Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Which 4TB model is supported in PSTV as USB mass storage?

mickael28

Which 4TB model is supported in PSTV as USB mass storage?

Post by mickael28 »

Hi,

I read that the latest VitaShell supports USB mass storage on the PSTV.

I'm about to buy a 4TB HDD and I was wondering if you guys know of a specific model which works fine with that setup?

Or failing knowing specific models,would a portable HDD work (the small 2.5" ones), or better to go for a larger 3.5" 4TB one which come with power supply? Having doubts about the portable ones because maybe the PSTV doesn't provide it enough power to work?
Advertising
mete2221

Re: Which 4TB model is supported in PSTV as USB mass storage

Post by mete2221 »

i have 1 tb hdd but external power supply required :(
Advertising
ali_ihsan21

Post by ali_ihsan21 »

What did you choose ? Yes as you mentioned ps tv doesnt supply enough power if you buy 2,5 hdd you will need usb cable with double end to supply energy. The only problem in my case is when I left it idle and hdd pass to low energy consumption mode waking up from low energy scr..ing up henkaku so I need to refresh whole process, I have 3,5 inch Samsung but Im sure same thing happens to 2,5 inch too.
PSP-1000 6.20 16 GB Pro C-2
PSP-go 6.20 32 GB LME 2.3 White
PSP-go 6.60 24 GB Pro C-2 / LME 2.3 Black
PS Vita Slim 8 GB 3.60 Henkaku
PS TV 3.60 Henkaku 1 TB Samsung Story
Thank you RepRep, Total_Noob, Suloku, Omega2058, TheFlow
atreyu187

Post by atreyu187 »

HDD up to 2tb are only supported due to gpt partioning tables. My 2tb works fine with external power. Got a slim 2tb drive and a y USB cable with one going to the wall power. 3tb and up will never work as the vita file system simply isn't capable. And if you use the brown noise plugin you won't have to worry about that ever happening. Had that issue as well and since using it I can use standby without reenabling HENkaku
ali_ihsan21

Post by ali_ihsan21 »

atreyu187 wrote:HDD up to 2tb are only supported due to gpt partioning tables. My 2tb works fine with external power. Got a slim 2tb drive and a y USB cable with one going to the wall power. 3tb and up will never work as the vita file system simply isn't capable. And if you use the brown noise plugin you won't have to worry about that ever happening. Had that issue as well and since using it I can use standby without reenabling HENkaku
Did you place it to tai or plugin folder ?

The line I created inside config folder is like that but still when I keep the device idle on its bubble menu storage can't be recognized.

PSP-1000 6.20 16 GB Pro C-2
PSP-go 6.20 32 GB LME 2.3 White
PSP-go 6.60 24 GB Pro C-2 / LME 2.3 Black
PS Vita Slim 8 GB 3.60 Henkaku
PS TV 3.60 Henkaku 1 TB Samsung Story
Thank you RepRep, Total_Noob, Suloku, Omega2058, TheFlow

Return to “Homebrews”