Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
#418816 by HarmfulMushroom
Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:25 pm
TheProdigy wrote:Does anyone have a good tutorial on how to do this?

I mean the pictures are the tutorial, it would be harder to go into more specifics than what is already provided. It is a challenging mod, not for everyone. Need to have some thin wire and a steady hand to solder it up well. Personal suggestion, if the port works still don't do the mod. If it doesn't, use a rework station to remove the port, then solder directly to the pads. As difficult as that sounds, I've found it easiest to do it that way. At the very least solder the data pins this way, ground and 5V would be easiest to solder elsewhere.
Advertising
#419089 by Aldighieri
Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:23 pm
Hi, please can someone share the pics? Its not available anymore, and i need to change the original charge port for a microusb, and im not finding the pinout. Thank you.
Advertising
#419090 by HarmfulMushroom
Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:42 am
Aldighieri wrote:Hi, please can someone share the pics? Its not available anymore, and i need to change the original charge port for a microusb, and im not finding the pinout. Thank you.

Just ignore the bridged ground, I made this pic when I thought it was required and that does not seem to be the case. From personal experience, soldering to the data pins directly is way easier than the alternate points, even though it seems like it would be daunting its not that bad.

And here's another good reference: http://imaginglabo.web.fc2.com/PSvita-USB.htm
#419097 by Aldighieri
Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:09 am
HarmfulMushroom wrote:
Aldighieri wrote:Hi, please can someone share the pics? Its not available anymore, and i need to change the original charge port for a microusb, and im not finding the pinout. Thank you.

Just ignore the bridged ground, I made this pic when I thought it was required and that does not seem to be the case. From personal experience, soldering to the data pins directly is way easier than the alternate points, even though it seems like it would be daunting its not that bad.

And here's another good reference: http://imaginglabo.web.fc2.com/PSvita-USB.htm

Thank you man!
#419098 by Aldighieri
Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:36 am
After i made the mod my Vita can transfer data using my PC and microusb cable, but its not charging, when i plug the charger with Vita turned on nothing hapen, when its turned off the oragen light turn on for 2 seconds and turn off.
#419099 by HarmfulMushroom
Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:35 am
Aldighieri wrote:After i made the mod my Vita can transfer data using my PC and microusb cable, but its not charging, when i plug the charger with Vita turned on nothing hapen, when its turned off the oragen light turn on for 2 seconds and turn off.

Could just be that you must use a special adapter like you would have to use with the original cable to disable data transfer. I made a simple adapter usb female to usb male with only 5V and GND connected which I still use to this day.
#419104 by Aldighieri
Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:16 pm
HarmfulMushroom wrote:Could just be that you must use a special adapter like you would have to use with the original cable to disable data transfer. I made a simple adapter usb female to usb male with only 5V and GND connected which I still use to this day.

I remade the solder points and now its working perfect. Thanks for all help!
#419105 by HarmfulMushroom
Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:26 pm
Aldighieri wrote:
HarmfulMushroom wrote:Could just be that you must use a special adapter like you would have to use with the original cable to disable data transfer. I made a simple adapter usb female to usb male with only 5V and GND connected which I still use to this day.

I remade the solder points and now its working perfect. Thanks for all help!

Nice job, happy to help!