listen to music. You can still use these apps. All you have to do is launch either of the two CFWs. Then the icons will go back to normal and you can launch Comics and SenseMe.

Step 6
Profit?
Advertising
PSP-3000 lightspeed ME 1.8 && darkspeed pro-c2 6.60
PsVita 32gb 3.01 tn-v7.1
Toshiba satellite A10
One heck of a p4 desktop
If it aint broke, you're not trying.
lynx13

Re: How to install and dual boot both LME 1.8 and PRO C 6.60

Post by lynx13 »

Thanks hutchy!

In your signature you show you own a PSP-3000.

Is your tutorial here also for the PSP-200x??

Thanks in advance!!
Advertising
Cheva

Post by Cheva »

Hi hutchy,

Im currently already on ME 6.60, probably permanent, is it still possible to dual boot?
anonmunch

Post by anonmunch »

it just turns my screen black and turns off. what do i do now
Darton Staker

Post by Darton Staker »

Hi there,
Just update to Infinity 2 - Gives you ME and PRO CFW support which you can switch between.
:mrgreen:
Slave to Money and then you Die.

Return to “Tutorials”