Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] vitaQuakeII - Quake II port for PSVITA

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Dutt
HBL Tester

Re: [RELEASE] vitaQuakeII - Quake II port for PSVITA

Post by Dutt »

Rinnegatamante wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:50 am
Dutt wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:35 am Hi Rinnegatamante,
Great work on the Quake ports, Love these games a lot on the Vita. Just seems to be some bugs in this last release tho i cant work it out sometimes it loads the config sometimes it doesn't iv changed the gamma manually in the config it worked but i wanted to make it just a little more brighter so i edited it again but seems to not load it.
Also seems to not save the config if changed in game.
The videos do not play for me at all. Long black screen when i start the game no sounds or anything menu just pops up. No video when starting new game.
Would love if you can get the keyboard to work when the console is brought up as well, Game just crashes.
Changing the gamma in game menu seems to do nothing.
Quit option works sometimes and crashes most times. Core dump when this happens https://www.dropbox.com/s/4wymoxcto70vv ... p2dmp?dl=0
If in game and Vita goes to sleep game crashes. Core dump when this happens https://www.dropbox.com/s/lny1q96ul92gd ... p2dmp?dl=0

An option to reverse the gyro would be handy as well moves the wrong way for me.

Im using full game files as well
feel free to PM me if you want me to test anything before releasing it. :)
Looking forward to the next update and future Ports.
- Gamma changing is bugged the same way it is in vanilla GLQuake (it's a bug i fixed in vitaQuake but still isn't in vitaQuakeII).
- For the videos, do you have a video folder in your Quake 2 data files with .cin files inside?
- Keyboard for console is planned however atm i'm struggling fixing regressions caused by vitaGL with that specific port.
- Reversing the gyro is something i was planning to add too in the Options menu since i dislike too current vertical handling.
Ok I copied the video folder over and that works, I thought they were included in the pak files my bad.
Still not loading or saving the config file after i change a setting.
Also if you bring up the menu while the demo is running it very hard to press Triangle to resume the demo. You have to press it really fast.
Hope you work out the bugs mate. Good luck and Im happy to test.
Advertising
1. PS Vita Wifi 2.01 fw - Pro-V/Ark
1. PS Vita Wifi 3.18 fw - ?
1. PS Vita 3G 3.60 fw - HENkaku
Emankcin

Post by Emankcin »

Rinnegatamante wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:32 pm
TheBlackCat wrote:Thank you very much, I know you said something about adding compatibility with mods, is there any possibility of adding it?. I mean if you think that in the future it will add it.

Sorry for my bad English, I'm very grateful for this great job.

regards :)
Adding mods support is not simple as it was for vitaQuake. It would require compiling vitaQuakeII without static linking. It's a planned feature but won't happen soon.
First, I want to thank you for all the work you've done on all of the Quakes. I play them on my Vita all the time. The colorful lights mod on Quake 1 really spiffs up the graphics significantly. I have some questions if that is alright.

1.) I know that you said that adding the Quake II mission packs would be a lot more difficult because the game is structured a lot differently than Quake 1 was. You said that it would require compiling VitaQuake II without static linking... What does that mean and entail? I'm not a programmer, and my last venture at programming was in the 90s with Basic and Q Basic. Is it possible that some of us in the Vita hacks community could assist, like with simple, but tedius tasks? Or is it a lot more complicated than that? I want to get the Mission packs on my Vita so bad that I would help fund such a venture.

2.) How does Quake 3 differ from Quake 2 and Quake 1? Originally, Quake 1 had a add-on selection program, which was replaced with the livescreen selection. Quake 3 came with both Quake 3, and Team Arena. Is it that Quake 1 and Quake 3 both had static linking, but Quake 2 did not?

