Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Release] Vita Hangman - Touhou Edition

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
KawaiiAurora

[Release] Vita Hangman - Touhou Edition

Post by KawaiiAurora »

Vita Hangman - Touhou Edition

By Aurora, Rinnegatamante and Jackiepooh

2018-04-06-212941.jpg
2018-04-06-212941.jpg (137.76 KiB) Viewed 7999 times
Vita Hangman – Touhou Edition is a version of Hangman (originally designed by Rinnegatamante) for the PSVita that has a Touhou theme and an enhanced code base.

Vita Hangman - Touhou Edition has the following features:
  • It’s based on Vita Hangman 1.1 with some enhancements
  • A Touhou theme. This includes a menu and game background along with some background music!
  • Unlike the original version of this homebrew, this edition greys out the letters you already pressed and doesn't allow you to press them again!
  • The main menu has some different fonts
  • When you press a letter, a sound is now played
  • New LiveArea screen
  • Can be installed alongside normal Vita Hangman so you can have both versions of the game installed at the same time!
2018-04-06-212947.jpg
2018-04-06-212947.jpg (180.96 KiB) Viewed 7999 times

Credits:
  • Rinnegatamante for the base game and for Lua Player Plus (used to interpret the game)
  • Myself (Aurora of Wololo) for the Touhou Mod and the code enhancements mentioned above
  • Jackiepooh for porting the game to the PSVita from the 3DS in the first place!
  • FontFreaks.com for the Revue font
  • Freesound.org for some game sounds
  • The Touhou Community for the level images and music
Due to the fact that the images/audio used for the different levels are mostly from Touhou fans, tracking down the original author is a chore. As a result of this, I’ve decided not to waste my time tracking down the original authors since I obtained the images/audio for the levels from sources that were reposting them without much regard for their copyright. If you are the author of one these images/audio tracks, please tell me to credit you and I’ll write your name over here!

Download Link for the VPK (Version 1.1A-TH1):

http://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/info/379
Advertising
levifour

Re: [Release] Vita Hangman - Touhou Edition

Post by levifour »

Vpk does not work on my vita. It shows an error saying:

An error occurred
[string "?"]:40: cannot open requested file.

* what can I do to fix this problem?
Advertising
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Do you have a ux0:/data/hang folder?
That error means the game can't open ux0:data/hang/WORDS.TXT file.

The problem can happen especially if you used MLTHaku. That software messes up with directories permissions.
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
levifour

Post by levifour »

No hang folder apppears in my ux0 directory. If that process was made on vita using MLTHaku, is there any other way to make the game work?
levifour

Post by levifour »

I really want to try out this game if possible with any other working means. The tetris version of this game showed me the same error in the beginning as well but later then it worked.
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

levifour wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:41 pm No hang folder apppears in my ux0 directory. If that process was made on vita using MLTHaku, is there any other way to make the game work?
If you use Windows, people reported that unchecking the "hide folder" parameter for data folder and subdirectories fixes the issue.
levifour

Post by levifour »

So basically I connect ps vita to pc and on windows options, I uncheck the "hide operating system files" so it allows me to see files I wasn't able to see before on my vita is that it?
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

levifour wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:26 pm So basically I connect ps vita to pc and on windows options, I uncheck the "hide operating system files" so it allows me to see files I wasn't able to see before on my vita is that it?
You should disable Hidden and Read Only attributes for data folder and all subfolders.
levifour

Post by levifour »

It didn't fix the problem. I was able to see hidden files but I still didn't see the folder previously mentioned in "ux0/data/hangfolder"

Return to “HENkaku”