You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
#419224 by crimsonnight
Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:24 pm
Hey guys,

I want to grab an external drive for my Vita TV (running Enso Henkaku) and wanted to know what the maximum size I can use with it is? Also, which drives definitely work, is there a list anywhere? Any particular types of drive I should avoid? I'd like to go with a drive that can be powered via the USB port if possible.

Cheers!
Advertising
#419233 by nightwishfan1
Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:20 am
There isn't any list of compatible drives to use with the ps vita tv. The best advice to give would be go with established brands that have good reputations for being reliable, and go with drives that are simply plug and play without having to install they're own drivers (should go without saying really), which there are numerous brands of to choose from, and are powered by usb only.

Maximum size that can be supported is just as unknown as what brand of drives are good to use, so best advice is not to go too crazy with it like buying a several TB drive only to have the ps vita tv not be able to read it correctly, cause of how the drive may be structured to handle such capacities.

All in all I'd say keep plugging at the various vita hacking scene sites, and eventually you'll get better answers than this as to what someone uses and the capacity of the drive they use, cause what I said above is basically just how these sort of questions go. There is no real answers to it, and even TheFlow who made this possible can't even answer definitively.
Advertising
#419235 by dmaskell92
Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:08 am
I've seen 2TB