Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

preparing Vitas on 3.60 for sale

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
robbucket

preparing Vitas on 3.60 for sale

Post by robbucket » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:23 pm

Hi

I've got 2 Vitas, the 1st & 2nd generation ones. Both are running 3.60, have been activated & used to sign in to my Playstation account. I've used the original Henkaku on both, installed a bunch of emulators, some PSX games, ISOs etc. on memory cards.

I no longer have any time to keep on top of the scene news, figure out how to install/use H-encore, or fiddle around with them in the evenings & they're just gathering dust in a cupboard.

I'm planning on sticking them both on eBay - what's the easiest & safest way of preparing them for sale? Obviously I don't want any trace of my Playstation account leaving on them, so I assume a full factory reset should do the trick. Am I right in thinking that these can now be activated by whoever buys them, without needing to upgrade to the latest firmware, i.e. they'd be sellable running 3.60 but in a factory reset state?

Apologies if I haven't got the terminology quite right - like I said, after the original Henkaku was released I really haven't had any time to keep on top of the news...

cheers, Rob
Advertising

Return to “Support”