Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Release] DSMotion - DS 3/4 motion control support for PS TV

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
OperationNT

Re: [Release] DSMotion - DS 3/4 motion control support for P

Post by OperationNT »

nightwishfan1 wrote:I have Uncharted Golden Abyss game card
In fact, it works on signed titles/cartriges. The limitation I indicated was due to a confusion during my tests when I developped "FakeCamera" plugin: I tried to output some log in "ux0:data/" and most signed titles don't have the access priviledges on this directory. So I though userland plugins could not work on signed titles but after some recent tests, I discovered this limitation is not true. ;)
I already removed the limitation from the Github "README.MD" file.
jj96 wrote:I may have a solution to the random horizontal acceleromter inversion issue. I have noticed that this issue appears somewhat randomly in games, and I believe that one of the (otherwise unused) back triggers could be used to invert the horizontal tilting data.
As I said in my previous post, I found the origin of this issue: it was due to wrong computations for "deviceQuat". I already modify the source code in the Github "user/main.c" file: it implies trigonometric functions calls. I didn't have time to make an official release but I made a build (see attachment "dsmotion_quatfix.zip" from my previous post).
Advertising
stranno

Post by stranno »

Unfortunately i'm still getting inverted X axis in Gravity Rush using the latest build. The camera movement is much more stable and smooth tho.
Advertising
OperationNT

Post by OperationNT »

Curious, I didn't get this issue during my test yesturday on this game (or maybe I was too tired to notice it, it was late :D). My test was performed with a DualShock 4, I didn't have time to test on DS3.
Which kind of controller do you use?
stranno

Post by stranno »

OperationNT wrote:Curious, I didn't get this issue during my test yesturday on this game (or maybe I was too tired to notice it, it was late :D). My test was performed with a DualShock 4, I didn't have time to test on DS3.
Which kind of controller do you use?
Yes, Dual Shock 3.
OperationNT

Post by OperationNT »

Ok, I will try on this controller tonight.
FYI, DS3 controllers gyroscope is less precise than the DS4 one (it only gives angular velocity on yaw axis, not on pitch and roll axis).
nightwishfan1

Post by nightwishfan1 »

Ok I'm gonna hate admitting this since I'm new to plugins, but I am not even remotely sure what to do when I look at my tai config file in molecular shell. Like I open it, and it shows me 25 lines, and this ????? line you mention doesn't exist in it so that I can properly edit what I need there. There's 2 places where kernel is mentioned. Once at line 0001, and again at line 0015. Where, and which lines should I edit between, and or add to?

I'm sure it's easy for someone who knows, but for me as I mentioned above I am new to this. I don't use plugins for cheats, or translations, or anything else others use, but this will actually help play games like Uncharted, which is mainly what I'm about. Playing the game of my choice. Anyways a little guidance is all I need since I'm a bit confused with this. Also no offense when I say this, but your example of ux0:tai is obsolete since everything uses ur0:tai I believe which are the lines I'm seeing mentioned from line 0019 down.

Thanks again for this plugin, and sorry for the questions, but when I see 2 kernel references in the file to edit between I'm just not sure where your edits are appropriate.
stranno

Post by stranno »

OperationNT wrote:Ok, I will try on this controller tonight.
FYI, DS3 controllers gyroscope is less precise than the DS4 one (it only gives angular velocity on yaw axis, not on pitch and roll axis).
I also have DS4 but i dont like it too much. I have tried it and sensibility/stability is even better but the axis are still "inverted" so i guess that is the normal behaviour of the game. I have never tried Gravity Rush in my Vita (i barely use it) so IDK.

After collecting all the data from the gamepad, both DS3/DS4, is there any possiblity to invert the axis? Any kind of "wrapper" to do so between the data from the gamepad, the plugin and the game itself? That could be great.

Anyway, i got use to the axis and i finished Gravity Rush without any problems.
nightwishfan1 wrote:Ok I'm gonna hate admitting this since I'm new to plugins, but I am not even remotely sure what to do when I look at my tai config file in molecular shell. Like I open it, and it shows me 25 lines, and this ????? line you mention doesn't exist in it so that I can properly edit what I need there. There's 2 places where kernel is mentioned. Once at line 0001, and again at line 0015. Where, and which lines should I edit between, and or add to?

