Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Block me or move me to off topic, please

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
crazy2k4

Re: [RELEASE] vitaQuakeII - Quake II port for PSVITA

Post by crazy2k4 »

works nice!!thanks for your work

one question:is posible play vs bots in multiplayer offline??
Advertising
Dark Ronin

Post by Dark Ronin »

Still no update, though some changes were committed to source code.
Advertising
jastolze

Post by jastolze »

Hey nice job getting around to the port. Quake 2 has a lot of great mods. Unfortunately, they have to be compiled for specific OS's. When you get enough free time, were you planning on compiling some mods to work on the vita? Q2 doesn't have MP bots by default so if you were considering it, the CRBot and Eraser are the best. I can link the sources if you're up to the task?
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

jastolze wrote:Hey nice job getting around to the port. Quake 2 has a lot of great mods. Unfortunately, they have to be compiled for specific OS's. When you get enough free time, were you planning on compiling some mods to work on the vita? Q2 doesn't have MP bots by default so if you were considering it, the CRBot and Eraser are the best. I can link the sources if you're up to the task?
I'll start looking to official mission packs first. When they'll be ported, i'll start working on some mods.
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
jastolze

Post by jastolze »

Rinnegatamante wrote:
jastolze wrote:Hey nice job getting around to the port. Quake 2 has a lot of great mods. Unfortunately, they have to be compiled for specific OS's. When you get enough free time, were you planning on compiling some mods to work on the vita? Q2 doesn't have MP bots by default so if you were considering it, the CRBot and Eraser are the best. I can link the sources if you're up to the task?
I'll start looking to official mission packs first. When they'll be ported, i'll start working on some mods.
Sweet! Thanks! Q2 mods are better than Q3 imo. It's a shame they aren't playable after a download. How hard would it be to compile the mods for vita? Will the Windows mod source work? Or does it need to be Linux?
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

jastolze wrote:
Rinnegatamante wrote:
Sweet! Thanks! Q2 mods are better than Q3 imo. It's a shame they aren't playable after a download. How hard would it be to compile the mods for vita? Will the Windows mod source work? Or does it need to be Linux?
Mods need to be compiled as suprx and dinamically loaded using this ( https://github.com/hyln9/vita-libdl).
Main game to will need to be dinamically loaded (linux-like src) since atm vitaQuakeII is statically linked.
jastolze

Post by jastolze »

Mods need to be compiled as suprx and dinamically loaded using this ( https://github.com/hyln9/vita-libdl).
Main game to will need to be dinamically loaded (linux-like src) since atm vitaQuakeII is statically linked.
Is there a guide on how to do this? Once I learn how, I'll make a bunch of mods compatible and even make a compatibility list. Do I need to know any coding languages to do this?
wmxp

Post by wmxp »

I tried joining the CoOp server you made available, but it looks like you must use the console to type a map vote to get out of the Ship Lobby. Your Quake1 Vita port had the select button open up the vita keyboard to type, but I cannot figure out how to use it on this one. Is there a trick, or is it not implemented?
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

wmxp wrote:I tried joining the CoOp server you made available, but it looks like you must use the console to type a map vote to get out of the Ship Lobby. Your Quake1 Vita port had the select button open up the vita keyboard to type, but I cannot figure out how to use it on this one. Is there a trick, or is it not implemented?
Atm still not implemented, is in the todo list (like the touch and rearpad support)
Dark Ronin

Post by Dark Ronin »

Please, compiled vpk with fixes for video and sensivity. I cannot compile it myself.

Return to “HENkaku”