Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] vitaWolfen - Wolfenstein 3D port for PSVITA

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
GyaragaX

Re: [RELEASE] vitaWolfen - Wolfenstein 3D port for PSVITA

Post by GyaragaX »

Here you go, a higher quality bg0.png sourced from the artist Julie Bell's painting "War Hero".

Advertising
maken

Post by maken »

GyaragaX wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 2:41 am Here you go, a higher quality bg0.png sourced from the artist Julie Bell's painting "War Hero".

Awesome! Thank you! Such a classic piece of art! :D
Advertising
solidsnake

Post by solidsnake »

I can confirm that when your health reaches zero in the full version of wolfenstein and spear of destiny, the game crashes back to the live area every time. I am using the Steam data files.
kingcrimson1920

Post by kingcrimson1920 »

i still have problems with texture. when i'm load game i can't see enemies. ?!
CountDuckula

Post by CountDuckula »

V1.5 runs great, the only issue I'm having is the game crashing when they player dies in full version of wolf3d, same as others have mentioned.
Has anyone found a workaround? Different version of the datafiles or something? I'm using files from the GOG version currently.
nowhereman87

Post by nowhereman87 »

This port is simply perfect and looks very beautiful in the vita, however as others mention, when player dies there is a crash and you can not continue playing as it directly goes to the live area, could you please solve that error??
Incidentally, is it possible to implement a simpler installation of the mods and custom levels as does the chocolate doom port?
Thanks in advance Rinnegatamante for all the work done!
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

I've tried a couple of times to suicide and i still got no crashes. Can't say if i uploaded an old vpk for error (?).

Btw, can you guys try to check if with this vpk you get the same crashes when dying?
If you can record a small clip when this happens would be great. Also if you can upload the coredumps (the files created in ux0:data when a crash happens) that would help a lot debugging the issue.
Coredumps MUST be took with this specific vpk.
When a crash happens also don't forget to mention what specific core you started of vitaWolfen (since i don't have the full version of the game, my tests had been done on the Shareware core)

https://rinnegatamante.it/vitaWolfenDebug.zip
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
CountDuckula

Post by CountDuckula »

Rinnegatamante wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:24 am I've tried a couple of times to suicide and i still got no crashes. Can't say if i uploaded an old vpk for error (?).

Btw, can you guys try to check if with this vpk you get the same crashes when dying?
If you can record a small clip when this happens would be great. Also if you can upload the coredumps (the files created in ux0:data when a crash happens) that would help a lot debugging the issue.
Coredumps MUST be took with this specific vpk.
When a crash happens also don't forget to mention what specific core you started of vitaWolfen (since i don't have the full version of the game, my tests had been done on the Shareware core)

https://rinnegatamante.it/vitaWolfenDebug.zip
Thanks for investigating :)
I still get the crash when dying with the debug version.

I opened an issue on your github so I could attach the crashdump: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/vitaWolfen/issues/7
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

v.1.6 finally available for download!

Changelog:
- Fixed a bug causing a crash when player died in Spear of Destiny or Full Game core.
- Fixed Spear of Destiny missionpacks support. Now works as intended (files in .sd2 and .sd3 formats)
- Updated to latest vitaGL commit: this will slightly improve performances.
- Changed Livearea assets with some better ones (Thanks to maken and GyaragaX)

Credits:
- ocornut for dear ImGui
- CountDuckula for testing the homebrew on demand
- maken and GyaragaX for the new Livearea assets
- All my Patreon supporters:
* Billy McLaughlin II
* XandridFire
* Andyways
* Ramerson Wesley Araújo
* gnuffy
* rsn8887
* PSX-Place.com
* John Wanot
* Count Duckula
* polytoad
* Defkyle
* Samuel Batista
* T33Hud
* Elwood Blues
* Justin
* Troy Murray
* Jared Breland
* Daniel Crane
* Lars Zondervan
* Yakara Network
* Pirloui
* 2Mourty
* gnmmarechal
* Gelson Silva

Download: http://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/info/31
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
nowhereman87

Post by nowhereman87 »

Rinnegatamante wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:43 pm v.1.6 finally available for download!

Changelog:
- Fixed a bug causing a crash when player died in Spear of Destiny or Full Game core.
- Fixed Spear of Destiny missionpacks support. Now works as intended (files in .sd2 and .sd3 formats)
- Updated to latest vitaGL commit: this will slightly improve performances.
- Changed Livearea assets with some better ones (Thanks to maken and GyaragaX)...
Thanks for responding so fast Rinnegatamante, for the fix and the new improvements, now it's a perfect port! ... is there any chance that you create ports of other DOS / windows classics ... or maybe a native DOSbox port? If I had a credit card (and money!) I would really support you in your patreon, I hope many do, your work has been incredibly generous.

Thank you in advance! Saludos desde Argentina!

Return to “HENkaku”