Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Solved] Help Henkaku retroarch install 3.65 3.67/8

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
Duhjoker

[Solved] Help Henkaku retroarch install 3.65 3.67/8

Post by Duhjoker »

Hi guys

I’m working on my PS Vita trying to get all the emulators installed with the new H-hencore for kenksku on vitas running 3.65 and 3.67/8.

I figured out hiw to add adrenaline and the snes vpk. But im having trouble with retroarch. The instructions say to inzip the gile and add the vpk files to the data folder in vita shell like the others.

I downloaded one from the henkaku page and anotjer from a wololo link. When i unzip the files there is no vpk file.

How can install retroarch?

Also.... will retroarch play capcom play system games?

Edit::

Tried to install the contents of the zipped filr. That doesnt work.
Advertising
Last edited by Duhjoker on Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duhjoker

Re: Help Henkaku retroarch install 3.65 3.67/8

Post by Duhjoker »

Are there Seperate VPK’s?

Inknow there are vpk’s for adrenaline and SNES and GBA. But ate there seperate VPK’s for NES, N64?

Also is there a way to add a thimbnail to the SNES vpk? The white blank bubble is kind of annoying.
Advertising
alexg1989

Post by alexg1989 »

forget those. get retroarch from https://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/ It's the VPK version. If the version you have has no VPK then it's an older version. Vitadb It's the most up to date collection of Vita homebrew...

place roms in the ux0 directory. I have a folder titled snes roms in the ux0 directory and my snes roms in it. You can do the smae for any other game system roms. You will have to browse to it using Retroarch.

also, for when you're in retroarch:

Load Core = load game system
Load Content = Load game
Load Archive = start game

While playing a game with retroarch on Vita, press L + R + Select + Start to access the settings. Also, I'm not sure if this is still the case, but I've read that with Retroarch, if you exit out of the app using the PS button like you would with any other app, you might wipe you Retroarch settings and saves. Not sure if that's still the case. But I'd consider exiting the Retroarch app with the LR Select Start method.
Duhjoker

Post by Duhjoker »

Awesome! Thank you!!! Really thank you!!!

Though it woukd be nice to have seperate emu bubbles like VHBL. Gor some reason i thought VHBZl would still work but being able to play PSP and PSX games is totally worth it.

One more question. I can see now that capcom play one and two are in the Unzipped file. Is there a capcom play 3 emu that im not seeing? Woukd be cool to play marvel vs capcom 3.
alexg1989

Post by alexg1989 »

there is no option in Vita retroarch for CPS3. I've read that there is a Portable Final Burn Alpha emulator that runs on Vita, which can run CPS3 games. Do research into that.
Duhjoker

Post by Duhjoker »

Thank you!! Will do!!
Duhjoker

Post by Duhjoker »

Ok where do i put bios and cache files for cps2?
Duhjoker

Post by Duhjoker »

The version you linked me to will not do the settings by L + R + select + start. Also no themes. When I load it I get just a blue screen and a cheap menu. The version on the retroarch page shows it with all these neat themes but when I change the zip name to VPK and try to install it in vita shell I get a weird error.
Duhjoker

Post by Duhjoker »

Ok sooooooo....

I downloaded the version of retroarch from the libretro download links page. The one that was dated 7/30/18. All the othets gave me C1 errors upon starting retroarch.

Upon a days research i figured put tgat you have to download the data.7z folder and inzip it then place the files in the appropriate locations in the vitashell retroarch folder.

Upon doing so and starting retroarch i was able to get the XMB menu to start up when entering retroarch.
alexg1989

Post by alexg1989 »

I haven't used cps2 myself yet, so I'm not sure about installation.

I never had to change a zip file. The vpk was already included. And I never had an issue installing retroarch from the link I gave you.

I simply drag and dropped the retroarch.vpk from my computer to the ux0 directory, and then ran it from Vitashell. That's it. From there, it was simply a matter of copying roms over to my Vita at an arbitrary directory.

Return to “Support”