Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Henkaku 3.60 Official/Purchased Download Cant Install Update

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
drd7of14

Henkaku 3.60 Official/Purchased Download Cant Install Update

Post by drd7of14 »

Hey everyone,

Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but it seems that I'm not able to update my purchased games. They download fine, the game and update file, but when you click on the game to load it, or try to tap the update button symbol on the top left of the game's livearea screen, it doesn't do anything.

Is there another process for updating games while staying in 3.60 PSN spoofed Henkaku mode? I also tried disabling Henkaku and staying offline, but the same thing happened. The only other thought I had was downloading the game and updating on my PSTV, then transferring to CMA, and to my PSV that way, but I'm skeptical the update file would transfer as well.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong, or is this just a known issue that has not been figured out yet?

Remember, this is not for ripped games or pirated games, this is for the games I have downloaded directly on my system from the PSN. Some of these are older. Examples include Minecraft, Helldivers, and Day of the Tentacle, but all apps/games are effected by this.

Thanks everyone

P.S.- If a topic exists on this already, I was not able to find it. So any help would be hot, or just redirect me to the other post.
Advertising
rosafan84pi

Re: Henkaku 3.60 Official/Purchased Download Cant Install Up

Post by rosafan84pi »

I'm having the same issues on a PSTV with 3.60 HENkaku installed and PSN spoofing enabled for 3.65. It's also for an older game (Muramasa Rebirth in my case) and have dlc to install on it as well. Any help would be appreciated like the OP.
Advertising
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Provided you actually own the game then updating works on any firmware, You absolutely sure the update isn't working?

I have never had an issue like this so not sure on what could cause it.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
drd7of14

Post by drd7of14 »

fate6 wrote:Provided you actually own the game then updating works on any firmware, You absolutely sure the update isn't working?

I have never had an issue like this so not sure on what could cause it.
I'm not sure what would be causing it either. The issue only started occurring after they updated the firmware to 3.65. Spoofing it blocks the update for the system firmware, but software updates don't work.

These are my steps:

Download game from PS STORE (Game Downloads fine, and installs)
Check for updates by hitting the update button, it spins...But then nothing.
I load game, it loads through the Splash menu, the publisher/developer, and into the game.
Typically gets to the main menu, more or less, before letting user know there is an update.
Acknowledge the update, and it starts downloading.
After it finishes downloading, it does not install automatically
-Subsequently, pressing the install button won't update the game.
-Subsequently, launching the game won't update the game.
-Subsequently, clicking the update file in the notifications tab does not update the game. (It launches the base game though)

I am sure that the game is official, as I actually have not used ripped/backed up games on my VITA. This problem didn't exist before, and no error code pops up signifying any issues. I am aware that newer software, such as Full Throttle, require the user to be on current official software, as there is no way around that as of now. Attempting to launch 3.60+ titles causes an error.

However, attempting to update Minecraft, a game that has been on my PSV for nearly 2 years now, with which I have never had problems updating the software, even after using henkaku, has proven futile. There does seem to be at least one other user with the same problem. I don't have another VITA to test this out on, and my PSTV is on the up-to-date firmware, so again...The issue persists, with rhyme and without reason.

Perhaps this is a bug in the spoofing and the there-in blocking of official firmware updates, but I honestly don't know enough about the custom firmware to make that sort of assessment.

Regardless, it is quite strange that it allows me access to my cloud saves, the PS Store, Remote Play, internet browser, PlayStation Now, Friends, Party, Messages, etc...And installing Games with no problem, but updates are too much for it to handle. Additionally, I made sure to have 10GB of free space, just in case. That didn't heal my woes any more than 3GB did.

P.S.- This issue presides with PlayStation Plus games as well. I have not tried any PSP titles, such as LBP PSP, but I may try that, to see if it contains a similar Update issue.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Hmmmm Tried to update the games while not running HENkaku? it might be some plugin or even henkaku itself that could be the issue for some reason.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
drd7of14

Post by drd7of14 »

fate6 wrote:Hmmmm Tried to update the games while not running HENkaku? it might be some plugin or even henkaku itself that could be the issue for some reason.
Sadly, I tried that too. I stayed offline, cause I didn't want to be welcomed with the system software update, but in the past, even though it says to turn wi-fi on before updating, it works when you launch the game. In this case, it doesn't. I can't see what the problem would be. Is there another way to install update files? Perhaps a "manual update henkaku app" or something like that? I'm not able to find one, but the issue is frustrating.

Idk if it helps, but I have the original PSV in white. So I don't have the extra 1GB onboard storage. The 64GB memory card runs fine though. Just to see if it was the problem, I did swap it out for a 32, 16, and 8...The same problem occurred all 4 times.

I will add, the only oddity to the whole process is, hitting the refresh icon on the app's livearea does not show the update download button. It only appears after launching the game, and from there it detecting that the game isn't up-to-date. Likely due to the individual game contacting its online servers, as with Helldivers. Then the update file, after informing the user, begins to download.

This is so frustrating. Pretty much only have base-game versions of any future games that I download. :cry:
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

One way to bypass this would be to get the URL the update is being downloaded from and use a PC to download the pkg, Can manually install it using the pkg installer that way.

I have never heard of update not working like this so IDK what could be an issue with that game or even your db.

Well that or your internet/Vita isn't great and its corrupting its files during download.
drd7of14

Post by drd7of14 »

fate6 wrote:One way to bypass this would be to get the URL the update is being downloaded from and use a PC to download the pkg, Can manually install it using the pkg installer that way.

I have never heard of update not working like this so IDK what could be an issue with that game or even your db.

Well that or your internet/Vita isn't great and its corrupting its files during download.
I doubt it's any specific number of games, as it's been the case with every single update file, whether a game or application. I still have yet to try a PSP update file, and I'm not aware of any MINI/PS1 update files to test.

I'll have to test that URL method, and get back to you. I'll also try refreshing the database, even though that's a pain...And let you know if it solves the issue.

As for the network, I tried this on several networks. Regardless, once an update file is prepared to install, it's not actually necessary to be online anyways. Just launch the game, and the file installs prior to loading the game. Normally anyways.

Adding to that last point, some of these files are under 100 MB...I can't imagine them getting corrupt during the download process, and then the PSV not attempting the update, nor displaying any sort of error code.

Honestly, if it isn't some weird issue with the Database, I can't figure what is causing this issue. But at the very least, I'm not alone, as rosafan84pi encountered the same problem. Though I'd like to here her/his troubleshooting methods, so that we can compare our notes.
drd7of14

Post by drd7of14 »

After troubleshooting this over and over again, it doesn't seem like any solution exists. I'd love to know what caused the issue, and if anyone else has had some luck in figuring out why this issue occurs, what causes it, and, most importantly, a viable solution that doesn't require downloading the games on another unit and then backing them up with QCMA to a computer, and then promptly restore them to the intended unit.

The process needs repeating every time there is an update for each individual game, with arises to quite the inconvenience, I must say. Do contribute please, or if you are willing to walk me through whatever steps, so we resolve the issue, and see if it's repeatable under a controlled experimental environment.
adover1965

Post by adover1965 »

Re-Install 3.60 From DNS Server...?? Mabey Your OS Is Corrupted. I Had Issues Like That Also... It Worked For Me.
ACE

Return to “Support”