Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] vitaQuakeII - Quake II port for PSVITA

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Re: [RELEASE] vitaQuakeII - Quake II port for PSVITA

Post by Rinnegatamante »

vitaQuakeII v.1.5 available for download, now with hardware acceleration!

Changelog:

- Switched from software rendering to hardware accelerated rendering ith vitaGL.
- Moved from mixed 480x272/960x544 resolution to full native 960x544 resolution.
- Fixed native screenshot feature (Scr_Screenshot). Now works as intended.
- Added a "limit framerate" voice in Options menu to cap framerate to 30.
- Added a "show fps" voice in Video menu to show framerate while playing.
- Fixed mp3 support for CDAudio soundtrack. Now works as intended.
- Added "render shadows" voice in Video menu to enable/disable entities shadows rendering.
- Improved right analog aiming sensibility (thanks to rsn8887/ShroomKing).

Download: http://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/info/278
Advertising
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
mrdude

Post by mrdude »

It might work ok with the shareware game, for the full game this update breaks video playback, crashes loading old game saves, and brightness doesn't work.

Thanks for releasing though, I do hope you fix these things which previously worked on the full game in the last version released.
Advertising
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

mrdude wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:20 pm It might work ok with the shareware game, for the full game this update breaks video playback, crashes loading old game saves, and brightness doesn't work.

Thanks for releasing though, I do hope you fix these things which previously worked on the full game in the last version released.
Collect coredumps for those crashes and post them here or send me them in PM so i can try to figure out what's crashing. (I do not own a Quake II installation with cinematics, so never tested them with openGL renderer).
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
mrdude

Post by mrdude »

Rinnegatamante wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:46 pm
mrdude wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:20 pm It might work ok with the shareware game, for the full game this update breaks video playback, crashes loading old game saves, and brightness doesn't work.

Collect coredumps for those crashes and post them here or send me them in PM so i can try to figure out what's crashing. (I do not own a Quake II installation with cinematics, so never tested them with openGL renderer).
I'll upload the game file later today and pm you the link with the cinematics so you can test yourself.
cos

Post by cos »

Rinnegatamante wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:46 pm Collect coredumps for those crashes and post them here or send me them in PM so i can try to figure out what's crashing. (I do not own a Quake II installation with cinematics, so never tested them with openGL renderer).
Thank you very much for this nice update. I also get a crash with the full version though. A core dump can be found here:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 3709596070
futurealbert

Post by futurealbert »

I get crash when I try to go console from options menu.
Nevermind, once I used files from proper copy of game and not the data download on the same page as the release.
NakedFaerie

Post by NakedFaerie »

A few problems.
1, no videos play. You can hear them but its just a black screen.
2, previous savegames refuse to load, crashes every time you try to load an old savegame that works fine on the old version.
3, settings are never saved. You have to set it up everytime you load the game. Old version remembered settings this version doesn't.
4, old version was smoother. This might be 30-60fps but it doesn't feel as smooth as the last version. FPS does drop to below 20 sometimes, mainly with enemies and explosions on screen.

Ok, this does look better but old version plays better and remembers savegame. New version I have to start all over again.
szczuru

Post by szczuru »

NakedFaerie wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:00 am A few problems.
1, no videos play. You can hear them but its just a black screen.
2, previous savegames refuse to load, crashes every time you try to load an old savegame that works fine on the old version.
3, settings are never saved. You have to set it up everytime you load the game. Old version remembered settings this version doesn't.
4, old version was smoother. This might be 30-60fps but it doesn't feel as smooth as the last version. FPS does drop to below 20 sometimes, mainly with enemies and explosions on screen.

Ok, this does look better but old version plays better and remembers savegame. New version I have to start all over again.
I have same problems
defkyle

Post by defkyle »

First of all big thanks to Rinnegatamante for another great release.
My only issue was the brightness which I was able to fix by changing the gl_modulate from 1 to 2.5.

Try it if you have the same issue.
simando

Post by simando »

Just wanted to say thanks to the dev, absolutely loving playing this and as I'm rubbish at getting these things to work it was super easy to install. Amazing.

Return to “HENkaku”