Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

FFX HD Save Editing Enhanced.

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
niatrinh

FFX HD Save Editing Enhanced.

Post by niatrinh »

Credits:
.Sickness01 for the original tutorial at viewtopic.php?p=408154
.Zirothos at 360haven for the original PS3 tutorial
.FFX HD Checksum Utility by MarkH221 at https://github.com/MarkH221/FFX-HD-Checksum-Utility
.Fuzzymillipede for the wonderful FFXED

Assumptions:
.You are running PSVita on 3.60 with Henkaku
.You know how to dump out your decrypted save BIN file either via Rincheat or Vita Save Manager

Requirements:
. FFXED (https://mega.nz/#!0F8zHYwY!08OAM7srUFPG ... vwklQcwPso)
. FFX Hexed (https://mega.nz/#!R9NQTTIT!LtmHXLJsSAHC ... dja3bV5ttw)

Important! FFX Hexed is a tool written by myself with an MD5 of: 54F8606742EDA4F073901FDF2E4B41D1
If you have downloaded this tool from another URL and its asking you to do a survey, donate money or reporting a virus, then delete.

Tutorial:
Having gone through Sickness01's tutorial (from the link above), I thought there must be an easier way to edit the savegame without messing about with all that HEX stuff, especially if you intend to edit quite a bit which means the whole process can take a fair bit of time. So I decided to write this tool which will bypass all the HEX copy and pasting business as well as building the Checksum in to the tool also.

So, on with the tutorial then:

.Download FFXED from the Mega link above.
.Download FFX Hexed from the Mega link above. I recommend running MD5 to be safe.
.Extract FFX Hexed somewhere, such as the desktop.
.Copy Decrypted BIN file from Vita to PC (usually via ftp)
.Open FFX Hexed. The tool should look like the image below:

.To begin, drag your BIN file in to the box on the tool.
.Click ->> Import to PSU button. This will create a file called 'container.psu' in the same directory where you extracted FFX Hexed (desktop maybe?).
.Load container.psu in to FFXED and hack away like crazy. When you have finished editing...
.Click <<- Export to BIN button.
.Click Checksum & Exit button to run the Checksum, remove the temporary container.psu file and close the tool.
.That's it, you can now copy the BIN file back to PSVita and enjoy!

Final Thoughts:
If you have followed the above steps, then the process should be very simple and you should not have any issues. However, if you do come across any problems, please let me know below, along with comments and suggestions.

And finally, always back up your savegame!

Enjoy!

UPDATE: You can also drag your Bruteforce Decrypted PS3 SAVE file to the Tool and follow the steps above to edit your save. Don't forget to Encrypt and rebuild with Bruteforce once you have finished.
Advertising
Honor

Re: FFX HD Save Editing Enhanced.

Post by Honor »

Thank you so much for this. I was having issues with the other guide some reason. This one worked first try and so much less complicated.
Advertising
moxid90

Post by moxid90 »

Hello, First of all Thanks you and Sickness01 (and the others) for their work. It's amazing what you have accomplished.

I'm having an issue with FFXED when i open the container.psu, it comes with the following "ERROR: Unidentified value in type: DA A2" "Adress: 0x3F0D" when I select the item section.
However, in my save I haven't reached the point where i meet Rikku and includ her in the team. I thought maybe that was the issue there.

hope you can help me with these. =)

Keep up the good work
manuelr

Post by manuelr »

what it will do to the save?? full stats or something??
ANU815

Post by ANU815 »

Can I use this tool to transfer/convert my Vita save to a PS3 save?
moxid90

Post by moxid90 »

Finally I have overcome the issue i was having with the save. I didn't use the vitasavemanager before, but with using this tool to dump the save, my save was clean with no probleme when using the other tool to change the stats, unlike before.

@manuelr Yes, full stats, any item you want, have a look to the tool and what can you do with it.
@ANU815 it should be working with synchro as well.
blackroseyagami

Post by blackroseyagami »

Anyone else had this issue:

I tried running it as an administrator but the program doesn't allow me to drag and drop into the program.
omn1slash

Post by omn1slash »

blackroseyagami wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:08 pm Anyone else had this issue:

I tried running it as an administrator but the program doesn't allow me to drag and drop into the program.
yes getting a simular problem as I just cannot drag and drop into the program. I'm running WIndows 10 if that matters.
Regina7447

Post by Regina7447 »

Wow, huge article but very useful. Thanks.
Last edited by NNNRT on Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote
niatrinh

Post by niatrinh »

Hi folks,

Original author here!
I haven't logged on for quite a while so not seen any posts regarding the editor.
To be honest, i have completely forgotten about this so are people still using it?
If so i can look at the whole thing again and perhaps do a recompile for Windows 10 which may help one or two people?

All the best.

Return to “Tutorials”