Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Question] Homebrews and the Memory Stick Light

Everything that is PSP-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
Darth Agnon

[Question] Homebrews and the Memory Stick Light

Post by Darth Agnon »

I've noticed that some homebrews make the memory stick light flash non-stop. I figure it's typically when they're playing music, often on a loop. Examples include GDP and Spaceball (both LUA homebrews) and woolio's Lamecraft, when music is playing.

Even some official games do that, when stored on the memory stick. Examples include FlatOut Head On and MGS Peace Walker. As long as music is playing, e.g. on Peace Walker's Mother Base, the light is flashing, indicating memory stick access.

My question is:

Will it damage or corrupt any data if I quit the game when the memory stick access light is flashing in any of those scenarios? The games, as far as I can tell, aren't "loading" or saving anything to the memory stick, only accessing resource files.

I'd sure appreciate any knowledgeable answers :) I'm paranoid about corrupted data, as official PSP games warn me non-stop about not touching the memory stick when the light is flashing, and back in the day, I had a lot of trouble with corrupted data on fake Sony Memory Stick Pro Duos.

Live long and prosper!

Darth Agnon
Monster Hunter, Planeswalker and Sith
Advertising
Like Wagic? Check out my custom themes, etc. at viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44148
Wololo's article: http://wololo.net/2016/07/14/new-wagic- ... rth-agnon/
Butcher

Re: [Question] Homebrews and the Memory Stick Light

Post by Butcher »

No ,its normal when game load something once or some times is loading like from UMD. Fake or orginal or in adapter card will not damage when u off when load or exit or use.

But who knows when and how the card will damage ,like always some day will work or not duo to end of read and write limit. But i have many card in many phones ,pc ,psp etc and most 98% work many years

If PSP touch section i have 2 Orginal Sony MSPD still run in PSP up to day from 2005 year and when i tested cards in PC via some program are fully health
Advertising

Return to “General”