Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] PicoDrive 1.92 - with SVP dynarec

Running old school games on your PSP? It's definitely possible
robson.santana

Re: PicoDrive 1.91 (PSP) - with SVP dynarec

Post by robson.santana »

pumpkin_link wrote:
robson.santana wrote:
pumpkin_link wrote:So apparently the Black level adjust under display options was removed? I liked that one... :(
The feature is in the emulator, but the option is not. It is not because this graphical interface was developed after the last official version for psp. And this option was specific to the PSP. In a future version I will re-add.

https://github.com/robson-alcantara/picodrive/issues/22
nice to hear that, thanks! :)
also, nice work, it is good to see that the PSP homebrew scene is still alive.
As far as I'm concerned, the emulation scene will remain active. I have no plans to buy a Vita
Advertising
robson.santana

Re: PicoDrive 1.91 (PSP)

Post by robson.santana »

pumpkin_link wrote:
Dark Ronin wrote:Still, it cannot boot Sub-Terrania... Nice work though, keep it up!
SubTerrania is playable on DGEN 1.70 Lite RX, I actually have this emulator on my psp just for this single game.
https://github.com/robson-alcantara/picodrive/issues/23
Annotated, but the ideal is to inform the author of the emulator: https://github.com/notaz/picodrive/issues
Advertising
robson.santana

Post by robson.santana »

robson.santana wrote:
Nismo wrote:Thankyou very much for the updates, great job.

As a suggestion, could be possible to add a option to swap X & O in emulator controls menu? Maybe it doesn't take to much time for you to implement....
robson.santana wrote:It was the way I found to reciprocate the joys I had playing in emulators. In this nice universe I thought Virtua Racing was missing on the PSP.
There's a pretty decent Virtua Racing version for normal (not 32X) megadrive/genesis and runs at decent speeds on your emulator, some slowdowns in my PSP 1000, but if you have a PSP with more memory maybe it runs perfect for you.

Regards.
I will add a option to swap X & O. The speed problem in VR isn't memory, it's PSP CPU for process SVP, MD CPU and sound at same time. But has possibilities for any optmization.
Replace X <-> O for confirm button is a very hard task because the emulator architecture. See:

static struct in_default_bind in_psp_defbinds[] =
{
{ PSP_BTN_UP, IN_BINDTYPE_PLAYER12, GBTN_UP },
{ PSP_BTN_DOWN, IN_BINDTYPE_PLAYER12, GBTN_DOWN },
{ PSP_BTN_LEFT, IN_BINDTYPE_PLAYER12, GBTN_LEFT },
{ PSP_BTN_RIGHT, IN_BINDTYPE_PLAYER12, GBTN_RIGHT },
{ PSP_BTN_SQUARE, IN_BINDTYPE_PLAYER12, GBTN_A },
{ PSP_BTN_X, IN_BINDTYPE_PLAYER12, GBTN_B },
{ PSP_BTN_CIRCLE, IN_BINDTYPE_PLAYER12, GBTN_C },
{ PSP_BTN_START, IN_BINDTYPE_PLAYER12, GBTN_START },
{ PSP_BTN_TRIANGLE, IN_BINDTYPE_PLAYER12, GBTN_Y },
{ PSP_BTN_L, IN_BINDTYPE_PLAYER12, GBTN_X },
{ PSP_BTN_R, IN_BINDTYPE_PLAYER12, GBTN_Z },
{ PSP_BTN_VOL_DOWN, IN_BINDTYPE_EMU, PEVB_VOL_DOWN },
{ PSP_BTN_VOL_UP, IN_BINDTYPE_EMU, PEVB_VOL_UP },
{ PSP_BTN_SELECT, IN_BINDTYPE_EMU, PEVB_MENU },
{ 0, 0, 0 }
};

