Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Need some help updating 6.60 to 6.61

Everything that is PSP-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
NFNN

Need some help updating 6.60 to 6.61

Post by NFNN »

Hi all

I need some assistance with my psp, before I brick it completely. I think this has been mentioned before, but the procedure I saw is either outdated or I don't have all the requirements.

So, I’ve got a 2000 model, that was at 5.XX (can’t remember the exact version) prometheus.
Apparently it was hacked with some method with the battery cuz it’s slightly open (pandora box maybe?).
A few years back I decided to install 6.60, and get PRO-C CFW (I don’t remember the details of the procedure).
It all worked fine and I was able to run games without any problem on the first 2 or 3 times I’ve powered the psp.
After that, every time I tried to run anything, it would just hang on the splash screen. Running the pro-c update or any other pro-c on xmb would shut off the psp after splash screen.
If I turn off the console, it stays on a dim black screen, blinking the green light for a long time, forcing me to remove the battery most of the times.
After that, I just gave up and stopped using the psp for a long time, until now.
The battery cannot hold a charge for even 5 min.
I have removed the pro-c from xmb, in hoping it would uninstall for itself, maybe it was a bad idea.

Since now there is the infinity CFW, I was planning to update it to 6.61 OFW, and install the permanent CFW, since I’ve done it on a 3000 model, that had already 6.61 OFW.
I don’t know, if I should update to 6.61 OFW directly, or do any downgrade first, and if the update would fix the issues I have mentioned above.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Advertising
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: Need some help updating 6.60 to 6.61

Post by fate6 »

You have a cIPL compatible 2k, you don't need infinity to have a perma CFW. :/
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
NFNN

Post by NFNN »

Oh ok, but the think is, I've removed cIPL from xmb aswell, but I think I've installed that, years back when I installed 6.60.
I never tried recovery, with afraid to brick it.
I'm just looking for some steps to either update to 6.61, or fix this 6.60 and install the CFW to run properly.

Thanks for the reply.
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

Infinity CFW is for noperm PSP like 300x-E100x - on 100x-200x (Most mobo) are perm pacth - You haved 5.XX Prom and was PSP Perm patched.

So simple u are on 6.60 witch CFW - copy OFW Update 6.61 teh install it and then on it Pro-C2 CFW witch cIPL perm pacth option .

Or creat softmode or hardmoed Pandora and Magic Memory Stick and reflash to 5.00M-33 Software (If check yours PSP 200x mobo support Pandora mode) and then isntall on top 6.61OFW and then CFW Pro-C2+permpatch

Simple - but for you is easy to update what u have 1st metod i writed - simple updtae 6.61OFW+Pro-C2 witch cIPL and done.

Up from long PSP hack is easy ant always most newest CFW is that same method
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Grab the 6.61 update from the PlayStation site and run it, should update the PSP to 6.61 OFW and remove cIPL if its there.
Then install either ME CFW or PRO+cIPL patch.

Its as simple as place in PSP/Game/ and running the installer these days.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

OFW remove cIPL - tested that .

But grab 6.61OFW and updatete then PRO-C+cIPL and done PSP is on CFW perm patched
NFNN

Post by NFNN »

Thanks for all the replies, I will update the psp later, and report the results here. Im gonna use the battery from the 3k model, since it can still hold the charge quite well, less chance from shutting down while updating, and then switch back to the 2k battery. I hope there wont be any issue with that.

EDIT: Well, I tried to install 6.61 OFW, but without luck, it hangs in splash screen for a few seconds and then turns off. I dont know what to do. :(
EDIT 2: I even formatted the memory stick to start clean. Im afraid to use "restore default settings". Do I need to change anything in the pro recovery menu?
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

First battery and power supplay for 1005 check when update - battery for sure 100% and DC power and then update - risk of brick is small. For 100% sure format MMS in PSP and reset settings to defoult then after reset again format MMS Card and copy ther 6.61 OFW from PS site and - begin install and thats done . Naxt PRO-C copy files and install CFW and cIPL and done.

I always on any PSP when instal OFW or CFW do - 1.Format ins PSP the Card 2.Reset Settings to Defoult of PSP .3.After reset PSP again Format Card . 4.Do Install CFW/OFW etc

You propoble have much on Card or plugins run etc - wrong in PSP setting. So better do clean reset etc what i writed and again do update .

Its usper simple install OFW and CFW - and super low risk of brick - 1% chance (But u have full hacable and hardmode PSP model (mobo) so u always can i 5m unbrick by moding battery and MMS making on PS to unbrick PSP (Or soft mode and MMS make on PSP anotcher witch PSP Tools (Maks soft moded pandora battery and MMS from PSP to unbrick)
NFNN

Post by NFNN »

I've tried that, battery at 100% with DC power, formatted memory card, then reset to default settings (it kinda freezes the xmb background animation), psp then shuts off. Powered it on, formatted memory card again, placed the update in "PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.PBP", and still nothing, keeps turning off after "game boot/splash screen". :?
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Try disabling all plugins?

Return to “General”