Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake port for PSVITA

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Slavo5

Re: [RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake port for PSVITA

Post by Slavo5 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:00 pm

Finally I managed to place the right files into right direction. Thank you.
As for save file please see it here.Hopefully this if the file you are asking for.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bcr4fdz12bvv9ge/s0.sav?dl=0
Advertising

Notyu

Post by Notyu » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:16 am

Hey, this port is pretty neat! :D I love the way things are handled. Thank you for putting so much work into this. My only real problem so far is with the gyro controls; if you don't rotate the Vita fast enough, the input is completely dropped, making it feel like there's some sort of weird dead zone. This is a really big issue since the gyro controls would otherwise really help with making small, precise adjustments, as well as quick flicks. There should ideally be no perceptible "dead zone," although if people wanted such a thing there could be a slider for it, I guess.

Please consider making a change in this area, because as this game is they are more distracting than useful to keep on, and aiming using only the tiny little thumbstick is really difficult. And thanks for adding them in the first place; they are a great addition and should go a long way to making this game easier to play on the Vita once the proper adjustments are made.

Also, I have a couple of other suggestions; first of all, would it be possible to let you aim with the back touch panel? In theory, it would be a great alternative to the gyro controls, especially in situations like long car or bus rides, where gyro controls can be interrupted by the movement of the vehicle.

As for my last suggestion; what if you could select weapons by touching icons for them at the sides of the screen? As in, there would be a row of small, square icons with the ability to pick weapons by touching them on one or both sides of the screen. Sure, your viewing area wouldn't be as wide, but you'd get quicker access to each weapon. Of course, this is probably the most difficult thing to implement, and wouldn't necessarily be a huge improvement, but it would be pretty useful! At least in theory!

Again, thank you for all your great work, and keep doing the awesome things you do!
Advertising

khaaaannnn

Post by khaaaannnn » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:44 am

Hey guys been totally addicted to this port. Its started giving me GPU crashes though, I've tried disabling 'smooth animations' as I saw here. I'm on the second area and the game with crash at 2 points if i fire a grenade/rocket launcher to kill the first enemy or if i use any weapon on the jumpy boy. Now I got through the first world fine with no crashes weird that its starting now later into the game can someone have a look at my save and see if they can maybe pinpoint it? Is there also a way for me to read the coredump so I can maybe see whats triggering the crash? thanks for any help.

save file: https://www.mediafire.com/file/h2y7pq2s ... 0.sav/file
Last edited by khaaaannnn on Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

khaaaannnn

Post by khaaaannnn » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:51 am

sorry for double post but I've already narrowed down the issue, so if I remove the soundtrack AND disable smooth animations I can get past the enemies and not crash so my real question is now how can I get to use the soundtrack without it crashing?

Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:31 pm

khaaaannnn wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:51 am
sorry for double post but I've already narrowed down the issue, so if I remove the soundtrack AND disable smooth animations I can get past the enemies and not crash so my real question is now how can I get to use the soundtrack without it crashing?
The soundtrack being linked to this issue seems very strange since it should interact with the rendering code at all. At this point i suspect there's some out of bounds in the audio code. I'll double check it and see if i find something.
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D

khaaaannnn

Post by khaaaannnn » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:24 pm

Rinnegatamante wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:31 pm
khaaaannnn wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:51 am
The soundtrack being linked to this issue seems very strange since it should interact with the rendering code at all. At this point i suspect there's some out of bounds in the audio code. I'll double check it and see if i find something.
you absolute legend, If you need any information from my end just say the word, I just wanna also say thank you for ruining my life the past week with your ports. you got anything else vita related in the pipeline?

khaaaannnn

Post by khaaaannnn » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:56 am

Al Capwn wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:55 pm
Thank you very much for the continued improvement of Quake and other games. The issue I'm running into is I keep getting a GPU Driver crash, and also my performance is kind of on the low side, with many dips into the 30s; is it just me? Changing MSAA or SSAA doesn't seem to have any effect.
ok so after looking through everything we're at the exact same part with the exact same issue it seems, The difference is I'm not using retroarch. what version are you on and what vita do you have?

Slavo5

Post by Slavo5 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:29 pm

So, any news about problem with crashing level that I mentioned in January?
I already checked that Dissolution of Eternity also crashes during gameplay. So bad.... :\

Return to “HENkaku”