Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] vitaXash3D

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
fgsfds

Re: [RELEASE] vitaXash3D

Post by fgsfds »

Sadly, I can only get the client to work, which means you won't be able to host on the Vita, including local games with bots. This limits you to playing on Xash servers online or over LAN. You can still host a server on a PC or a smartphone (Xash runs on Android and iOS, though running a CS server requires a lot of memory anyway) that's on the same WiFi network as you and join it.
Also, right now CS tends to run out of memory and crash the GPU on some particularly memory-intensive maps or after a lot of mapchanges, which is why I can't release it yet.

The server browser also works (for LAN servers as well) and there seems to be a lot of Xash servers running CS. Most are hosted for Android/iOS players, but that doesn't prevent you from joining.

Image Image
Advertising
mrdude

Post by mrdude »

That's pretty amazing you got CS to work, very nice :-)
Advertising
Mrgreezy3

Post by Mrgreezy3 »

Please please get the offline bots to work even if its for halflife multiplayer anything will do.. And also can you or someone tell me have they gotten any mods to load throught half life

And also can you add scr_ofsx scr_ofsy scr_ofsz offset to the engine code for the weapons i found a iron sight script for. Halflife but it will not work

Anyway vitaxash3d is great so far very good work

Also it runs smoother when vita is overclocked

Anyway i joined a server thru the psvita in half life and it had parabots in it... Is it possible to add them to half life for offline play? .

And is there a way to add specific ip addresses to online servers like maybe a dedicated server with bots in it...
Any way thank you for your hard work
fgsfds

Post by fgsfds »

Release 4 is now out.

Notable changes:
  • the game now runs in expanded memory mode, which gives it ~100Mb more RAM, and uses a separate heap for texture memory, which was implemented recently in vitaGL; this leads to greatly increased stability, as out-of-memory crashes now almost never happen;
  • new mod launcher design;
  • you can now use the in-game Video mode menu to change the screen resolution: using a lower resolution can in theory increase performance;
  • you can now use the front touch screen for precision aiming, I have also added some on-screen touch buttons for things like the buy menu in CS;
  • right analog is now scaled for more precise control like in vitaQuake;
  • bug fixes and slight performance improvements.
This release includes game libraries for Half-Life, Half-Life: Blue Shift, Half-Life: Opposing Force and Counter-Strike. CS right now only has the client library, which means you won't be able to host servers or local games on the Vita yet. It's also pretty buggy.

Keep in mind that changing screen resolution forces the game to restart when you hit "Apply".

UPD: It appears that Release 4 is not compatible with Release 3 saves, just like R3 wasn't compatible with R1 and R2 saves.
Last edited by fgsfds on Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
fgsfds

Post by fgsfds »

Mrgreezy3 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:39 am ...
I can try porting some HLDM bot library to the Vita. There seems to be a lot of them and some work with Xash and have been ported to Android.
scr_ofsx, scr_ofsy, scr_ofsz don't seem to be supported in Xash, so I probably can't add them because I don't know how exactly they should work.

I didn't understand your last question about adding IPs. Do you mean like the favorites feature on the Steam server browser? I can try adding that, but later. For now you can use connect IP in the console. You can also make a script which uses the alias command to give the servers their own console commands or names.
MuskratDesman

Post by MuskratDesman »

Can you add a change nickname and chat through the native PS Vita keyboard? ;)
fgsfds

Post by fgsfds »

MuskratDesman wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:13 pm Can you add a change nickname and chat through the native PS Vita keyboard? ;)
Yes, that is planned. For now you can chat using the say and say_team commands in the console, for example:

Code: Select all

say example message
say_team example message
You can also change your name using the name command, like so:

Code: Select all

name newname
mrdude

Post by mrdude »

fgsfds wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:39 pm
Mrgreezy3 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:39 am ...
I can try porting some HLDM bot library to the Vita. There seems to be a lot of them and some work with Xash and have been ported to Android.
scr_ofsx, scr_ofsy, scr_ofsz don't seem to be supported in Xash, so I probably can't add them because I don't know how exactly they should work.

I didn't understand your last question about adding IPs. Do you mean like the favorites feature on the Steam server browser? I can try adding that, but later. For now you can use connect IP in the console. You can also make a script which uses the alias command to give the servers their own console commands or names.
How do you type commands into the console? I can't get the keyboard to show up.
fgsfds

Post by fgsfds »

mrdude wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:07 am How do you type commands into the console? I can't get the keyboard to show up.
Hit Left trigger when the console is open.
Mrgreezy3

Post by Mrgreezy3 »

Can we use skins mods on cs like the call of duty pack just the guns ibtried and it froze im assuming its the size ofbthe weapons there huge 1.5mb or better each thats heavy on the vita im guess. Im looking for som low res packs i put the low res pack on HL and its perfect for the vita i love this game... Most of the cs servers have banned me i dont understand why.. They are russian and turkey servers

Return to “HENkaku”