Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

MultiMAN mounting drive but no able to access it.

Everything that is PS3-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
pspunabletohack

MultiMAN mounting drive but no able to access it.

Post by pspunabletohack »

How do I get a NTFS drive working? I tried several things like launching Prepare NTFS drives with webMAN or IRISMAN but none of them seem to detect my external drive.

MultiMAN seems to mount the drive if I put a USB.CFG file in /dev_hdd0/game/BLES80608/USRDIR but when I try to access it using mmOS the loading wheel keeps spinning.

What am I doing wrong here? I tried with a pendrive formatted to NTFS and also got the same result.
Advertising
Butcher

Re: MultiMAN mounting drive but no able to access it.

Post by Butcher »

I tested tons of Pendrives in NTFS and tons of USB HDD and no one was loading ,was detecting to open but then only infinity load and thats all.

I think that CONFIG method NTFS not work any more.

Many mark or no name USB HDD/Pendrives tested - good mark/no name in 2.X-3.X USB Type and always that same INFINITY LOADING when open
Advertising
simonizer

Post by simonizer »

I've always had problems with getting external HDDs to work properly. USB sticks would work. But with USB HDDs it always was a hit 'n' miss. Seems that not all USB HDDs are compatible with the PS3.

Best way would be to just get an internal HDD at your desired size. They're not really expensive anyway.
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

Its not about HDD to use from it its about coping files from it in NTFS format - that difrent . If like normal to copy instal use from FAT32 etc load games from it or instal to it etc. That on PS3 work perfect and ALL WORKS i tested man - tons of USB HDD /Pendrivers - good name or no name . Always PS3 detect and work . I also tested IDE to USB 2,5 IDE/SATA conectors to 2,5" HDD to make USB HDD and that chines or good work also

The point of problem is build in MultiMAN option to mount NTFS USB formated devices to detect like FAT32 - and that not work (I think not work anymore becouse how much 50 of devices HDD/Pendrives tested and always that same detect like is pluged but never load what its on )
pspunabletohack

Post by pspunabletohack »

Butcher wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:47 pm I tested tons of Pendrives in NTFS and tons of USB HDD and no one was loading ,was detecting to open but then only infinity load and thats all.

I think that CONFIG method NTFS not work any more.

Many mark or no name USB HDD/Pendrives tested - good mark/no name in 2.X-3.X USB Type and always that same INFINITY LOADING when open
Maybe we should contact the developer of MultiMAN he may be able to fix it I think.
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

Maybe i ignored taht method after days of testing usb pens/usb hdd on PS3 ,and im using for that games who can by coped to FAT32 format i use old method FTP via WIFI (Laptop/PC-PS3) to transfer that games and its slower copy method and need use PC to to that but its for my bether solution to copy taht games then ,figuring out NTFS USB support (That if not work on tons of USB devices that for 100% for today not work)

Return to “General”