Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Release] DSMotion - DS 3/4 motion control support for PS TV

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
stranno

Re: [Release] DSMotion - DS 3/4 motion control support for P

Post by stranno »

OperationNT wrote:
stranno wrote:I also have DS4 but i dont like it too much. I have tried it and sensibility/stability is even better but the axis are still "inverted" so i guess that is the normal behaviour of the game. I have never tried Gravity Rush in my Vita (i barely use it) so IDK.
Both Gravity Rush in "flight mode" and Virtua Tennis 4 in "Match VR" mode seems to expect the same kind of data from motion feature. I checked yesturday with a DS3 and I didn't get inverted horizontal axis with the quaternion fix.
However, I can understand why it "seems" inverted: when you tilt the right side of the controller, the camera goes left in those modes. It is perfectly normal if you imagine that your controller was a real PS Vita with the screen in your hand. You must think "which direction my controller targets" instead of "I tilt the controller on the right so it must go to the right". If you have the occasion to test those games with a real PS Vita, just try the same movement and you will understand what I mean.
Yes, that seems the case. Apologies for the wrong report.

I guess most of my reports are also wrong from that perspective.
nightwishfan1 wrote:@stranno

Where it mentions Kernel again in the config file there's 2 lines above it that notes that: quoting config file text
"# henkaku.suprx and henkaku.skprx has moved to ur0:tai, you may remove the old entries above.".

That takes up lines 0013 and 0014 with kernel noted at 0015 as *KERNEL. As noted I never messed with plugins, so I'm not entirely sure whats safe to remove despite what the noted lines of 0013 and 0014 say. One in particular above those at 0010 mentions it's for modifying version string in the settings widget with line 0011 stating ux0:app/MLCL00001/henkaku.suprx

Also I'm not going to use the all function as I'm only going to play Uncharted so I'll add the title id for it, and other titles as needed, since using all probably won't work correctly at a given point.
Oh, OK.

ux0 is the memory card of the Vita/TV. ur0 is an internal memory of 2,5GB in PSV1000, 1,5GB in PSV2000 and 1GB in PSTV. yifanlu (HENkaku dev) unlocked that extra space time ago and he moved there the HENkaku file system because that internal space had no use (in order to free a few megabytes from the memory card).

In my example i am keeping only HENkaku in that internal memory (ur0) while all the other plugins in the memory card (ux0) but AFAIK you can use the unit you want, changing uro0 to ux0 and viceversa.

It is safe to group KERNEL, user and main plugins. But you should put here your config.txt file (the text itself, like i did with my example) to check it. Line order doesnt really mind as long as plugins are in the correct place.
Advertising
OperationNT

Post by OperationNT »

New version 1.2 available: https://github.com/OperationNT414C/DSMo ... es/tag/1.2

This version highly improves device orientation computations. However, computations go wrong when the controller is turned upside down (could happen really fast when you try to look too high in a game).
Advertising
SphereX

Post by SphereX »

Ohh, fantastic! Keep up the good work. This plugin is a godsend.
nightwishfan1

Post by nightwishfan1 »

Ok so if I reading stranno right, and I'll use my own config file from a browser view, which presents the config file in a better view to me than notepad does (my pstv shows it the same way), then everything below the first line mentioning KERNEL I can add the extra lines. Viewing in notepad, and it showing me all the lines in a horizontal plane just wasn't doing me any good. And as a note on what stranno exampled. I don't use adrenaline so I imagine uncharteds title id would be just go like PCSA00029 as I see it in my pstv app meta area? Or does that have to be specifically defined with the TITLEID comment as stranno exampled? It doesn't seem like it would, but I don't want to mess it up, and keep fooling around with editing this thing.

# You must reboot for changes to take place.
*KERNEL
# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here
*main

# main is a special titleid for SceShell
ux0:app/MLCL00001/henkaku.suprx
*NPXS10015
# this is for modifying the version string
*NPXS10016
# this is for modifying the version string in settings widget

# henkaku.suprx and henkaku.skprx has moved to ur0:tai, you may remove
# the old entries above.
*KERNEL
*main
ur0:tai/henkaku.suprx
*NPXS10015
*NPXS10016
nightwishfan1

Post by nightwishfan1 »

Guess I'll just give this up since no one is exactly answering what I'm asking. I got 2 kernel noted areas in my config file, and not a single person is saying which area is the appropriate one to add my edits to. The config file says I don't necessarily have to add to the top most part where kernel is mentioned for ux0, and the area can be completely deleted, though it seems it can be kept, and edited to if I want. My virgin config file without edits is on the post above. Anyways I made an attempt at a mock up of what I'm assuming is the right editing of my file. I just need someone to confirm.

So simple question guys.....can't be hard to answer....Top most kernel area I edit my edits into...or......Second kernel area which notes that the top most kernel area isn't needed? Can it be that hard to answer? Really? I dont know this stuff like some other users. Nor do I have adrenaline cause I don't really need it.

# You must reboot for changes to take place.
*KERNEL
ux0:tai/dsmotion.skprx
*main
PCSA00029/
ux0:tai/dsmotion.suprx
*NPXS10015
*NPXS10016

# henkaku.suprx and henkaku.skprx has moved to ur0:tai, you may remove
# the old entries above.
*KERNEL
*main
*NPXS10015
*NPXS10016
OperationNT

Post by OperationNT »

I think it is due to some legacy Henkaku stuff. Just check you "ux0:app/MLCL00001" content, if it doesn't contains "henkaku.suprx", you can remove useless lines.
nightwishfan1

Post by nightwishfan1 »

So in other words my edits are appropriate then. Oh and OperationNT I wasn't private messaging you to be a pain, but what I mentioned about the touch pad emulation on my DS4 was gone after I added the edited config file, and your plugins, then rebooted. It was something I wasn't expecting, and only noticed when I tried to play Uncharted, and the touch pad failed to bring up the white hand to touch the screen for starting. So I decided to halt and reset things back to original config file settings, and remove the plugins. Then I went to shut down my pstv completely on the shut down or standby screen, which also showed my controller charging level, and such. That's when I noticed the box for touch pad use from ps4 was unchecked for some reason.
OperationNT

Post by OperationNT »

Sorry, I didn't saw the private message. About DS4 touchpad, I can assure you I often test this plugin on Gravity Rush with the "slide move" which requires to touch the left and right corner of the touchpad: I never got any touch issue.
nightwishfan1

Post by nightwishfan1 »

Well the issue only happened once, and so far after editing my config file twice after it hasn't happened. Now about the functionality of this. So far with my edits it has not worked. I had them first where the first mention of kernel was, then tried the 2nd area where it's mentioned. I've only used the title id for Uncharted as PCSA00029. I don't know if I need to specify more in my edits for that or not, and I have not tried the ALL function, which I think I will try next.

Quick edit to note that *ALL did not work for me either. Reverted back to original tai config file settings and removed plugins.
Belmondo

Post by Belmondo »

Does this work with the ds4vita plugin?

Return to “HENkaku”