Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake port for PSVITA

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
01y

Re: [RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake port for PSVITA

Post by 01y » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:05 pm

Thanks for this port, it's probably my favorite homebrew at the moment to use.

I'd like to request the ability to change the size of interface text. It's a feature that's already implemented in other Quake ports, such as Quakespasm. I can't quite figure out how to merge in the proper bits, or implement it myself, or else, I'd have done it and made a PR, but can't imagine that it would be too complex. As it is, the text size is just below the threshold of being comfortable to read.

Would also like to request "analog" movement controls for the left stick if this is possible.

Settings do not appear to get saved on the latest version as well. For instance, turn off bilinear filtering -> quit -> start the app again, and the filtering is back.
Advertising

Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:16 pm

01y wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:05 pm
Thanks for this port, it's probably my favorite homebrew at the moment to use.

I'd like to request the ability to change the size of interface text. It's a feature that's already implemented in other Quake ports, such as Quakespasm. I can't quite figure out how to merge in the proper bits, or implement it myself, or else, I'd have done it and made a PR, but can't imagine that it would be too complex. As it is, the text size is just below the threshold of being comfortable to read.

Would also like to request "analog" movement controls for the left stick if this is possible.

Settings do not appear to get saved on the latest version as well. For instance, turn off bilinear filtering -> quit -> start the app again, and the filtering is back.
Left analog is already used for movement.
As for settings, you have to close the game from main menu options and not by pressing the PS button.
Advertising
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D

01y

Post by 01y » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:18 am

Rinnegatamante wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:16 pm
As for settings, you have to close the game from main menu options and not by pressing the PS button.
By "quit", I meant selecting "quit" from the menu. Happens then too. Doesn't save the bilinear filtering option at least.

Spaofun

Post by Spaofun » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:18 am

Hi there!

I've just recently purchased a Vita and stumbled across this incredible port of Quake!

I've been messing around in the config file and trying out an autoexec.cfg to try and remove vertical aiming, but I can't seem to get it to disable.

Is there a way to make the right joystick just turn left and right rather than having full freelook enabled?

Thanks in advance!

Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:38 pm

No, it's not possible to disable freelook for how right analog has been implemented.
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D

Return to “HENkaku”