You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
#418727 by Tesseract
Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:19 pm
I've tried searching for the answer to no avail, but that may be my lacking skill at google-fu.

I want to know if there is any way to directly copy CMA (QCMA) backups to my PSTV's usb stick. (I'm using Henkaku and the VitaShell usb mounting.) I've got a number of games backed up from my old vita, same PSN account. I can restore them over wifi but it takes forever. Tried doing ethernet but still far slower than direct write to usb would be if I could manage it. Would the PSVimgtools be a way to decrypt these for direct restore?
(Then rebuild database I assume)
Advertising
Last edited by Tesseract on Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
#418730 by dmaskell92
Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:57 pm
Tesseract wrote:I've tried searching for the answer to no avail, but that may be my lacking skill at google-fu.

I want to know if there is any way to directly copy CMA (QCMA) backups to my PSTV's usb stick. (I'm using Henkaku and the VitaShell usb mounting.) I've got a number of games backed up from my old vita, same PSN account. I can restore them over wifi but it takes forever. Tried doing ethernet but still far slower than direct write to usb would be if I could manage it. Would the PSVimgtools be a way to decrypt these for direct restore?
(Then rebuild database I assume)

AFAIK, only the Ps Vita can decrypt and encrypt the files.

IIRC It encrypts the files before transferring to PC, and decrypts the files when the backup is launched on the Vita (this is why game dumpers launch the game first before dumping). So I don't think any PC program is going to be able to decrypt CMA backups. I don't know how the PSTV works, but if you can't mount USB wifi is the only option.
Advertising
#418731 by Tesseract
Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:02 pm
I was thinking that the PSVimgtools might help. I think they're able to decrypt the cma backups if I recall right. I'm also running them from the account they were made from so the same keys are used.
#418736 by dmaskell92
Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:09 pm
Maybe it can, I wasn't aware. I don't stay 100% up-to-date all the time.