Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

sd2vita help and zdoom port

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
Colanwiser

sd2vita help and zdoom port

Post by Colanwiser » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:51 am

Hi, I just bought a vita 3.60 with 2 sd2vita adapters included (they say one is already installed). I have a 200gb sd card that I would like to use with it and im wondering what I have to do to with it first before putting it in the vita, like formatting and ****. Thank you.. and another question. How long before we see homebrew that uses the vita gpu. Possibly allowing for a zdoom port that would open a huge floodgate of mods for doom.
Advertising

randname

Re: sd2vita help and zdoom port

Post by randname » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:45 pm

A special disk image has to be burnt into the SD card you gonna use. Then format the card in exFAT. As you have said, one of the SD2Vita had been used on the Vita you got, so the SD2Vita plugin might be still installed in the system. If so, put the card and the adapter in the Vita and you are good to go. Otherwise, you have to install the SD2Vita plugin to make it work.
Advertising
NDS:Stuck N64 into Game&Watch
PSP:Stuck PS2 into PocketStation
3DS:Stuck VituralBoy into NDS
PSV:Stuck PS3 into PSP
GPD:Stuck PC into NDS

dmaskell92

Re: sd2vita help and zdoom port

Post by dmaskell92 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:48 pm

HERE is a decent guide from Aurora that got me setup forever ago. If the links still work it should be pretty easy.

Idk about the Zdoom port but Retroarch has Prboom working fantastic. Although, support for mods are scarce, you can still use custom music. This is how I play Doom on my Vita. It's not brutal Doom but it works.
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 64GB PSVSD

Return to “Support”