Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Playstation TV to PC with cable ?

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
tangra87

Playstation TV to PC with cable ?

Post by tangra87 »

Hi , is it possible to conect Playstation TV to my laptop via cable to transfer content (games , music etc ) ? Or it can be done only with wifi ? I just got Playstation TV
Advertising
ali_ihsan21

Re: Playstation TV to PC with cable ?

Post by ali_ihsan21 »

Not yet possible but requested for Vitashell update.
Advertising
PSP-1000 6.20 16 GB Pro C-2
PSP-go 6.20 32 GB LME 2.3 White
PSP-go 6.60 24 GB Pro C-2 / LME 2.3 Black
PS Vita Slim 8 GB 3.60 Henkaku
PS TV 3.60 Henkaku 1 TB Samsung Story
Thank you RepRep, Total_Noob, Suloku, Omega2058, TheFlow
nightwishfan1

Post by nightwishfan1 »

You can use a FTP client like filezilla, and acquiring the playstation tv FTP address via molecular shell, or vita shell. It's the only way til the above implementation is made available in vita shell. You won't be able to transfer games, but you can swap media content, and other file types back and forth between the 2 platforms when you establish a FTP connection. For games the only means is a way we can't talk about here, which would involve tools used for piracy. That's all that can be said about that.
randname

Post by randname »

nightwishfan1 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:14 pm For games the only means is a way we can't talk about here, which would involve tools used for piracy.
Transferring games doesn't mean the game must be pirated, maybe the guy is just trying to send some game backups that he legally own. For transferring games, just use the MaiDumpTool and drop the game in. However, don't ask silly questions such as "How can I speed up the installation of those gigabyte-sized VPKs?", since you won't get such a large VPK file unless the content is a whole pirated game.

Now back to the question, if you need a fast way to transfer a large chunk of data from your PC to Vita TV, you can try the plugin which mount USB storage devices on the USB port. Then what you need is just a USB thumb drive, drop the data in the thumb drive, put it in the USB port on the Vita, and then copy the data into the Vita memory using Vitashell/molecularShell. However, the USB storage cannot be hot-swapped when it's on the Vita, you need to hibernate/power off before removing it.
NDS:Stuck N64 into Game&Watch
PSP:Stuck PS2 into PocketStation
3DS:Stuck VituralBoy into NDS
PSV:Stuck PS3 into PSP
GPD:Stuck PC into NDS
tangra87

Post by tangra87 »

Hi , what I meen is , I have a Playstation vita TV console , with the latest firmware 3.67 - it is up to date and I want to transfer mi legal games via cable from my laptop to the vita tv , becaouse on my PSVITA with the cable is much faster than via wifi .
tangra87

Post by tangra87 »

But from what I see it is not possible , shame is take a long time transfer games like Ninja gaiden sigma plus and Mortal kombat via wifi , and my laptop for some reason does not recognice my vita via cable ( I think it is from the cable ) . Thank you all anyway :)
yogs

Post by yogs »

I think he can transfer the files by putting a usb key. It must be mounted manually. it works
tangra87

Post by tangra87 »

I can not confirm this , my controler is with cable , its not a wireless dualshock , so can not even try it , becouse Playstation TV have only one USB output.
JonWalter

Post by JonWalter »

If your Monitor has a HDMI input, it will work.... If your graphics card has a HDMI output, and so does your TV... you could put your PC on the TV.... it all makes sense... Input, output Same name? Use it if you can...
ivo2376

Post by ivo2376 »

xerpi released something like that usb video controller
make the vita act as a webcam witch can port vitascreen to pc
video captured with any webcam viewer

Return to “General”