Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Open]PS Vita not recognized by USB

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
NFK

[Open]PS Vita not recognized by USB

Post by NFK »

Hello again, after sorting out the kinks i had previously, i ended hitting another stop: My Vita won't be recognized in my pc through usb mode at all, i've tried the next methods with no result

-rebuild database
-format memory card
-system restore
-different cable
-different pc
-uninstalling and reinstalling qcma with libusb0

the odd part of this is that whenever i hit select on vitashell to start usb mode, i get the "USB mode" message but not access

how do i fix this outside opening the console itself?
Advertising
HarmfulMushroom

Re: [Open]PS Vita not recognized by USB

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

Assuming you are using Windows, can you try to go into Device Manager with the console plugged in to see if your computer recognizes something plugged in? Might be a driver issue, worst case you could always give official CMA a shot at least temporarily.
Advertising
NFK

Post by NFK »

HarmfulMushroom wrote:Assuming you are using Windows, can you try to go into Device Manager with the console plugged in to see if your computer recognizes something plugged in? Might be a driver issue, worst case you could always give official CMA a shot at least temporarily.
I tried the vita on an "untouched" computer(as in, never plugged in there, no results(not even detected), installed qcma with libusbK there, nothing either.

also: i noted that when i plugged it in at first on that untouched pc, the PS button light would flare up for a bit before flickering out again.
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

Does the console charge at all or is nothing working? If it is not charging the port itself might be defective, try shining a flashlight into the port and see if any of the pins are bent or bridged. This actually doesn't appear to be an uncommon issue for the pins to become damaged within the port itself unfortunately.

You should be able to see signs of damage just by looking at the port without opening the console, should any damage exist.
NFK

Post by NFK »

HarmfulMushroom wrote:Does the console charge at all or is nothing working? If it is not charging the port itself might be defective, try shining a flashlight into the port and see if any of the pins are bent or bridged. This actually doesn't appear to be an uncommon issue for the pins to become damaged within the port itself unfortunately.

You should be able to see signs of damage just by looking at the port without opening the console, should any damage exist.
No damage visible, charges on ground.
Nuxx.exe

Post by Nuxx.exe »

I'm actually having this same issue on a 3G VIta. Which Vita do you have?
"Ice Bear will take care of it"
NFK

Post by NFK »

Nuxx.exe wrote:I'm actually having this same issue on a 3G VIta. Which Vita do you have?
Phat model

Return to “Support”