Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[OPEN] PS Vita 100x Motherboard Swap Question.

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
GreenGoblin12

[OPEN] PS Vita 100x Motherboard Swap Question.

Post by GreenGoblin12 »

Hi all,

Okay I wan't to swap out my motherboard for my ps vita fat, but had a few questions before ordering one and swapping.

ONLY for the users on this forum who have done this method, please answer my questions.

1) is the motherboard on sale from eBay other sites a real Sony version, or is it a mass produced board?

2) does the board have any issues, or have had any issues? telltale differences in start up/graphics/performance etc?

3) have the boards ever bricked?

4) do they function 100% just like the original boards?

5) do they definitely have the firmware lower than 3.60 installed on them?

6) any breakdowns from use of these boards ever?

The reason I ask is because I can not find answers anywhere to my extent that supply me with the above information, a lot of people who buy the replacement boards tend not to leave any feedback about the item on forums like this.

Any insight into this would be terrific, I just don'd want to buy something that is not confirmed as a genuine part or may have problems a few months down the road after usage.

Cheers

BTW I'm from the UK, here are the eBay item numbers that I want to buy the board from:

EBIN:
Advertising
dmaskell92

Re: [OPEN] PS Vita 100x Motherboard Swap Question.

Post by dmaskell92 »

GreenGoblin12 wrote:Hi all,

Okay I wan't to swap out my motherboard for my ps vita fat, but had a few questions before ordering one and swapping.

ONLY for the users on this forum who have done this method, please answer my questions.
I haven't personally swapped a mobo, but I know allot about the swap so I will attempt to assist.
GreenGoblin12 wrote:1) is the motherboard on sale from eBay other sites a real Sony version, or is it a mass produced board?
As far as I know, the motherboards are from actual Ps Vita units. I don't think China is capable of producing fakes due to the encrypted content on the board.
GreenGoblin12 wrote:2) does the board have any issues, or have had any issues? telltale differences in start up/graphics/performance etc?
They all work the same, I haven't heard of any start-up time differences or anything like that. Also I've never heard of one model getting better FPS over the other.
GreenGoblin12 wrote:3) have the boards ever bricked?
Yes, there are bricked motherboards out there, but I wouldn't worry if you're buying from eBay because they have buyer protection and eBay will refund you if something goes south. That being said, I don't recommend buying a motherboard that says "As-is".
GreenGoblin12 wrote:4) do they function 100% just like the original boards?
They are original boards, so yes.
GreenGoblin12 wrote:5) do they definitely have the firmware lower than 3.60 installed on them?
No, if the seller doesn't advertise what firmware version is on the board, you can assume it's been updated.
GreenGoblin12 wrote:6) any breakdowns from use of these boards ever?
Not that I've heard, the boards that pop up on eBay are usually from units with broken screens.
GreenGoblin12 wrote:The reason I ask is because I can not find answers anywhere to my extent that supply me with the above information, a lot of people who buy the replacement boards tend not to leave any feedback about the item on forums like this.

Any insight into this would be terrific, I just don'd want to buy something that is not confirmed as a genuine part or may have problems a few months down the road after usage.

Cheers

BTW I'm from the UK, here are the eBay item numbers that I want to buy the board from:

EBIN:
Note: I looked a while ago for a 1000 3g Motherboard. They where extremely hard to find and the only one I found that was below 3.60 was about $150USD. I think the reason they are scarce is due to the release of Yifanlu's SD adaptor. Anyway I wish you luck.
Advertising
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
GreenGoblin12

Post by GreenGoblin12 »

Hey,

Just found out these are not original Sony genuine boards, I was correct to be hesitant, I contacted several sellers selling this on various websites including eBay and best answer I got was this from eBay, although 4 others did also try to state the fact they were generic boards overall:

"2015happydeal
Thank you for your message, It is not the original genuine Sony vita main boards , it is only Logic Board Motherboard, hope you can understand.
If you have any other problems, please feel free to contact us.
Best regards."