static const struct menu_keymap key_pbtn_map[] =
{
{ PSP_BTN_UP, PBTN_UP },
{ PSP_BTN_DOWN, PBTN_DOWN },
{ PSP_BTN_LEFT, PBTN_LEFT },
{ PSP_BTN_RIGHT, PBTN_RIGHT },
{ PSP_BTN_CIRCLE, PBTN_MOK },
{ PSP_BTN_X, PBTN_MBACK },
{ PSP_BTN_SQUARE, PBTN_MA2 },
{ PSP_BTN_TRIANGLE, PBTN_MA3 },
{ PSP_BTN_SELECT, PBTN_MENU },
{ PSP_BTN_L, PBTN_L },
{ PSP_BTN_R, PBTN_R },
};

The first block are the customizable buttons and the second block are fixed buttons ("const"ant). Change the second block is possible, but would make this port incompatible with future versions of the picodrive. But I'll still try
robson.santana

Post by robson.santana »

I'm working less and can give better support to the emulator. I will continue working on SH2 dynarec
Oldvic

Post by Oldvic »

Thank you for keeping this updated.
Can you allow the options 'Hor. scale (for low res. games)' and 'Hor. scale (for hi res. games)' to have values below '1.00' (eg. '0.80'), like you can in 'PicoDrive v1.51b'. It allows the user to scale the image more to their liking. At the moment only values between '1.00' and '2.00' are allowed in menu, and only solution is to manually edit the 'cfg's' for values below '1.00', which does work fine. Thanks.
Oketado

Post by Oketado »

SRM saves don't work in Picodrive 1.91 or have I missed something??? (advanced options -> SRAM/BRAM saves is ON)
I try to latest build and previous. Sonic3 can't save and Picodrive 1.91 not load/create SRMs.
I am not speaking about "save states", they works Ok. But I need to transfer SRM save of Operation Europe and Sonic3 from PC emul.
Old PicoDrive v1.51b works Ok with that and save/load SRM nice, but not a 1.91
robson.santana

Post by robson.santana »

Oldvic wrote:Thank you for keeping this updated.
Can you allow the options 'Hor. scale (for low res. games)' and 'Hor. scale (for hi res. games)' to have values below '1.00' (eg. '0.80'), like you can in 'PicoDrive v1.51b'. It allows the user to scale the image more to their liking. At the moment only values between '1.00' and '2.00' are allowed in menu, and only solution is to manually edit the 'cfg's' for values below '1.00', which does work fine. Thanks.
I will fix this in futures versions. Thanks for the sugestion.

https://github.com/robson-alcantara/picodrive/issues/27
robson.santana

Post by robson.santana »

Oketado wrote:SRM saves don't work in Picodrive 1.91 or have I missed something??? (advanced options -> SRAM/BRAM saves is ON)
I try to latest build and previous. Sonic3 can't save and Picodrive 1.91 not load/create SRMs.
I am not speaking about "save states", they works Ok. But I need to transfer SRM save of Operation Europe and Sonic3 from PC emul.
I will investigate and try to correct. Thanks for the contribution.

https://github.com/robson-alcantara/picodrive/issues/28
Sergio Biston

Post by Sergio Biston »

Im having issues when using Sega CD isos. I have both bin and cue files but when playing the game and soundtrack "stutters". It slowdowns so much that It cannot be played. When turning background music off the game plays fine. Any advices?
Oldvic

Post by Oldvic »

robson.santana wrote:
Oketado wrote:SRM saves don't work in Picodrive 1.91 or have I missed something??? (advanced options -> SRAM/BRAM saves is ON)
I will investigate and try to correct. Thanks for the contribution.

https://github.com/robson-alcantara/picodrive/issues/28
Thanks Robson. I look forward to new release.
Sergio Biston wrote:Im having issues when using Sega CD isos. I have both bin and cue files but when playing the game and soundtrack "stutters". It slowdowns so much that It cannot be played. When turning background music off the game plays fine. Any advices?
Try with cue, iso and mp3. I have my CD games ripped this way and it works pretty well.

Return to “Emulators”