Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Any progress on 3.61+ only games?

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
Armed_&_Overclocked

Any progress on 3.61+ only games?

Post by Armed_&_Overclocked »

Good morning!,

So i recently became aware of some games, one of which is Slain, i'd like to pick up for the Vita, but after doing some research i've learned that they will not operate on FW 3.60.

I was wondering if anyone know if the scene has made progress on overcoming this hurdle. I know i can just get a PSTV and keep it up to date, but i don't consider that ideal given its Blacklist and how expensive the memory cards are.
Advertising
nightwishfan1

Re: Any progress on 3.61+ only games?

Post by nightwishfan1 »

You can still whitelist hack a pstv using psvimage tools on 3.65. The memory cards can't be helped unfortunately on their prices, but there still are gaming options with the whitelist hack tool still viable on 3.65. All depends what you want to do. VHBL from what I understand still works as well on 3.65. A little research on what you can do with a 3.65 unit will open up the idea of getting a pstv a little bit more.
Advertising
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

You misunderstood, he was asking about the progress of games that require a higher firmware being ran on 3.60. Anybody knows you can just buy a new device and update it.

----

To answer OP's question, it seems bleak right now. We have some talented guys so lets hope right? I feel like it's only a matter of time.
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
nightwishfan1

Post by nightwishfan1 »

dmaskell92 wrote:You misunderstood, he was asking about the progress of games that require a higher firmware being ran on 3.60. Anybody knows you can just buy a new device and update it.

----

To answer OP's question, it seems bleak right now. We have some talented guys so lets hope right? I feel like it's only a matter of time.

No you misunderstood me. I merely answered a concern he had about a pstv and I'll quote part of his message below to show what I addressed:

"I know i can just get a PSTV and keep it up to date, but i don't consider that ideal given its Blacklist and how expensive the memory cards are."

I was merely addressing that particular issue, since he could use whitelist hack utilities to overcome that for the most part. Me mentioning VHBL was just so that if he wanted to dabble in homebrew to an extent than that was still an option.

But anyways OP you can have a pstv, and fully update it, and still get the most out of it using some of the whitelist hack utilities out there. It's not guaranteed to work on every single game, but it expands the pstv library considerably on 3.65 firmware. Just do some research on it, and if it's a viable option you'd reconsider exploring then it's there for you.
Armed_&_Overclocked

Thanks, i am hopeful that someone is working on it and makes a break through. Some of those newer games look like they would be awesome on the vita platform.
But anyways OP you can have a pstv, and fully update it, and still get the most out of it using some of the whitelist hack utilities out there. It's not guaranteed to work on every single game, but it expands the pstv library considerably on 3.65 firmware. Just do some research on it, and if it's a viable option you'd reconsider exploring then it's there for you.
Thanks,

I actually already have a PSTV that is running enso and a black lister so i'm good on Homebrew, but i did not know that the white list hacks work, albeit not every time, on the higher firmwares.
That will help my decision, but i will have to research if the white list works for these games or not first.
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

I think you need to make a cma backup with the whitelist patch installed because there is a risk it will disable. Just FYI, also plugins that aide certain PS Vita games running on PSTV will obviously be impossible to run.

Nothing about the PSTV interest me TBH. PPSSPP and Epsxe on my PC are insanely better if I want a TV experience.
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
Armed_&_Overclocked

dmaskell92 wrote:Nothing about the PSTV interest me TBH. PPSSPP and Epsxe on my PC are insanely better if I want a TV experience.
I like it because it is light weight (literally and figuratively) and i can use it to play games on my 60 inch using a controller from the comfort of my couch.

Lately i've been playing the HD remake of Odin Sphere and while that game is absolutely stunning on the Vita, i prefer to play hack n slash esque games with a controller.

I need to find out if the PSTV is capable of running games in 2 player mode because if that's the case then it will be fun item to have come the holiday season when everyone is sitting around waiting on the food
nightwishfan1

Post by nightwishfan1 »

^^^That's definitely something you can do on a PSTV. The only thing about that is you have to be sure that the game/s you're wanting to play like that support local multiplayer on PSTV. For those that support it, all you merely have to do is sync the first controller, then swap the charging cable between controllers by completely removing the cable from both the controller, and PSTV, then re-insert it back to the console, and the next controller, then press ps home button for the new one to sync. The PSTV will assign the controllers accordingly.
Armed_&_Overclocked

nightwishfan1 wrote:^^^That's definitely something you can do on a PSTV. .
Awesome thanks for the feedback and the advice on getting it to work. I plan on hitting up a local retro game store and pick up another controller for it.

By the way do you happen to know if retroarch games are compatible in 2 player mode?
nightwishfan1

Post by nightwishfan1 »

That I don't know unfortunately as I don't use RetroArch myself.

Return to “General”