Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] Flyer Deathmatch - CSPSP-like shooter game

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
vladgalay

[RELEASE] Flyer Deathmatch - CSPSP-like shooter game

Post by vladgalay »

Description:
Flyer Deathmatch is a CSPSP-like top-down shooter game.

In Flyer Deathmatch you fly and fight opposing team in some sort of space ship.
Player can choose one of several ships, maps and game modes. More information is under the spoiler:
Detailed description
BasicsAs you control your ship, you can shoot and boost by using afterburner. Both actions require ENERGY - it displayed YELLOW at the bottom of your screen. Shooting uses a few energy, while boosting can cost a lot of it. If your energy reaches zero, you can neither shoot nor boost, so keep an eye on it.

Also keep an eye on SHIELDS, that are displayed BLUE at the bottom of your screen. If they fall below zero, your ship will be destroyed.

Game modesDeathmatchYour goal is to eliminate all ships of opposing team.

Scored deathmatchIn this mode victory is achieved by having score higher than the limit. If you kill your teammate, score will be decreased.

Infinite deathmatchSame as scored deathmatch, only infinite.

ShipsPyroDefault ship. Nothing more to say.

PhoenixVery fast ship. Can actually outrun it's own bullets while boosting. Perfect for bullet dodging. However, has low bullet speed.

MagnumSluggish ship, even if boosted. Very high bullet speed compensates it quite well.

MapsThere are three maps - Glasses, Kabba and Window. Also, there are _big versions of them. Any of game modes can be played on any map. However, I have some recommendations:

GlassesGood for Scored and Infinite deathmatch. Recommended ships amount - from 4 to 8 in each team.

KabbaSame as Glasses.

WindowAlmost a clone of iceworld_2d. Perfect for Deathmatch. Recommended ships amount - 4 in each team. But having 8 in each team on _big version is also quite playable.

TeamsThe only difference between teams is in their appearance.

Ships amountIt is not recommended to have more than 16 ships totally.

OtherDeathmatch kill limitWhen this limit is exceeded, Scored deathmatch will end.

DamageNormal is default. If you are tired of slow battles, you can switch to High - it twices the damage.

Player AITired of playing the game all by yourself? Think that bot can do it better? There is no need to think when you can try! Switch to True and have fun.

Friendly fireWell, it's obvious. If you are tired of getting shot by your teammates (or shooting down your teammates), turn it off.
ALSO. This game requires Special Permissions. That is because it was made using ONELua luaplayer, which is requiring them by default.

Keys:
In menu
Up/Down/Left/Right - navigate through menu

In Game
Left Analog Stick - move ship/camera
L-Trigger + Left Analog Stick - move with boost
Right Analog Stick - rotate ship
R-Trigger - shoot
START - toggle pause

Credits:
ONELua staff for it's pretty awesome ONELua luaplayer for Vita

Screenshots:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]LiveArea screenshots:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]Links:
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mvy2hw713 ... hmatch.vpk
Lua source: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5tqzcjamw ... Source.zip

P.S.:
Unfortunately, there are no sounds in this game :(
Playing with music is recommended :)
Advertising
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Re: [RELEASE] Flyer Deathmatch - CSPSP-like shooter game

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Congrats, that's a really cool idea. We need more native homebrew games, good luck with your project! ;)
Advertising
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
vladgalay

Post by vladgalay »

Rinnegatamante wrote:Congrats, that's a really cool idea. We need more native homebrew games, good luck with your project! ;)
Thanks! I appreciate your gratitude :D
There will be at least one more small homebrew game, I'm working on it right now :)
JhonDoeA

Post by JhonDoeA »

Nice!!! How long did it take you honestly? I would like to do a project on a game of a size like yours but first I would like to know how long I have to plan for :D Oh and I am gonna be using C/C++
Also for multiplayer, is it even possible in the ONElua ? I see it has http and ftp but could not see sockets and so on....
vladgalay

Post by vladgalay »

JhonDoeA wrote:Nice!!! How long did it take you honestly? I would like to do a project on a game of a size like yours but first I would like to know how long I have to plan for :D Oh and I am gonna be using C/C++
Also for multiplayer, is it even possible in the ONElua ? I see it has http and ftp but could not see sockets and so on....
Thanks! :D
Well, the actual coding took me about 3 days, plus 1 day for cleaning up the game and publishing it. But I must say that before making the game I had almost all necessary resources.
C/C++ is very nice! Lua is kinda neat and easy, but lacks in performance :(
As far as I have seen, there are socket functions in ONELua. The problem for me is that I don't know how to do netcode at all. I tried it multiple times in Lua, and every time I failed. That is not an excuse though for not trying it one more time :)
gdljjrod

Post by gdljjrod »

Very good homebrew :D

Maybe davis can help you with the sockets and sounds....
or check zsokoban to give you an idea of how the sound module works

sorry badengrish :P
Davis9278

Post by Davis9278 »

vladgalay wrote:
JhonDoeA wrote:Nice!!! How long did it take you honestly? I would like to do a project on a game of a size like yours but first I would like to know how long I have to plan for :D Oh and I am gonna be using C/C++
Thanks! :D
Well, the actual coding took me about 3 days, plus 1 day for cleaning up the game and publishing it. But I must say that before making the game I had almost all necessary resources.
C/C++ is very nice! Lua is kinda neat and easy, but lacks in performance :(
As far as I have seen, there are socket functions in ONELua. The problem for me is that I don't know how to do netcode at all. I tried it multiple times in Lua, and every time I failed. That is not an excuse though for not trying it one more time :)
First, congratulations, it's a nice game, I just liked the game!

The sound module is simple to use, I think it would be enough to give you a view, to the sample sound, it has 2 channels at the moment, you could use 1 for background music, and another for effects, see 'zsokoban' , I could be of help.
Last edited by Davis9278 on Fri May 12, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Please refer to me as DevDavisNunez,
I am looking for some way to change my nick on wololo!
Davis9278

Post by Davis9278 »

ONElua support sockets functions:
http://onelua.x10.mx/vita/docs/en/group__socket.html

For the multiplayer of a game, it would be good to use the sockets, in combination with the thread module.
Please refer to me as DevDavisNunez,
I am looking for some way to change my nick on wololo!
vladgalay

Post by vladgalay »

Wow, thanks, guys! I didn't expect to see not even one, but two Lua developers in my thread! :D

About the sounds. I actually implemented sounds in early stage of game development. But it seems that I did it the wrong way - I made the game play multiple sound on one channel. As a result, what was supposed to be sweet sound effects could literally cause ear damage. Because of that, I, reluctantly, had to abandon sound effects.

But now I have an idea about sounds. I will play only on sound at a channel, and when new sound comes, every other sound stops. I will yet have to see how that comes out, but if it will be good, I will include it in the next release :)

Also, there is a small side effect of sound playback. Sometimes, when a lot of sounds are played within a small period of time, game speed noticeably slows down. I just hope when only one sound will be played, it would be less visible.
JhonDoeA

Post by JhonDoeA »

Well sockets are cool if you learn them. But keep in mind if you want to have dedicated servers, like cspsp had , you need to code another program with sockets :D

So the vita can not play multiple sounds at once? That is not good :C

Well 3 days looks like pretty good in my opinion, very fast indeed. Did you have any trouble while coding? I keep running into bugs when I code stuff myself , kinda trial & error , which makes coding take longer T_T

Return to “HENkaku”