3.) I've heard talk of VitaGL with Quake, and had assumed that your ports already had GL included or built in... But then, I found a link to a VitaGL package on your github.. So, it's not? I tried to download it, thinking that it was a VPK, but it wasn't. Do I need VitaGL, or should I get it? I know that GL on the computer really enhanced the game's performance and graphics, so I'm assuming that it's similar here. Do you have a link for a VPK, or can provide instructions for installing it?

4.) Back to Quake 1, and the original mod selector program... I do love the new interface, don't get me wrong. But with the old interface, I was not only able to play both official mission packs, but also custom player maps and mission packs, most of which I found on PlanetQuake. With the new livescreen interface, it only allows me to play the official mission packs (it took me forever before I learned how to actually get those to work by renaming their containing folders!) On the release page, it says that add-ons and mods are supported... Can you tell me how, or link me to how? I'd like to play some of the custom maps and packs I have.

Thank you for your time, and for porting these great games. It's the only reason I hacked my Vita in the first place!

P.S. When are you going to port Quake 4?

P.P.S. That was a joke! I know that the Vita can't handle that much awesome!
Advertising
kingcrimson1920

Post by kingcrimson1920 »

How can i check version? I think i have Last one but There is problem. Game is stuck when enemy or i use RailGun. Then game must be restart.

P.S. I still dream abolutnie Clive Barker’s Undying on Vita :D
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

kingcrimson1920 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:30 am How can i check version? I think i have Last one but There is problem. Game is stuck when enemy or i use RailGun. Then game must be restart.

P.S. I still dream abolutnie Clive Barker’s Undying on Vita :D
Grab latest vpk from VitaDB to be sure to have last version.
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

vitaQuakeII v.2.0 released! A major update that brings high res textures support, official mission packs support and tons of improvements!
Check the first post for more info about how to install official mission packs and how to use high res texture packs.

Full changelog:
- Added support for high resolution texture packs.
- Added support for textures in TGA format.
- Added support for textures in JPG format.
- Added support for official mission packs.
- Added keyboard in console to properly use it [Press SELECT to make it show] (NOTE: console is usable only during game, calling it from main menu crashes the game)
- Optimized renderer. (game runs slightly faster than before)
- Reduced memory usage from the renderer.
- Improved analogs accuracy.

Download: http://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/info/278
Predator0808

Post by Predator0808 »

Hey Rinnegatamante!

You are doing fantastic work with porting and upgrading homebrews to PS Vita :)
Just have one question, is it possible to move data directory to ur0:/ ? By editing some config file, or creating shadow copy somehow...?
Moving homebrew by App Manager is not moving this directory, and it takes the most space...
Thanks in advance for answering!

Greetings!
Jeffers0n

Post by Jeffers0n »

The demo loads fine for me, but as soon as I move over the pak files (and overwrite the demo ones) and video directory from the Steam version of Quake 2, I get a black screen when loading. Is anyone else having this issue?
rsn8887

Post by rsn8887 »

The full game works for me. I used the GOG version, however.

I installed VitaQUake 2.0 via vitahbb, then copied over (overwrite) ALL three pak files and the video folder ONLY from my GOG PC Version to the Vita. I changed nothing else.

Now the videos play, and can be skipped with square. When I start a new game, after the intro video, it takes a little bit of a long time at black screen (ca. 20 seconds or so) before the level actually starts. But it works.
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Predator0808 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:42 pm Hey Rinnegatamante!

You are doing fantastic work with porting and upgrading homebrews to PS Vita :)
Just have one question, is it possible to move data directory to ur0:/ ? By editing some config file, or creating shadow copy somehow...?
Moving homebrew by App Manager is not moving this directory, and it takes the most space...
Thanks in advance for answering!

Greetings!
Not possible with current build but i can add ur0 support for next releases. Open an Issue suggesting this on GitHub so i won't forget about it.
kingcrimson1920

Post by kingcrimson1920 »

C2-12828-1. This i see when i want load yesterday save on mission pack rogue. Game must be restarted. Full Quake 2 works ok.

Return to “HENkaku”