I'm sure it's easy for someone who knows, but for me as I mentioned above I am new to this. I don't use plugins for cheats, or translations, or anything else others use, but this will actually help play games like Uncharted, which is mainly what I'm about. Playing the game of my choice. Anyways a little guidance is all I need since I'm a bit confused with this. Also no offense when I say this, but your example of ux0:tai is obsolete since everything uses ur0:tai I believe which are the lines I'm seeing mentioned from line 0019 down.

Thanks again for this plugin, and sorry for the questions, but when I see 2 kernel references in the file to edit between I'm just not sure where your edits are appropriate.
The best thing you can do is activate the FTP on molecularShell and edit the config.txt inside tai folder through an FTP client (Filezilla) and notepad (Windows notepad or Notepad++).

I dont know why you have two KERNEL lines, one is enought (tho two could work fine) so delete one of them and move the plugins from that KERNEL section to the other. Keep only one.

There must be only three sections:

- KERNEL for kernel plugins, like adrenaline or dsmotion.
- main for HENKAKU.
- And the user mode plugins under the ID of the game. You can assign one section for each game (the *TITLEID00 OperationNT mentioned) or you can just put a *ALL section and those plugins will work on every application you run on your Playstation TV.

So, your config file should look like this:

*KERNEL
ux0:adrenaline/adrenaline.skprx (if you are using adrenaline)
ux0:tai/dsmotion.skprx
*main
ur0:tai/henkaku.suprx
*ALL
ux0:tai/dsmotion.suprx
*NPXS10015 (HENkaku stuff to modifiy the firmware version, dont touch it)
*NPXS10016 (HENkaku stuff to modifiy the firmware version, dont touch it)
*TITLEID (this is the section for the exploitable game for Adrenaline).
ux0:adrenaline/adrenaline.suprx

This is the skeleton config file for HENkaku + Adrenaline + DSMotion, nothing more. If you want more plugins, obviously, you need to put them in his own TITLE ID or in *ALL section.

You need both dsmotion files, one does some kernel stuff and the other does some user stuff. The user file (SUPRX) is the one that have been updated in later post.

I hope its clear, english is not my native language :D
SphereX

Post by SphereX »

Amazing stuff, OperationNT. Rayman Legends is now fully playable on a PS TV!

nightwishfan1

Post by nightwishfan1 »

@stranno

Where it mentions Kernel again in the config file there's 2 lines above it that notes that: quoting config file text
"# henkaku.suprx and henkaku.skprx has moved to ur0:tai, you may remove the old entries above.".

That takes up lines 0013 and 0014 with kernel noted at 0015 as *KERNEL. As noted I never messed with plugins, so I'm not entirely sure whats safe to remove despite what the noted lines of 0013 and 0014 say. One in particular above those at 0010 mentions it's for modifying version string in the settings widget with line 0011 stating ux0:app/MLCL00001/henkaku.suprx

Also I'm not going to use the all function as I'm only going to play Uncharted so I'll add the title id for it, and other titles as needed, since using all probably won't work correctly at a given point.
OperationNT

Post by OperationNT »

stranno wrote:I also have DS4 but i dont like it too much. I have tried it and sensibility/stability is even better but the axis are still "inverted" so i guess that is the normal behaviour of the game. I have never tried Gravity Rush in my Vita (i barely use it) so IDK.
Both Gravity Rush in "flight mode" and Virtua Tennis 4 in "Match VR" mode seems to expect the same kind of data from motion feature. I checked yesturday with a DS3 and I didn't get inverted horizontal axis with the quaternion fix.
However, I can understand why it "seems" inverted: when you tilt the right side of the controller, the camera goes left in those modes. It is perfectly normal if you imagine that your controller was a real PS Vita with the screen in your hand. You must think "which direction my controller targets" instead of "I tilt the controller on the right so it must go to the right". If you have the occasion to test those games with a real PS Vita, just try the same movement and you will understand what I mean.

Return to “HENkaku”