Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

cloning an sd card used in ps2vita

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
razorrune

cloning an sd card used in ps2vita

Post by razorrune »

Hello everyone.

I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere, but with hours of searching the web, I can find no obvious answer.

Anyway, I have a 64G sd card now in my psvita running henkaku 3.60 fw and using sd2vita adapter. I wish to 'clone' the 64G card to a 128G card, as the 64G is 95% full now.
I tried a straight copy, no luck. I tried formatting the new card via the Wolo instructions : Setting up your SD2Vita adapter – Formatting your microSD can be done on Windows, and then copying the card contents, no luck.

The vita recognizes both cards, the 128G shows up in settings, shows half full, but no icons show up on the homescreen beyond page 2 (the 64G card shows 5 screens of icons, including molecular shell and vita shell). when the databases are built initially when i change cards out, the 64G takes about 9 seconds to build, and the 128G takes about 2 seconds. So it is clearly not loading all the 'other stuff' that was copied over.

I'm about to try a sd cloning program to completely duplicate the 64G to the 128G.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone successfully changed from a smaller sd card to a larger one, without reinstalling every thjng over again.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!! Thank you.
Advertising
callmetuan

Re: cloning an sd card used in ps2vita

Post by callmetuan »

bump, i'm also looking for guidance on transitioning to a larger card.

i used win32diskimager to write the zzBlank, then formatted card to exfat with default allocation, then i did a copy and paste (including hidden files and hidded system files). but got a corrupt message when i booted up the vita
Advertising
razorrune

Post by razorrune »

I finally had to reinstall all the software over on the new card, never found a way to clone it properly and noone on this forum ever answered my query. Also, of interest is, the sd card, which I reinstalled all the games on, was done on my pstv, and it also work s in my psvita!
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

Nobody answered you because you are literally asking how to drag and drop files :roll:

Use a PC to backup your old card, format your new card with win32diskimager (like you did to the old card), then then drag and drop to the new one. It's far from rocket science.
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
razorrune

Post by razorrune »

nope that didn't work, but thanks for answering me!
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

Worked 100% for me, maybe you don't have show hidden files checked?

razorrune

Post by razorrune »

absolutely do. the cloning wouldn't work. the files all showed as corrupt or didn't show up at all. despite unhiding everything.
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

It was just a figure of speech, I copied my original Sony 32gb card to my 64gb PSVSD with no issues. I used Filezilla to FTP all the internal files to my desktop (yes, this took a while). Copied those files to the PSVSD, and use a SD2VITA for Adrenaline/PSP stuff.

Not sure how I can manage by FTP, but you are having issues 100% local. Seems odd.

Also sorry if you took offense to the rocket science thing, it is still pretty funny you do actual rocket science and a SD2VITA is hassling you. :D

Return to “Support”