"goods668
Dear, happy ok, board not Sony brand, board is pcb we ship fast
board is tested
dear let us know
happy day ok ^_^"

"ecamonline2012
Dear buyer board is as our pictures it will slight size by 1-3mm difference. not problem we check and see it not retail. tested and working we check number. is okay? contact us freely to discuss about shipping. Look to seeing you wishes"

"showpurchase
Sir welcome for question we answer. item is maybe original working order. we sell in good condition no problem. other boards from other ebay are all same as is ours, we all sale different prices. we sell good price okay.
we offer warranty and return if is not work or problem with order. your response is welcome. we hope this help. good day "
Last edited by GreenGoblin12 on Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

That makes no sense, the Chinese can NOT just fake these boards. If it where that easy the Ps Vita wouldn't have took 5 years to hack.
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
GreenGoblin12

Post by GreenGoblin12 »

dmaskell92 wrote:That makes no sense, the Chinese can NOT just fake these boards. If it where that easy the Ps Vita wouldn't have took 5 years to hack.
I know but I asked various sellers including the ones on ali express, the replies were similar, and posted a few above.

It's put me off completely, so I guess I'm going to have to go all out on a used ps vita which I don't want to but have no choice at the moment, seeing as I can not rely on the replies provided by the people selling them.

I trust in what you have stated, and thank you for the reply provided in answering my questions. I just have to sell my one and find an alternative.

I'll leave this open for a few more days so others have a chance to reply back and also confirm the above.

I guess all vita owners must go through this, as having a day 1 vita in pristine condition and getting rid of it for a lesser condition sucks. I put out close to 250.00 for this on release and without games. just upset to see I went onto FW 3.61.

I'll get back if I find any changes.

Some sell the original boards but again, they are all based in China, and seeing I got really awkward replies, I am unsure as to cough up 20-38 for a board that's not been verified as "Original" or unless someone with an actual swap and vouch these are indeed okay to install.
GreenGoblin12

Post by GreenGoblin12 »

Hey,

Just an update, I asked one more question, and got a definitive reply from one of the sellers mentioned above:

Q) are these motherboards pulled from an original working sony ps vita console or not?

A) "2015happydeal
Thanks for your reply.No, our manufacturer produce it by ourselves, it it only for Playstation PS Vita 100X WiFi Version, hope you can understand that.
Have a nice day.
Regards."

Yeah, so I guess those boards are untrustworthy, I'm in the process of finding a cheap and I mean really cheap working vita with FW under 3.60, but its going to be hard. it wont matter if it has a cracked screen so long as I can replace the part with a working 3.60 vita than thats fine.

Also just off topic, but I've recently been hearing that the Henkaku FW is causing a few problems to people's vitas, in terms of bricking/not functioning properly. 2 of my friends vita completely died this week alone, they have been running henkaku since release, no problems then, but all of a sudden they have had issues, one was the firmware during use bricked the vita, and the other was it wiped out the memory then caused hard ware issues on his 3G model, the sim, wifi and mem slot all failed to respond.

anyhow, back on topic, the boards don't clearly seem to be originals, well the answers shown above, but its a 50/50 chance i guess for those who have had luck in doing this method. I was going to do this, as taking electronics apart are not a problem for me, seeing as I fix much of it, but I only had trouble identifying whether these boards were original's or not, but as in this case they do not seem to be, plus the price for 20 just does not look right either, a guy in the US is selling original ones with firmware below 3.60, and his are around the 40 mark, hence just looks odd from the ones selling cheap.

Thanks.
henkery

Post by henkery »

These are most likely real psvita 100x boards

however given how aliexpress shops often "acquire" stock they might be of dubious quality

They are all definitely made using the original sony blueprints and flashed with the real sony provided firmware.

I too have bought one of aliexpress for very cheap (can't find the seller anymore) and it works just fine
GreenGoblin12

Post by GreenGoblin12 »

Just an update, waited 2 weeks so far for an import board, I decided to check the differences.

I bought a very cheap working vita with firmware dead on 3.60, installed hen with no probs.

I deiced to also get a "replacement board", just so I could figure out for my self and for others just if they were originals or copies.

I already took high res images of the original board and chip config with x-rays of the board etc. I'll upload this as a side by side comparison once i get the import board by next week.

I am about 87% sure that these are indeed not originals, they may have been designed following the same blueprints or not (just as henkery pointed out :) ), but this has not been checked by anyone who have actually bought these. So I'll do this as a follow up.

Return to “Support”