Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PS Vita worth it in 2018?

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
analysis230

PS Vita worth it in 2018?

Post by analysis230 »

I used to be a very very regular user of this forum back in 2008/9, I guess. I have not been here for ages, but I hope the community is still as helpful as it used to be.

I want to pick up a second-hand ps Vita which I can get for maybe 50 USD, which is quite cheap. I have never owned one before. My concerns:
1. Is it possible to hack (jail-break) it?
2. I am a fan of old titles, so can it run emulators? and what kind of emulators
3. Would the screen look dated, not that I am used to looking at retina display laptops and phones?
4. Are there an Indie games?
5. What's the music playback quality like? I know for a lot of people it wouldn't make sense.

I used to play a lot of emulator games on my PSP and lately I've been getting nostalgic and missing that. Since both, a second hand vita or psp would cost me about the same, I thought maybe vita is a better idea? any thoughts? any suggestions?

P.S. Would it be any better than a bluetooth remote with a good android phone?
Advertising
Taronish3

Re: PS Vita worth it in 2018?

Post by Taronish3 »

Hi am owner of a vita 1001 since 2012 till to date & am buying a new vita 2000 soon as my is complete finesh like joy stick rateles and headphones jack busted so do get a new in 2018 as a new hack is around the corner.like henkaku or tiahen
Advertising
i love my psvita wololo site rocks . PSVITA h-encore enso 3.65 PlayStation® waiting for ps3 emu on PS vita
Trophies
PSNTrophy
helltoast

Post by helltoast »

1. only firmware 3.60 and below can be hacked.
2. surprisingly, emulation on the vita sucks. there's potential, but no one to tackle it. you can run the same emulators the PSP can, through PSP mode.
3. model 1000 (fat) has an OLED screen which is similar to IPS, "retina". just don't leave it out in the sun.
4. lots.

don't know about 5 but an android device would probably be better for emulation. although I find most setups clunky, but that's just me.
rsn8887

Post by rsn8887 »

Emulation on the Vita is great!

- The Vita has all the emulators from the PSP. They are good to run the older systems at full speed (NES etc.)
- The Vita has a few native emulators. They are good to run the newer systems at full speed. This includes Amiga (UAE4All2), Macintosh (Basiliskii), some games on Finalburn Alpha (PFBA), and some other games on Retroarch for which the PSP was too slow.
- The Vita supports Bluetooth headphones!

Just look on vitadb.rinnegatamante.net and see what's out there.
analysis230

Post by analysis230 »

Thank you all of you for taking the time out to reply to me. Sorry for being so late to come back to the thread. All your inputs are very greatly appreciated :-)

Return to “General”