HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
#420513 by deltaclock
Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:34 pm
Database Manager v.1.20
by Deltaclock

Image

Description:

A simple homebrew for managing your icon-layout on the Vita. After you've used the backup option on your preferred layout, you can use the restore option to return to that exact layout.However if you change system themes the app will not restore some parts of the theme(Maybe a fix in the future).

The VitaShell options can be used to backup and restore all of your Vitashell themes as well as and its settings.Note the app will backup all of your Vitashell, so make your edits and then backup :).

The app is still under development so any bugs/improvements/ideas please report them to my github repo.

Download

Credits
  • Rinnegatamante for Lua Player Plus and for help/suggestions
  • Everyone on #henkaku that helped me in any way.
Advertising
#420523 by luck
Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:23 pm
mmm, i already made an app for this (http://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/info/204) (app.db only)

it s a good idea to add more features and a better ui but your are doing it wrong

you can t just restore the old app.db to restore the icons/folders because:

1) my old db could be corrupted
2) my new db could be different (new/less icons, new/less fields)

so you must save the icons/folders data somewhere (useful datas only) and update the new db accordingly.
Advertising
#420546 by deltaclock
Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:31 pm
There was already 2 apps about app.db mods ..Why i made a new one? Cause i wanted to add new features, improve the UI and for fun.

Im not just the old app.db but also the iconlayout.ini.
If your old files get corrupted(unlikely) then the system will fix it automatically with update db method.
If your new db is different with less or more stuff then the old stuff will be restored at their place , the new will get randomly distributed after the "restored" apps.
Also where is your source code?

Maybe the methods im using arent the best but like ive said the app is still under development.
if you wanna continue the chat about suggestions/etc then we can talk somewhere else,no reason for posts here.
https://twitter.com/deltaclock or on #henkaku irc
#420553 by luck
Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:04 am
deltaclock wrote:There was already 2 apps about app.db mods ..Why i made a new one? Cause i wanted to add new features, improve the UI and for fun.

as i said, this is good.
afaik, no apps can restore your LA

deltaclock wrote:Im not just the old app.db but also the iconlayout.ini.

i know, you can t restore your LA without it.

deltaclock wrote:If your old files get corrupted(unlikely) then the system will fix it automatically with update db method.
If your new db is different with less or more stuff then the old stuff will be restored at their place , the new will get randomly distributed after the "restored" apps.

my point is, the system creates a new db, but you delete the new db and restore the old one.
how can this fix my db?

what if i messed up my triggers? you will restore my broken triggers.
i m not aware of any system magic that will fix this if i restore my old db

if, for whatever reasons, i need/want to kill my db, i don t want to see it again :lol:

deltaclock wrote:Also where is your source code?

http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/IioyEOeY/file.html

deltaclock wrote:Maybe the methods im using arent the best but like ive said the app is still under development.
if you wanna continue the chat about suggestions/etc then we can talk somewhere else,no reason for posts here.
https://twitter.com/deltaclock or on #henkaku irc


ok, but your method could cause issues

there s not much else to say, i have nothing against you or your app
i will probably use your app when stable
i m just trying to help
#420558 by deltaclock
Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:58 pm
Thing is i cant really check the saved db for any corruptions without sqlite but afaik lpp cant use sqlite.
The only reason im restoring the old db is so the sys apps layout can get restored , cause iconlayout.ini cant manipulate sys apps layout.
if u back up a normal db and then corrupt it and try to restore it then ..bad for you :D .
if you restore a corrupted db then use wipedb feature to rebuild a new one, you would still have the iconlaout.ini saved.

If you have any ideas on how to improve the app then please tell me, but lol not here xD
#420574 by luck
Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:55 pm
I know nothing about lpp

I have no time to chat or play with code, probably till the next month (ie december)

Sqlite is required to properly do this job.

You can implement sqlite in lpp or you can add an alert about how the option works or you can swith to C

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot] and 3 guests