Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

3.60 PSM+

The PlayStation Mobile SDK and Unity for PlayStation Mobile can be downloaded here: http://www.playstation.com/psm/
Mysteri0n

3.60 PSM+

Post by Mysteri0n »

So since there's Henkaku and everything now.. are there any plans for 3.60 PSM+? I still have PSM Dev & PSM Dev Unity installed on my Vita, even though when I try and boot them I get the "this is expired and can't be run" message.
Advertising
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: 3.60 PSM+

Post by fate6 »

There is no point to them now so probably not.
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Z80

Post by Z80 »

will be cool if PSM Dev & PSM Dev Unity can be run(cracked) as .vpk and run unsigned code(for developin with C# and unitt 3d ) :) maybe in future ...
Mysteri0n

Post by Mysteri0n »

fate6 wrote:There is no point to them now so probably not.
Is there really no point? I mean just because we now have access to the GPU & CPU using unsigned code doesn't really mean we have access to a full-on working 2D/3D engine, with C# support, does it?

I doubt a remake of Unity is going to happen just for the Vita - it'd make sense to just update Unity.
DS_Marine
Developer

Post by DS_Marine »

PSM apps won't ever run as vpk.
These app were sandboxed, think of it as like the psp emu could run psp games, psm 'engine' could run psm apps and unity apps. But there were a lot of cumbersome activation/licensing stuff, I don't think anyone will bother with it soon.
Still, it would be nice to have it working...
ImagePSP-Controlled drone
"Hackers don't have superpowers. Just a hackable PSP and a brain (ships by default on most humans models)" -Wololo
Z80

Post by Z80 »

i have talk about psm+&unity app as .vpk no psm apps :) if ihave valid(runable) dump i can probably look at this drm stuff but it doesnt run and cant be(probably) dumped on 3.60 FW by vitamin :(
DS_Marine
Developer

Post by DS_Marine »

I have taken a quick look at this. Copied the lemmings app from vita to my pc. The app is composed of app.exe, some DLLs, and resources.
Except some configuration and xml files, all the rest is encrypted.
I took a look of the PSM sample game 'ActionGameDemo'. It has the same structure. But for pc, since you can run it in an emulator, the debug/bin folder has signed and unsigned app.
I can run the unsigned app no problem on the pc, the engine is psm.exe. I.E:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\SCE\PSM\target\win32\psm.exe" "C:\\Users\\Public\\Documents\\PSM\\sample\\GameEngine2D\\ActionGameDemo\\bin\\Debug\\ActionGameDemo-unsigned\\Application\\app.exe" --window-width 960 --window-height 544
Will run the app! These psdp/pspp packages are just zip files you can uncompress.
So, if you can decrypt the lemmings app files I guess I will run fine in the pc with that emulator.
Also, I'm sure in the vita there is some mechanism to fire the emu just in the same way. And since we can access the vita files, we should be able to patch the engine to read unsigned app.exe and resources. This would solve all I think.
I'd love to read some comment from Yifan, he is the PSM genius .D
I think I'll open a new thread about this later, so it doesn't stay buried here.
[spoiler]

Code: Select all

app.info : memory : resource_heap_size=67108864, managed_heap_size=33554432
app.info : require feature : GamePad
app.info : require feature : Touch
app.info : require feature : Motion
C# Assembly Loading [ C:\\Users\\Public\\Documents\\PSM\\sample\\GameEngine2D\\A
ctionGameDemo\\bin\\Debug\\ActionGameDemo-unsigned\\Application\\app.exe ]
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC
OpenGL
OpenGL ES 2.0 Piglet(0.1.1)
OpenGL ES GLSL ES 2.0
[/spoiler]
ImagePSP-Controlled drone
"Hackers don't have superpowers. Just a hackable PSP and a brain (ships by default on most humans models)" -Wololo
samsara

Post by samsara »

There are some games with a Mono library intact within the files which seems to include a Mono-implementation for the Vita.

Some of the interesting files in one of the games are:
mono-vita.suprx
pthread.suprx
SUPRXManager.suprx

Other libraries includes
UnityEngine.dll
UnityEngine.UI.dll
UnityScriptLang.dll
UnityEngine.Networking.dll
Live2DUnity.dll
Mono.Posix.dll
Mono.Security.dll

And most interesting:
Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll
Assembly-CSharp.dll
Assembly-Unityscript-firstpass.dll
Assembly-Unityscript.dll
Boo.Lang.dll
mscorlib.dll

Including some Sony DLLs for saving, dialogues and NP. Yes you read that right, DLL so it seems there should be a way to RE these or even use them ourselves in some way.
Formedras

Post by Formedras »

Sorry to necro a 2yo thread, but has anyone made any progress on this, or other ways to get our own PSM apps working? I'd love to make... well, something, I don't know what yet... for the Vita, but for whatever reason C/C++ pointers elude my understanding. (Plus, I already know for the most part how to make 2D games in MonoGame, and I'm sure I could download an old version that works with PSM.)
Omar117

Post by Omar117 »

Hola yo también estoy interesado en como desarrollar juegos para el psvita no se si alguien sepa algo sobre el tema?
Sobre mis avances de mi búsqueda cuento con phyre engine pero no hay mucha informacion y tengo psm studio pero no puedo probarlos en el psvita

Return to “PSM & PSM Unity”