by VitaHEX Games
Something very different this time. SwitchView UI will turn your PS Vita in to a Nintendo Switch! (kinda...)
The title of the app is SwitchView UI. I started this project for fun and for personal use but in the process it turned out to something really great so I decided to share it with you. It's a simple homebrew app (or game launcher) that gives you an interface to launch your games and apps.
It is not a replacement for the Vita's Livearea it is just a homebrew app. It lists all the games/apps in your ux0 location (not system apps), and shows them in a menu very similar to the Switch UI.
As you can see I tried to make all the graphics similar to the Switch dark theme. I also tried to keep the PS Vita buttons and icons the same. The buttons bellow the main game thumbs are the system apps like the PS Store, Photos, Settings app etc.
With a little customization you can turn this in to a PS4 or Xbox One interface by simply replacing the images and adjusting the positions.
It's very simple at it's current state but it does the job.
Developed by VitaHEX games.
- Rinnegatamante for Lua Player Plus
- High quality icons and interface
- Lists all your games/apps and displays their icon
- Touch screen support
- Clock and battery percentage display on top right corner
- Navigation using the arrow keys and select with X
What's New in 0.1.2:
[spoiler]- Added touch screen support. Useful for faster scrolling!
- Improved navigation controls
- You can now navigate using the L/R triggers for 5x scrolling
- Added a Setting Menu by pressing the Start button
- Added a loading splash image on start up
- Added a wifi icon when you have the option enabled[/spoiler]
Remember to leave your comment with your impressions/suggestions about the app.
Want to see more homebrew apps like this? Support my work by becoming a Patron: