Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

HENKaku OfflineInstaller not actually offline?

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
protivakid

HENKaku OfflineInstaller not actually offline?

Post by protivakid »

I grabbed the offline installer from here https://github.com/henkaku/offline-inst ... es/tag/1.0 and it will work but with one caveat, my VitaTV needs to have an internet connection. If I launch Email without it I am just show an error when the installer tries to apply the exploit. If I plug it in the LAN cable though everything will work as expected. Any ideas?
Advertising
dmaskell92

Re: HENKaku OfflineInstaller not actually offline?

Post by dmaskell92 »

Can you not just install the Enso VPK? Is there a specific reason you are still booting Henkaku manually?
Advertising
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
protivakid

Post by protivakid »

I didn't think permanent methods were 100% recommended. Is this not the case? I'm open to doing that if its solid.
Dutt
HBL Tester

Post by Dutt »

protivakid wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 8:49 pm I didn't think permanent methods were 100% recommended. Is this not the case? I'm open to doing that if its solid.
Have you seen anywhere someone posting it didnt work?
1. PS Vita Wifi 2.01 fw - Pro-V/Ark
1. PS Vita Wifi 3.18 fw - ?
1. PS Vita 3G 3.60 fw - HENkaku
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

Yeah Enso is fantastic, just run Henkaku then install the Enso VPK. I've never had Enso fail. If you're concerned about save data misalignment (Corrupted data when in sleep mode) then always use NoNpDrm or legit games. Avoid Mai/Vitamin backups.

If you do absolutely have to use a Mai/Vitamin backup (you don't). I know a way to prevent save data misalignment. However I have to find the tutorial as I don't remember off the top of my head.

protivakid

Post by protivakid »

dmaskell92 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 2:58 am Yeah Enso is fantastic, just run Henkaku then install the Enso VPK. I've never had Enso fail. If you're concerned about save data misalignment (Corrupted data when in sleep mode) then always use NoNpDrm or legit games. Avoid Mai/Vitamin backups.

If you do absolutely have to use a Mai/Vitamin backup (you don't). I know a way to prevent save data misalignment. However I have to find the tutorial as I don't remember off the top of my head.
Is save data misalignment something exclusive to Enso? Or can you experience it using sleep on the stock firmware?
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

As far as I know it's a Vitamin/Mai issue, as I've only had it happen on a games dumped with Mai tool.

NoNpDrm is as close as you're going to get to retail, so there is no longer a issue with save data alignment. Or at least in my experience (I lock the Vita with Steins;Gate 0 on overnight)

Plus with rePatch redux0 you can install mods on NoNpDrm games. Such as undubs, english translations, and random mods (like my Duke3D XXX mod). Not to mention the insane benefits of being able to update games directly from the PSN.

TL;DR just avoid dumping/playing games with Mai/Vitamin 100%

protivakid

Post by protivakid »

dmaskell92 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:21 pm As far as I know it's a Vitamin/Mai issue, as I've only had it happen on a games dumped with Mai tool.

NoNpDrm is as close as you're going to get to retail, so there is no longer a issue with save data alignment. Or at least in my experience (I lock the Vita with Steins;Gate 0 on overnight)

Plus with rePatch redux0 you can install mods on NoNpDrm games. Such as undubs, english translations, and random mods (like my Duke3D XXX mod). Not to mention the insane benefits of being able to update games directly from the PSN.

TL;DR just avoid dumping/playing games with Mai/Vitamin 100%
Thanks I'll look into this.

Back to my original question, even if it's not really needed, out of curiosity does anyone know why the OfflineInstaller still requires an internet connection?
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

IIRC mine never needed a connection for the offline installer. I used to run it in places that had absolutely no WiFi. Perhaps you skipped a step? I would test it out for you but I'm on 3.65 currently.

===UPDATE====
This might deserve it's own thread but:

1.) Change the Time Format to 12-Hour Clock
2.) Backup and delete "ux0:\user\00\savedata_backup\list.dat" file
3.) Create a folder named "list.dat" Example "ux0:\user\00\savedata_backup\list.dat\"

This has been reported to fix any savedata issues with MAI/Vitamin dumped games. I haven't tested it myself yet however.

Return to “Support”