Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] ZeldaNSQ - Zelda Navi's Quest port for PSVITA

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
bcoleman

Re: [RELEASE] ZeldaNSQ - Zelda Navi's Quest port for PSVITA

Post by bcoleman »

👏 nice work
Advertising
bcoleman

Post by bcoleman »

Hey usineur, I just finished Zelda 3T. It plays perfectly from beginning to end. The only issue to report is that whenever you're inside of a dungeon, if you throw a pot the game will have a massive slowdown until after the pot goes away. The same thing happens when you're inside a dungeon and you use the fire rod/ice rod.

I just started playing Navi's Quest but I had to stop because the control is limited to left right up down still. Will you be releasing the update soon? I can bug test and report back any problems if you do.

Two issues I noticed right off the bat. First, the game will crash whenever you press the start button on the home screen (where it says Vincent) or on the file select screen. However the start button works fine inside the game. In your other two ports it doesn't do this, the start button is just ignored.

Secondly, if I walk to the left at the beginning of the game where there are 2-3 enemies, the game would dramatically slow down while walking in puddles of water.
Advertising
usineur

Post by usineur »

bcoleman wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:58 pm Hey usineur, I just finished Zelda 3T. It plays perfectly from beginning to end. The only issue to report is that whenever you're inside of a dungeon, if you throw a pot the game will have a massive slowdown until after the pot goes away. The same thing happens when you're inside a dungeon and you use the fire rod/ice rod.

I just started playing Navi's Quest but I had to stop because the control is limited to left right up down still. Will you be releasing the update soon? I can bug test and report back any problems if you do.
I'm waiting for a contribution before release a new version. But you can use this eboot.bin temporarily.
bcoleman wrote:Two issues I noticed right off the bat. First, the game will crash whenever you press the start button on the home screen (where it says Vincent) or on the file select screen. However the start button works fine inside the game. In your other two ports it doesn't do this, the start button is just ignored.
Ok, I will take a look asap.
bcoleman wrote:Secondly, if I walk to the left at the beginning of the game where there are 2-3 enemies, the game would dramatically slow down while walking in puddles of water.
I already noticed that. Seems to come from the original engine btw. I have no plan (and no time) to fix that for this moment. Maybe some day.
bcoleman

Post by bcoleman »

Awesome the eboot makes it playable, I'll let you know what I find. So far I would recommend you transfer control to the D-Pad when you enter menus (like inventory and when you press start to save). In menus we want precise control and using the analog stick means you sometimes accidentally choose the wrong option. It's also convenient for the inventory because our finger is already there. But that's what you did in the other two ports so I'm sure it'll be done eventually.
usineur

Post by usineur »

bcoleman wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:17 am Awesome the eboot makes it playable, I'll let you know what I find. So far I would recommend you transfer control to the D-Pad when you enter menus (like inventory and when you press start to save). In menus we want precise control and using the analog stick means you sometimes accidentally choose the wrong option. It's also convenient for the inventory because our finger is already there. But that's what you did in the other two ports so I'm sure it'll be done eventually.
It's a total different engine from ROTH and 3T. It must be redesigned for NSQ. It's not that easy I guess.
bcoleman wrote:Two issues I noticed right off the bat. First, the game will crash whenever you press the start button on the home screen (where it says Vincent) or on the file select screen. However the start button works fine inside the game. In your other two ports it doesn't do this, the start button is just ignored.
Fixed. "Start" button pressed that ways now do what it should: quit the game.
You can try this eboot.bin
bcoleman

Post by bcoleman »

Hmm, the eboot works but I don't think the start button should do anything. To quit the game we hit our PS Vita Home Button so we already have a button that does that. Start should start the game just like X does or at least do nothing like it does in the other two ports. That's just my opinion though.

Anyways, I finished the game at 100%. It didn't crash once. While the game gets very slow the more enemies there are on screen, I still played through start to finish fine and I think you said the port can't fix that.

My only recommendation, is it possible to list the PS Button symbols where Navi's powers are? Right now it says "W, X, C" like on a keyboard and it would be easier if it was listed as the VIta's layout (Square, Triangle, Circle). If not, the help screen works fine. Speaking of that, there are two errors on the help screen. The "display barter items" says "Right D-Pad". It should say "Left D-Pad". And "navi's defense boost" text says "Left Trigger Circle" while "navi's ultimate burst" text says "Left Trigger Cross". These are backwards, the buttons do the opposite so the text should be swapped.

Nice work on everything, it's a clean port 👌
usineur

Post by usineur »

bcoleman wrote:My only recommendation, is it possible to list the PS Button symbols where Navi's powers are? Right now it says "W, X, C" like on a keyboard and it would be easier if it was listed as the VIta's layout (Square, Triangle, Circle). If not, the help screen works fine. Speaking of that, there are two errors on the help screen. The "display barter items" says "Right D-Pad". It should say "Left D-Pad". And "navi's defense boost" text says "Left Trigger Circle" while "navi's ultimate burst" text says "Left Trigger Cross". These are backwards, the buttons do the opposite so the text should be swapped.
That's the contribution i'm waiting for :)
bcoleman wrote:Nice work on everything, it's a clean port 👌
Thx, cool to read that you have no crash at all too.

Return to “HENkaku”