Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake port for PSVITA

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Al Capwn

Re: [RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake port for PSVITA

Post by Al Capwn »

Did some more testing, I fully wiped again (uninstalled and deleted the quake data folder) did a re-install with just the included demo pak file and nothing else. Launched the game, disabled smooth animations, quit via the menu so it's saved. Re-opened and started a hard difficulty game. When I got to the second level, I went into the water and got to the 'secret' door that drops down with a grunt behind it.

I shot him with the double barreled shotgun, he started his death animation and then a GPU crash. He wasn't exploding, like all my previous crashes with the grenade launcher, just the fall over death animation.

I've also gotten a hard lock that required a vita restart although it never came up with the GPU crash. That time it was the 3rd level, when you run into the Shambler (has to be hard difficulty). I was getting a lot of the 'r_drawsprite: no such frame' errors popping up and once the 2nd Shambler showed up it hard locked.
Advertising
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

riblad_om wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:13 am Not sure if this a known issue: having the water opacity set to anything but fully opaque causes major glitches for me.
That's because you need to apply vis patch to your pak files: http://vispatch.sourceforge.net/
Advertising
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Al Capwn wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:33 pm Did some more testing, I fully wiped again (uninstalled and deleted the quake data folder) did a re-install with just the included demo pak file and nothing else. Launched the game, disabled smooth animations, quit via the menu so it's saved. Re-opened and started a hard difficulty game. When I got to the second level, I went into the water and got to the 'secret' door that drops down with a grunt behind it.

I shot him with the double barreled shotgun, he started his death animation and then a GPU crash. He wasn't exploding, like all my previous crashes with the grenade launcher, just the fall over death animation.

I've also gotten a hard lock that required a vita restart although it never came up with the GPU crash. That time it was the 3rd level, when you run into the Shambler (has to be hard difficulty). I was getting a lot of the 'r_drawsprite: no such frame' errors popping up and once the 2nd Shambler showed up it hard locked.
I'll try to see other sourceports if they applied some fixes for sprites rendering.
JetSerge

Post by JetSerge »

Rinnegatamante wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:03 pm
riblad_om wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:13 am Not sure if this a known issue: having the water opacity set to anything but fully opaque causes major glitches for me.
That's because you need to apply vis patch to your pak files: http://vispatch.sourceforge.net/
Water is either opaque or disappears completely when you adjust the setting after the patch. The surface of the water is not visible at all. Do I need to change some other setting for it to work properly?
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Nothing more should be required.
Al Capwn

Post by Al Capwn »

I just wanted to post an update, I think somehow the GPU Driver crash and the full lockup I got is somehow my vita. I was just using retroarch and when trying to call up the menu I got a GPU Driver crash, and then subsequently when doing the same thing later that day it did a full lock. The very puzzling piece is that nothing has changed for me in the past few months, but this only started happening when I first reported it. I just did a database rebuild in the hopes that somehow fixes it. Is this a sign that something is dieing in my vita? I know you can buy replacement motherboards. I'm running Enso 3.65 w/ YAMT w/ an sd2vita 128gb card. I've read some people were getting crashes with multiple /tai/config.txt being loaded, but I only have the one on ur0:.

The other strange thing is that I have been successfully using Moonlight for many hours at a time and have yet to have any kind of lock up or crash, so I'm really quite confused as to what's going on.
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Al Capwn wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:39 pm I just wanted to post an update, I think somehow the GPU Driver crash and the full lockup I got is somehow my vita. I was just using retroarch and when trying to call up the menu I got a GPU Driver crash, and then subsequently when doing the same thing later that day it did a full lock. The very puzzling piece is that nothing has changed for me in the past few months, but this only started happening when I first reported it. I just did a database rebuild in the hopes that somehow fixes it. Is this a sign that something is dieing in my vita? I know you can buy replacement motherboards. I'm running Enso 3.65 w/ YAMT w/ an sd2vita 128gb card. I've read some people were getting crashes with multiple /tai/config.txt being loaded, but I only have the one on ur0:.

The other strange thing is that I have been successfully using Moonlight for many hours at a time and have yet to have any kind of lock up or crash, so I'm really quite confused as to what's going on.
Looks like a RetroArch issue. I would report it in thei GitHub issue tracker with detailed steps to reproduce it.
tazka_pacientoza

Post by tazka_pacientoza »

I got the same exact issues when playing vitaQuake:
1. Full system freeze - frozen vitaQuake stays on the screen; no buttons/analog sticks react to anything except On/Off button, so I got to reboot the console manually
2. GPU driver crash - black screen

It seems this is happening randomly, cca once per 20-30 minutes of playing. All PKGj backups work just fine (zero crashes/freezes). I'm on 3.60 Enso.
Al Capwn

Post by Al Capwn »

While I was hopeful my crashing/hardlock issue was solved, after going through the entire first episode without issue in one sitting. Upon starting the second episode I got a hardlock on the 2nd level. I have yet to figure out a reliable way to trigger it, but it still seems to be an issue.
riblad_om

Post by riblad_om »

I've also been getting random crashes - black screen and "The Vita will shut down now" dialogue.

Return to “HENkaku”