Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Release] Higurashi: When They Cry Vita Port

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
MyLegGuy

Re: [Release] Higurashi: When They Cry Vita Port

Post by MyLegGuy »

dmaskell92 wrote:Just for an update, I'm on epilogue 2 of my chapter 5 testing. After that is complete I need to compare the tips with the PC version to make sure they are all named correctly. After that I want to go through the scripts and use DisableWindow(); on the intro images to remove the black film and I should be done with Chapter 5. Along with all the bug fixes you have contributed I think we almost have a full port!

I still have a issue where some gameplay is too white to read the text, I wil post a spoiler free screenshot ASAP.

[spoiler]--snip--[/spoiler]

Code: Select all

DrawFilm( 3, 255, 255, 255, 256, 0, 400, TRUE );
I think something in this the code makes the screen too white, this is from _meak_ep_02.txt

Also the white boxes where spoiler content probably, so i did that on paint.
I appreciate you censoring the screenshot.

Because I don't have a font with a shadow, I just made it so the message box is also drawn over the white filter, making it darker.

I also made it so, for now, anytime the DrawFilm command isn't used for drawing a color filter, it draws a white filter that's half transparent regardless of the color values used with DrawFilm.
Here's what that looks like:
ch1, tip 20
The DrawFilm command you posted was a color inversion one, so it'll look like the screenshot.

vpk:
https://github.com/MyLegGuy/Higurashi-V ... v2.1.1.vpk
Advertising
Last edited by MyLegGuy on Sat May 05, 2018 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
please reply
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

So much better thank you!

----

DrawBustshot( 19, "no_data", 0, 100, 0, FALSE, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 10, 0, TRUE );
This gives an error but doesn't stop the game.

19? Wth lol? epilogue 2

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Advertising
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
MyLegGuy

Post by MyLegGuy »

dmaskell92 wrote:

DrawBustshot( 19, "no_data", 0, 100, 0, FALSE, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 10, 0, TRUE );
This gives an error but doesn't stop the game.
After this update, v2.1.2, I don't think we'll ever have another problem with the slot on DrawBustshot. All slots (<= 255) will now work.
https://github.com/MyLegGuy/Higurashi-V ... v2.1.2.vpk
please reply
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

Seems to work fine, cleaning some stuff up then i'm uploading these script files

dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

Ok so I'm going to release what I have done so far because I've been a bit busy. Chapter 5 is 100% playable. If you experience any issues where text runs on too fast to read, or black filters cover things that they shouldn't please report it and I will update the scripts.

Chapter_5_Meakashi_Preset.zip
Chapter_5_Meakashi_Scripts.zip

Enjoy Chapter 5!

MyLegGuy

Post by MyLegGuy »

dmaskell92 wrote:Ok so I'm going to release what I have done so far because I've been a bit busy. Chapter 5 is 100% playable. If you experience any issues where text runs on too fast to read, or black filters cover things that they shouldn't please report it and I will update the scripts.

Chapter_5_Meakashi_Preset.zip
Chapter_5_Meakashi_Scripts.zip

Enjoy Chapter 5!
I've set up everything else to work with the PS3 patch auto installer and added your preset file to the script converter's included presets, renaming it to be like the others. (Ch5_Meakashi.txt)
I used v2.0.0 of the PS3 patch as base and merged your script files into it.

Thank you very much! Without you, this would've taken months longer.
please reply
tuliko

Post by tuliko »

Hello,

it is possible to use more than one chapter in the "HIGURASHI" folder?

I ask because all chapters have the same StreamingAssets name.
MyLegGuy

Post by MyLegGuy »

tuliko wrote:Hello,

it is possible to use more than one chapter in the "HIGURASHI" folder?

I ask because all chapters have the same StreamingAssets name.
Yes, it is!

First, move the folder ux0:data/HIGURASHI/StreamingAssets/Presets to ux0:data/HIGURASHI/Presets.

Next, rename your StreamingAssets folder depending on the preset filename*.
It should be named StreamingAssets_<presetfilename>
For example, Onikakushi's preset filename is Ch1_Onikakushi.txt, so the StreamingAssets folder would be at ux0:data/HIGURASHI/StreamingAssets_Ch1_Onikakushi.txt.

*By the way, "preset filenames" are the filename you see when you press "Load preset and savefile" on the main menu. Ch1_Onikakushi.txt, Ch2_Watanagashi.txt, Ch3_Tatarigoroshi, Ch4_Himatsubushi.txt, Ch5_Meakashi.txt.
please reply
tuliko

Post by tuliko »

Yes, it is!

First, move the folder ux0:data/HIGURASHI/StreamingAssets/Presets to ux0:data/HIGURASHI/Presets.

Next, rename your StreamingAssets folder depending on the preset filename*.
It should be named StreamingAssets_<presetfilename>
For example, Onikakushi's preset filename is Ch1_Onikakushi.txt, so the StreamingAssets folder would be at ux0:data/HIGURASHI/StreamingAssets_Ch1_Onikakushi.txt.

*By the way, "preset filenames" are the filename you see when you press "Load preset and savefile" on the main menu. Ch1_Onikakushi.txt, Ch2_Watanagashi.txt, Ch3_Tatarigoroshi, Ch4_Himatsubushi.txt, Ch5_Meakashi.txt.
Thanks, it worked flawlessly!
MyLegGuy

Post by MyLegGuy »

Update to v2.5

* Text reaching the bottom of the screen is more graceful now.
* Press triangle after selecting a game to set it as the default game when you launch the program. Do the same to unset it.
* Bustshot art location changes will take effect immediately
* Added little fadein and fadeout for the textbox. Makes a bigger difference than you would think.
* Brand new sound engine. BGM no longer breaks when suspending the game?
* Color inversion commands now actually work instead of just using a white filter.

--

This version pushes a new method for storing games*. Previously, you had one folder called "StreamingAssets" with all the presets in it and the user just has to select the preset that goes with the game. There was a method of storing multiple games, but it wasn't really friendly.
Now there's a new method I call "Game Folder Mode." With Game Folder Mode, you put your StreamingAssets folders into ux0:data/HIGURASHI/Games and you can just choose the folder to load. The folders now have only one preset in them, so the user doesn't have to choose which preset goes with the folder. The script converter now renames and adds preset files to your StreamingAssets folder for you. That means, however, that if you converted your games more than two weeks ago, your StreamingAssets folders are slightly outdated. If you want to convert to Games Folder Mode, you'll need to follow a really easy conversion process that doesn't even require a computer. There are text and video tutorials in the OP now. The entire process can be done in under a minute or two.

* The old, preset files mode will still work for the games you already converted if you're too lazy to change to Game Folder Mode right now.

--

This engine now also supports VNDS games converted with a game converter. Unless I change my mind within the next 5 minutes, I'll be posting a new thread about that.
please reply

Return to “HENkaku”