Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Modding a Playstation TV question

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
Jinnoy

Modding a Playstation TV question

Post by Jinnoy » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:31 pm

Hello everyone,,
I picked up a PS TV from amazon's sale a little while back and I'm trying to decide if I should mod it. I think it is on 3.35. Is it still possible to get a exploitable game for that firmware?

I also have a vita on 3.18 that I was able to mod. I think I used TN-V on the vita. I haven't really done anything with the mod, but I wanted it for playing psp games. I have a large backlog of RPGs.

My thinking was to maybe keep one of the devices modded and the other updated for recent games and free stuff from ps plus. I'm just trying to decide which one would be best to be modded. I don't think I want to deal with the most recent update, since the most recent exploit sounds a bit annoying with needing the second device to run.
Advertising

dmaskell92

Re: Modding a Playstation TV question

Post by dmaskell92 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:37 pm

Jinnoy wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:31 pm
Hello everyone,,
I picked up a PS TV from amazon's sale a little while back and I'm trying to decide if I should mod it. I think it is on 3.35. Is it still possible to get a exploitable game for that firmware?
Nobody uses ECFW game exploits anymore, there has been a native hack called Henkaku and that has been the standard for several years. All you need is version 3.60 and the web browser.
Jinnoy wrote:
I also have a vita on 3.18 that I was able to mod. I think I used TN-V on the vita. I haven't really done anything with the mod, but I wanted it for playing psp games. I have a large backlog of RPGs.
Like I said above, install Henkaku from version 3.60 and replace TN-V with Adrenaline.
Jinnoy wrote:
My thinking was to maybe keep one of the devices modded and the other updated for recent games and free stuff from ps plus. I'm just trying to decide which one would be best to be modded. I don't think I want to deal with the most recent update, since the most recent exploit sounds a bit annoying with needing the second device to run.
I really have no idea what you mean, there was only one ECFW exploit that required a second device over adhoc. It's not the latest method, and it's not working at all on the latest firmware.

Anything the latest firmware can do, 3.60 can do better. There's not really any need for a second device when 3.60 can connect to the PSN etc.
Advertising
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD

Return to “General”