HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
#417443 by szczuru
Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:35 pm
Any chances for Quake 2 on Vita? :D
Advertising
#418881 by Rameron
Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:16 pm
Hello!

Asked for help: when I'm launching game, it closed and after this in Quake folder appearing file "log.txt" with line "ux0:/data/Quake/id1/pak0.pak is not packfile". These files (pak0.pak and pak1.pak) I got from Quake 1 game folder.

Thanks for help.
#418884 by Rinnegatamante
Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:28 pm
Rameron wrote:Hello!

Asked for help: when I'm launching game, it closed and after this in Quake folder appearing file "log.txt" with line "ux0:/data/Quake/id1/pak0.pak is not packfile". These files (pak0.pak and pak1.pak) I got from Quake 1 game folder.

Thanks for help.

Your pak files seems to be corrupted.
#419083 by Deathscreton
Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:01 am
So I've been peering into the source for vitaQuake as I want to look at maybe moving NZP (Nazi Zombies Portable) to this version. The dual analogs would do wonders.

Do you think this would be a possibility based on the differences of the PSP Quake and Vita Quake? I'd be willing to learn the internals if there was a possibility (I know the capabilities are there, but what would the difficulty look like? Would I be wasting my time?).

What IDE are you using, what compiler? FrikQCC?

I know mods are supported, would I be better off porting what I want in mod format instead of rewriting the demo for NZP?
#419086 by Rinnegatamante
Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:52 pm
Deathscreton wrote:So I've been peering into the source for vitaQuake as I want to look at maybe moving NZP (Nazi Zombies Portable) to this version. The dual analogs would do wonders.

Do you think this would be a possibility based on the differences of the PSP Quake and Vita Quake? I'd be willing to learn the internals if there was a possibility (I know the capabilities are there, but what would the difficulty look like? Would I be wasting my time?).

What IDE are you using, what compiler? FrikQCC?

I know mods are supported, would I be better off porting what I want in mod format instead of rewriting the demo for NZP?

So:
- PSPQuake uses hw rendering with sceGu, vitaQuake uses sw rendering with vita2d for hw acceleration.
- NZP uses a modified version of Quake Engine, this will imply the fact that several drawing functions won't exist in sw rendering and you'll have to manually rewrite them in order to work with vitaQuake source.
- I don't use any IDE, they're too slow for me. I'm fine with Notepad++. As for compiler you don't have so much choices, you can use arm-vita-eabi-gcc / g++ only.
- NZP is not a mod, so no, you can't port it as a mod. NZP is a total conversion that introduces new stuffs in the main source of the engine. (Think at it as HexenII, the concept is the same).